• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disturbance in the Force

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved from the rules page
Well a certain some one dropped a D picked up a player then played without a D and had all 6 on the bench on a bye
That for me is extreme
Tlance you are certainly right as well when you post the other side of the argument yet 6 on a bye is way to extreme certainly 1 of the 6 could have been dropped without long term impact

and that week he lost by 1.9 to our eventual number 1 seed who may have deserved to be 2

and if the person who did that chimes in and questions why I didn't use his name it is because most in the discussion already know who we are talking of and why risk the potential of what may be deemed slander any further for those who do not know
and finally it may yet prove not to be a glaring error when all is said and done if the majority determines it so

IDK, I often will drop my kicker or defense to pick up a player I need when I don't want to drop any starters... always with the intention to fill that spot back out later that week when I decide what I can do... It has happened that even though I intended to fix it, that I forgot to... sometimes we are all scatterbrains... that is human IMO... I think the penalty of not getting the points is enough... But if this becomes a regular thing then that is a whole other story...

We don't want to take away strategy, nor punish for an accident... we want to prevent from bad owners who make it a regular thing to disadvantage themselves...

in the Dynasty leagues I think we all had a week or 2 where we started a BYE player or an injured player... this happens... the only thing we can ask for is to try as hard as you can to be a good owner...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In dynasty or Suicide you may not be able to field a full lineup.

In a redraft, there are very few reasons to start a bye. I'm normally asleep on Sunday mornings, so I may miss a game time decision, and I can see a few other legit reasons for missing an injury. But a bye week, you know is coming up and should have time to prepare for it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Milk I think it may happen more in dynasty and we may be more apt to error and even purposely let it happen but you may not want to drop a potential player who will only gel in a year or 2

but in the MBBRL it is a redraft league and you should drop one of 6 bench players to fill a gap
the argument above was an example of all 6 bench players were on a bye. that is just plain extreme

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised this is a debate.

In my mind, part of the strategy in a one year league is figuring out how to start a full roster during the bye weeks, or when dealing with injuries.

It would never enter my mind to intentionally not start a full lineup.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my mind, part of the strategy in a one year league is figuring out how to start a full roster during the bye weeks, or when dealing with injuries.

Winner winner chicken dinner

dvcxb.gif.cf.gif

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W

Which has been the point since week 9 when I brought it up and I believe we are cracking now because what is seen by many as not even close to warranting a debate has been debated all to much and caused unease in those who do not want to debate it. Now that is a mouthful eh Chef. sounds like some Sunday night HBO series The Debaters

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I have always done in redrafts is set aside one of my bench spots for bye weeks at week spots(te, k, d and dip). I watch my byes as the season is going along and start figuring out what I am going to do a week before if I have multiple byes in those positions.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W

Which has been the point since week 9 when I brought it up and I believe we are cracking now because what is seen by many as not even close to warranting a debate has been debated all to much and caused unease in those who do not want to debate it. Now that is a mouthful eh Chef. sounds like some Sunday night HBO series The Debaters

bigmouth.gif~c200
:pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I have always done in redrafts is set aside one of my bench spots for bye weeks at week spots(te, k, d and dip). I watch my byes as the season is going along and start figuring out what I am going to do a week before if I have multiple byes in those positions.

Yeah, I try to do that too; then my mind goes in about a million directions and I'm usually thinking on the fly at the last minute when it's crunch time. ;)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Milk I think it may happen more in dynasty and we may be more apt to error and even purposely let it happen but you may not want to drop a potential player who will only gel in a year or 2

but in the MBBRL it is a redraft league and you should drop one of 6 bench players to fill a gap
the argument above was an example of all 6 bench players were on a bye. that is just plain extreme

I agree... but the fact that it was a one time thing, at least allows us to give the benefit of doubt, right?? accidents happen...

Like I said, he may have intended to pick up what he dropped later that week after deciding who to drop... and just forgot... this happens...

What I would rather do is record how many times an owner does something like this and penalize them at the end of the season... I think it was Joe who wanted to make it the number one tie breaker during the off-season... don't remember which league it was...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I try to do that too; then my mind goes in about a million directions and I'm usually thinking on the fly at the last minute when it's crunch time. ;)

Apparently, your 'fly' thinking served you well this season ....

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... but the fact that it was a one time thing, at least allows us to give the benefit of doubt, right?? accidents happen...

Like I said, he may have intended to pick up what he dropped later that week after deciding who to drop... and just forgot... this happens...

What I would rather do is record how many times an owner does something like this and penalize them at the end of the season... I think it was Joe who wanted to make it the number one tie breaker during the off-season... don't remember which league it was...

Dynasty 2. But it has caused issues there because where do you draw the line on what an inactive is.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, your 'fly' thinking served you well this season ....

That Shady trade came to be in part because I was looking sooo hard at those Week 16 matchups; I thought it was gonna be easy peasy. :what::what::what:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef,

I agree, but I have also been in extremely tough spots in other leagues before.

We already have a short bench. If you have a couple byes and a couple injuries at the same time, you could already be starting your entire bench. Byes at QB and TE are especially tough because most of us don't roster back ups.

I just don't want to make a rule that punishes owners already suffering from bad luck. That does not seem right. That is why I wrote it with a little wiggle room/gray area.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef,

I agree, but I have also been in extremely tough spots in other leagues before.

We already have a short bench. If you have a couple byes and a couple injuries at the same time, you could already be starting your entire bench. Byes at QB and TE are especially tough because most of us don't roster back ups.

I just don't want to make a rule that punishes owners already suffering from bad luck. That does not seem right. That is why I wrote it with a little wiggle room/gray area.

And I understand your reasoning, but consider this: doesn't it seem that Wil gave us those short benches for a reason? I respect that guy so much I'll go along with what he says, but honestly I'll be flabbergasted if he didn't say it was because it would force us to use our wits and make hard choices.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I understand your reasoning, but consider this: doesn't it seem that Wil gave us those short benches for a reason? I respect that guy so much I'll go along with what he says, but honestly I'll be flabbergasted if he didn't say it was because it would force us to use our wits and make hard choices.

Hard choices?? don't you think it is a hard choice to go with a definite zero?? Very hard to win with a zero starting...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard choices?? don't you think it is a hard choice to go with a definite zero?? Very hard to win with a zero starting...

In a redraft league, if you are not starting a full lineup every week, you are not playing the game.

It is ChickenBleep.

Imo.

Sidenote: I'm trying to clean up my board language a bit; we'll see how long that lasts. :pound::pound::pound:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone after the first three rounds is interchangeable, imo.

Therefore it is nearly impossible to have five players that are untouchable. Three on a bye and two injured? Sure. It happens. It is very easy to work around though, imo.

I agree with Chef on Wil's philosophy.... five bench is not an excuse for a wasted lineup spot. Five bench is there for that much more strategy/decision making, and we should cherish that, not look for loopholes.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a redraft league, if you are not starting a full lineup every week, you are not playing the game.

It is ChickenBleep.

Imo.

Sidenote: I'm trying to clean up my board language a bit; we'll see how long that lasts. :pound::pound::pound:

its not that I disagree... I just don't want to police whether it is an accident or not... Would rather just give an owner the benefit of doubt, even if it is very obvious...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not that I disagree... I just don't want to police whether it is an accident or not... Would rather just give an owner the benefit of doubt, even if it is very obvious...

We are in agreement there. About the policing part, anyway.