• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disturbance in the Force

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I actually did not pay any attention to this thread and now I'm very sorry I didn't. @averagejoe is concerned and dedicated enough that he send me and several others emails to continue the discussion. I sort of blew him off and now regret that. I'm glad he took the time to do the homework and didn't take my comment to just wait and chill - and brought his message here. Thanks Joe.
The multiplier certainly changes my faith in where the league can go and further enhances my awe of @wilwhite in his ultimate wisdom. There is still hope, but as Treff points out to get this thing back on track as the great league it was, there may need to be some harsh decisions on current membership and criteria going forward. We need a strong leader to get there (Joe ?).

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @averagejoe - perhaps it would be a very good idea to post the rules and regulations established over the years and put them on the MBBRL thread for all to see. I do not have that history or I would do it - you seem to have that 'history' and I think that, in itself, could solve quite a few issues raised in the disturbance being felt . ....

Also, I mentioned perhaps changes in current membership. I do not think the 'super delegate' criteria has been used in a couple of years. Since some of Treff's issues lie with recent members, perhaps a retain or not vote (using the historical criteria) needs to occur - and that same criteria from hence forth.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @averagejoe - perhaps it would be a very good idea to post the rules and regulations established over the years and put them on the MBBRL thread for all to see. I do not have that history or I would do it - you seem to have that 'history' and I think that, in itself, could solve quite a few issues raised in the disturbance being felt . ....

Also, I mentioned perhaps changes in current membership. I do not think the 'super delegate' criteria has been used in a couple of years. Since some of Treff's issues lie with recent members, perhaps a retain or not vote (using the historical criteria) needs to occur - and that same criteria from hence forth.

I understand where you are coming from, but I also feel like that would get really messy.

I said it on the other thread and will say it here.

We need a constitution where the rules and expectations are clearly laid out. I do not think it is fair to hold people to a vague ethical standard that they were never aware of. We can agree that there are exceptions that can and should cause a compelling oblivion vote this year, but again the expectations must be communicated clearly, and up until now they haven't been.

After all, what I consider to be a douchy play might not appear that way to you or to others. We need to be more explicit.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not overly important of a point, but there was a full season I was inactive due to life circumstances.
Barely checked in, let alone posted, if at all.

This group is what brought me back.
I was going to continue playing FF, I was going to continue to find folks to chat about it online.
I chose this group, just as it chose me, and that's why I came back.

Let's stick together and figure this shit out.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not overly important of a point, but there was a full season I was inactive due to life circumstances.
Barely checked in, let alone posted, if at all.

This group is what brought me back.
I was going to continue playing FF, I was going to continue to find folks to chat about it online.
I chose this group, just as it chose me, and that's why I came back.

Let's stick together and figure this shit out.
It's the Avi................it's always been the Avi. Even my kids love yer Avi.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you are coming from, but I also feel like that would get really messy.
I said it on the other thread and will say it here.
We need a constitution where the rules and expectations are clearly laid out. I do not think it is fair to hold people to a vague ethical standard that they were never aware of. We can agree that there are exceptions that can and should cause a compelling oblivion vote this year, but again the expectations must be communicated clearly, and up until now they haven't been.
After all, what I consider to be a douchy play might not appear that way to you or to others. We need to be more explicit.

That is exactly why I asked Joe if he could post the entire rules and regulation (assume it includes constitution and bi-laws as well) developed over the years by Wil and company for this league. In hindsight, had any of one of us taken the time to consult the historical rules/reg that founded the league, we would have become aware of the multiplier aspect. At that point, I really don't think a lot of what was said, would have been. I'm sure there are other nuggets that we all need to read and understand as well.

Agree, once the rules/regs are published, then there should be no further issues determining if someone should be 'banned' or 'suspended' or whatever. I do think, however, there are certain aspects that that are clearly douche-bag and any experienced owners knows they are - reputable ones do not seek to stretch them, others will.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many originals are in this league anymore??

what I would be careful with is the whole weighted vote thing... I understand the purpose of it, but you do want to make sure every member feels heard... What I would recommend is instead of having a weighted vote is to have a committee that decides whether or not we should debate on a rule change or potential vote... If it goes past them, then all votes should be equal...

So lets say I propose that we should change to a PPR league, that proposal goes to the committee, and the committee votes on whether or not it should be a potential rule change voted by ALL the members...

Maybe make the committee 5 members, 4 originals and one from the newer class...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many originals are in this league anymore??

Me, TREFF, Joe, Lefty,Foot and Ram I think, but if we count the originals from both A and B, you're talking quite a few. Tlance, Monkey,Bandit,TKO, Barilko and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

EDIT: Shit Milk, weren't you in the original B?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, TREFF, Joe, Lefty,Foot and Ram I think, but if we count the originals from both A and B, you're talking quite a few. Tlance, Monkey,Bandit,TKO, Barilko and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I think so, was B the first SportsHoopla year, or was it still a CBS thing?? I joined the first SportsHoopla season...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the originals

Screenshot%20-%2012_27_2016%20%201_07_50%20PM.png

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the other things I would suggest in the future is making it one thread for all the levels of the MBBRL league. That way everyone is talking to everyone else and not just paying attention to their own level.

Obx that was a very well written and thought out post and I just wanted to note something from what you said. The main Message Board Braggin' Rights League thread is for all leagues MBBRL related. The corresponding threads for each individual league (the B league, the Suicide leagues, the Coma leagues, the dynasty leagues) were started so people in those leagues could discuss trades and talk trash and such to other members of just their league, but the main board is not just an "A" league board, it is supposed to be for everyone involved in any MBBRL league. I think it's become a misconception that it is only an A league board because that is the thread that the A league uses mainly during the season, but every single member of the MBBRL should have this page as one of their watched threads:

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Any rules issues, lineup issues, recaps, standings, or anything that affects the entire MBBRL will always be on that thread.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit I left out Fuzzy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter much, but I think we lost DUB in the transition from the old site to the Hoop, and I took his A league spot.

Not exactly 100% sure of that, but I think these last 2 season were my first 2 years in the B league.
Again, doesn't have any importance, just thinking back on yesteryear and previous fantasy league fun times.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit I left out Fuzzy

Ram was definitely an original B leaguer. I do not remember everybody from that season, but I remember playing against Ram and Barilko.

I especially remember Barilko because he took over a drone team, then capitalized on perhaps my biggest MBBRL mistake ever. I drafted Alfred Morris in the last round, held him for a few days and then dropped him for somebody else the morning before the first game started. Literally minutes after I dropped him, he was announced as the Redskins starting RB. Up until that moment, the assumptions had been Roy Helu with Morris 3rd on the depth chart.

Barilko swooped in and nabbed Morris off waivers. Still kind of mad about that!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While this is true, it's not the original league. The original league was 2011 on CBS with Dub winning the championship and then in 2012 there was an A league won by Fuzzy and a B league won by Tlance. From what I can put together talking to Lefty, here is the list of when all of the current 22 MBBRL leaguers came in:

2011 (original league on CBS) (6 years)

@leftypower
@TREFF
@The Foot
@averagejoe
@Sam Sportboy
@TKOSpikes
@Yellow Fuzzies

2012 (A and B leagues on CBS) (5 years)

@SmokingMonkey
@Ram Tough
@tlance
@Barilko

2013 (B league) (4 years)

@canesandfinsfanatic
@MilkSpiller22
@Chef99
@HaroldSeattle

2014 (B league) (3 years)

@SteelersPride
@broncosmitty
@SoShady
@bksballer89
@obxyankeefan
@Trudem

2015 (B league) (2 years)

@FaCe-LeE-uS

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is true, it's not the original league. The original league was 2011 on CBS with Dub winning the championship and then in 2012 there was an A league won by Fuzzy and a B league won by Tlance. From what I can put together talking to Lefty, here is the list of when all of the current 22 MBBRL leaguers came in:

2011 (original league on CBS) (6 years)

@leftypower
@TREFF
@The Foot
@averagejoe
@Sam Sportboy
@TKOSpikes
@Yellow Fuzzies

2012 (A and B leagues on CBS) (5 years)

@SmokingMonkey
@Ram Tough
@tlance
@Barilko

2013 (B league) (4 years)

@canesandfinsfanatic
@MilkSpiller22
@Chef99
@HaroldSeattle

2014 (B league) (3 years)

@SteelersPride
@broncosmitty
@SoShady
@bksballer89
@obxyankeefan
@Trudem

2015 (B league) (2 years)

@FaCe-LeE-uS

It should be noted though, that Foot took at least 1 and perhaps 2 seasons off when we moved to SportsHoopla.

Also, I may be wrong, but I think TKO joined the A league in year 2, but did not play in year 1.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be noted though, that Foot took at least 1 and perhaps 2 seasons off when we moved to SportsHoopla.

Also, I may be wrong, but I think TKO joined the A league in year 2, but did not play in year 1.
I don't recall Footy missing a season. He lost the "loser leaves town" bet with me, but I never wanted him to leave in the first place, just be humbled a little, so he kept going, but I could be mistaken...now, he did take last year off...even though he was still present, but that's a different story.

I do think your right on TKO..he himself stated he was put on the list for the league while we were already going.

Ahh, the Good old days, when we had people banging down the doors to get in..

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct... I'm neither an original, nor a result of expansion.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter much, but I think we lost DUB in the transition from the old site to the Hoop, and I took his A league spot.

Not exactly 100% sure of that, but I think these last 2 season were my first 2 years in the B league.
Again, doesn't have any importance, just thinking back on yesteryear and previous fantasy league fun times.
No, DUB made it here...............then he left. Played in the MBBRL Baseball for one season too.