• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disturbance in the Force

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
You may be:
-a Bronco hater
-a Nebraska fan
-and a Trump supporter

But I still love you man.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
You may be:
-a Bronco hater
-a Nebraska fan
-and a Trump supporter

But I still love you man.
Oh dear Lord, let's not let politics cloud the issues ;) but just to clarify, I'm simply a "R", and he happened to be the guy who lined up better than the other option with my world views..many many things I don't support about him..just to be clear, :suds:.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I appreciate the kind words, and @Sam Sportboy of course there's a chance, there's far too much time and effort invested to just walk away, besides, leaving and forcing you all to pick up the pieces is kind of a dick move. But something has to change. And yes, Shady, is, was, always has been a very strong poster, that's why I nominated him in the first place. it's not about his posting is about the way a guy who, in his league, calls people out for not managing their team's night and day, threatens to adjust lineups without their consent, and then here in ours, leaves a spot empty on purpose saying nothing he could do about it. Dude, your in a league with Foot, Bar, Harold and Sam, there was a trade to be made, guarantee it. Besides, we all build a team with byes in mind, if you've got a week coming up where 6 dudes are in bye, maybe don't stash a player in IR??? ..there was plenty that could've been done. But.. contrary to what he got out of what I said, I'm not laying this at his feet. His was just one incident in the big picture (it just happens to be the one that started the feeling of "WTF is happening to this league"). This isn't his fault by any means, that's just one example of what's starting to happen, and it's what's starting to happen that has me worried, not Shady or even Micro, not alone anyways. Is impossible to out all of this into just Shady or Micro, or just the expansion, or just the board activity..it's the collective of all of it, and the feeling of "meh, whatever, no big deal to me" that a lot of various members respond with when those issues are brought up.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I not supposed to check in on a thread labeled "disturbance in the force"?

Look, here's my thing, and I've discussed this with a few others as well, the shine has worn off the way the league has been run. As the commish I have to shoulder the blame there, no doubts. I allowed the malaise to set in in the first place, I shouldn't be so surprised that is taken hold over so many. But having said that, it almost feels like we'd have to blow the whole thing up, minus the infrastructure it was built on, and start anew with peeps that are actually excited, , honored, whatever term you'd like to use, to be in.
When we nominated EHB, Fedorov, Richig, creep...their responses were genuine, interested, and basically a variety of "wow, they actually picked me"..those are the guys that we have a shot at keeping things going with, and if there's not enough of those types of guys on the hoop for more than 1 league, than so be it. If there's enough for 2, great. But I know that the 24 we have, there's half a dozen or so that don't share that feeling of excitement for this.
We've gotten far too loose in our own respect for the league as well. Activity on the board was assumed, so I assumed everyone was well aware of what Shady and Micro had been doing, I didn't realize a council of geniuses needed to be convened in order to spread the word. The topics were definitely discussed, in public, on the boards we're all supposed to be active on. I take the blame for being too assumptive and allowing that to happen, but we all should've been aware on our own as well.

When Will left, we all felt the loss no doubts,but because we had such a strong foundation, I don't think anyone was worried the league would fall anytime soon. I think it's mighty telling that now that I'm the one leaving, the sky will surely fall. Will was 3x the commish I am, so it's not my absence that's got you worried..it's the foundation that's started to crumble, and if your of the mind the league might fail to exist if I quit, than wether you admit or not, you too can see the cracks.
It needs to be rebuilt, and seeing as I was the head during the of the lack of maintenence on it, I do not feel as though I should be leading the way to try and fix it. I've already failed at enough letting it get that way.
If you all want this thing to continue, you need a new commish first and foremost, and if you still want me in, I will do whatever I can to help. But I cannot willingly stay in at its current state.

I can accept a disagreement on any player you want to throw at me.... but you being a failed commish? Not a freakin chance my friend! That, I will not accept. You are flat out wrong.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I appreciate the kind words, and @Sam Sportboy of course there's a chance, there's far too much time and effort invested to just walk away, besides, leaving and forcing you all to pick up the pieces is kind of a dick move. But something has to change. And yes, Shady, is, was, always has been a very strong poster, that's why I nominated him in the first place. it's not about his posting is about the way a guy who, in his league, calls people out for not managing their team's night and day, threatens to adjust lineups without their consent, and then here in ours, leaves a spot empty on purpose saying nothing he could do about it. Dude, your in a league with Foot, Bar, Harold and Sam, there was a trade to be made, guarantee it. Besides, we all build a team with byes in mind, if you've got a week coming up where 6 dudes are in bye, maybe don't stash a player in IR??? ..there was plenty that could've been done. But.. contrary to what he got out of what I said, I'm not laying this at his feet. His was just one incident in the big picture (it just happens to be the one that started the feeling of "WTF is happening to this league"). This isn't his fault by any means, that's just one example of what's starting to happen, and it's what's starting to happen that has me worried, not Shady or even Micro, not alone anyways. Is impossible to out all of this into just Shady or Micro, or just the expansion, or just the board activity..it's the collective of all of it, and the feeling of "meh, whatever, no big deal to me" that a lot of various members respond with when those issues are brought up.

Agreed.

The only reason I didn't harp on Ram too, was because of his new baby... but still, made a transaction the morning of our game but left the Bengals bye DST in... so that had me scratching too. Like, I said though, different circumstances.

I think you were looking for your worries to be backed up by us, and we failed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made a check on number of posts per year in the MBBRL thread.

2013 2393 However posts didn't start until April 21

2014 2878 posts

2015 3148 posts

2016 3139 posts and counting

These numbers are just raw totals, not broken up by # of posters, # of post by each, etc. However overall the league is holding steady as far as over all volume goes. and actual a nice increase from 2014 season.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treff, you and a few others in this league are so much more articulate than I am, so I do tend to sit back and let others opinions speak for me. In this case, this league needs you in it (there are a number of y'all that need to be in this league for it to be what it is and can be.) I accepted the invitation to this league at a time in my life when I did not have enough time to devote to FF. In the 3 years that I have been in MBBRL, my life outside of here has changed enough that I now have the time to spend the needed amount to be a member of this league. The only area that I think you failed as a commish is letting all the votes be democratic votes instead of weighted votes. Reading what @wilwhite wrote about the original rules, a weighted vote is needed to imporve this league in the future. One of the other things I would suggest in the future is making it one thread for all the levels of the MBBRL league. That way everyone is talking to everyone else and not just paying attention to their own level.

Speaking about a couple of the other owners/issues going on in the past week. @SoShady took over a bad team mid season three years ago and promptly turned it into a legit team. He did something I relate to not drafting a K, this past season and while I don't care for the move I didn't know it was illegal at the time either. @MilkSpiller22 is different than the rest of us and wants to tinker with everything, sometimes this is annoying (changing the rules in here) but sometimes his ideas are good (Bust league). Micro I will choose to leave this alone.

This is one of the longest posts y'all will see out of me, because I am not a public speaker type. But all in all what I am saying is @TREFF you are very much wanted and needed in any MBBRL leagues. If you don't want to be commish anymore, that is understandable but just so you know under your leadership I for one have grown as a FF player. So thank you for your service to this league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made a check on number of posts per year in the MBBRL thread.

2013 2393 However posts didn't start until April 21

2014 2878 posts

2015 3148 posts

2016 3139 posts and counting

These numbers are just raw totals, not broken up by # of posters, # of post by each, etc. However overall the league is holding steady as far as over all volume goes. and actual a nice increase from 2014 season.

Barbarian thread on the other hand has had a steep decline this year.

2013 971
2014 3345
2015 2205

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff, you and a few others in this league are so much more articulate than I am, so I do tend to sit back and let others opinions speak for me. In this case, this league needs you in it (there are a number of y'all that need to be in this league for it to be what it is and can be.) I accepted the invitation to this league at a time in my life when I did not have enough time to devote to FF. In the 3 years that I have been in MBBRL, my life outside of here has changed enough that I now have the time to spend the needed amount to be a member of this league. The only area that I think you failed as a commish is letting all the votes be democratic votes instead of weighted votes. Reading what @wilwhite wrote about the original rules, a weighted vote is needed to imporve this league in the future. One of the other things I would suggest in the future is making it one thread for all the levels of the MBBRL league. That way everyone is talking to everyone else and not just paying attention to their own level.

Speaking about a couple of the other owners/issues going on in the past week. @SoShady took over a bad team mid season three years ago and promptly turned it into a legit team. He did something I relate to not drafting a K, this past season and while I don't care for the move I didn't know it was illegal at the time either. @MilkSpiller22 is different than the rest of us and wants to tinker with everything, sometimes this is annoying (changing the rules in here) but sometimes his ideas are good (Bust league). Micro I will choose to leave this alone.

This is one of the longest posts y'all will see out of me, because I am not a public speaker type. But all in all what I am saying is @TREFF you are very much wanted and needed in any MBBRL leagues. If you don't want to be commish anymore, that is understandable but just so you know under your leadership I for one have grown as a FF player. So thank you for your service to this league.
To be honest, I %100 forgot about the weighted votes deal, never even entered my mind, had it, they would have been

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we are going to do this in the public forum of MBBRL?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are going to do this in the public forum of MBBRL?
Considering it affects everyone why not? Besides, we already have, extensively, the week that it happened, where were you?
If you don't realize or admit it was a shady move, not in keeping with the spirit of the league, we have nothing to talk about. If you do admit it, we have nothing to talk about and we'll move forward. Either way, we have nothing to talk about and we're moving forward

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@obxyankeefan
For a guy who doesn't claim to be a wordsmith, just want to say that your post was a thing of beauty.
No kidding. I agree 100% with every word.

200.gif

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering it affects everyone why not? Besides, we already have, extensively, the week that it happened, where were you?
If you don't realize or admit it was a shady move, not in keeping with the spirit of the league, we have nothing to talk about. If you do admit it, we have nothing to talk about and we'll move forward. Either way, we have nothing to talk about and we're moving forward

What does my money league have to do with anything in MBBRL? You keep putting my name in your mouth for some reason. But funny how you didn't link my name to the A thread back in week 9 when you were putting me on blast. I didn't even know that conversation had happened until another MBBRL member told me today. I had to go searching back to page 500 and page through to even find it. If my strategy was that big of an issue any MBBRL A or B member could have sent me a message telling me it's not the way we want to do things. Please fix it and it would have been done. But that never happened. Even had guys saying they didn't see a issue with it. But to keep me in the dark then put me on blast as a reason you quit? Like you decide who I can and can't have on my roster. I didn't even WW stash Lewis I drafted him and had him all season. After we had our falling out I was fine not talking the 7 months we had gone. Just remember you were the one who offered up the olive branch. You leave you stay I don't care. I don't want this drama of you staying or leaving on me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is going on all of a sudden? "Disturbance in the Force" is an apt title. @TREFF , you already know I don't want you leaving, and I think you were a fine commish.

As far as anything else goes, I'll wait and see what happens.

Enough is enough, Baseball beckons. @TKOSpikes , we have 5 days to finalize our keepers; I made you an offer. If you feel like doing something, lemme know.

And @averagejoe : Excellent detective work, sir! :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does my money league have to do with anything in MBBRL? You keep putting my name in your mouth for some reason. But funny how you didn't link my name to the A thread back in week 9 when you were putting me on blast. I didn't even know that conversation had happened until another MBBRL member told me today. I had to go searching back to page 500 and page through to even find it. If my strategy was that big of an issue any MBBRL A or B member could have sent me a message telling me it's not the way we want to do things. Please fix it and it would have been done. But that never happened. Even had guys saying they didn't see a issue with it. But to keep me in the dark then put me on blast as a reason you quit? Like you decide who I can and can't have on my roster. I didn't even WW stash Lewis I drafted him and had him all season. After we had our falling out I was fine not talking the 7 months we had gone. Just remember you were the one who offered up the olive branch. You leave you stay I don't care. I don't want this drama of you staying or leaving on me.
Well if you'd read anything other than the parts that had your name on it, you'd know that's not what I'm doing, just 3 posts ago I explained that I'm not putting it at your feet, you're only mentioned because you and that one incident are a part of it, not in any way all of it.

As to why I didn't tag you, pretty simple. we discussed it, we determined that while yes it was Shady, it wasn't technically against any rules we had written down so the decision was made to not do anything other than make a rule for next season forbidding that stuff. So since there was no action to be taken, no reason for you to defend yourself, why bother bringing you in on it? We all could see the transaction log, your roster, everything was right there, including the obvious reasonwhy you felt you had to do it..why bring you in to have yet another loud voice, when all we were trying to determine was wether it was explicitly wrong or just kinda wrong. The only reason it's coming up now is that's its just one more thing to add to the list of things happening that shouldn't be.
If you only care about the parts that apply to you, that's perfectly fine. But try and get over yourself, this whole thing is a helluvalot bigger than whether you played a Defense one week or not.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this dialogue is helping.
Especially if it was settled.

I think another lesson we can take away from all of this is that the league needs to be more involved as a whole (as in everyone) so this doesn't fall at the feet of a select few.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill admit i wasn't as active a second I wanted to be this season. This semester of school kicked my ass, I changed jobs and had two deaths in the family but I know I will do better next year plus I get so much enjoyment out of this community I won't be leaving in the offseason. You guys help the offseason pass by much more easily.