• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Luck make a mistake?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant speak for UGA fans, but I CAN speak for Ohio State fans, which has an even higher pedigree, I know as close friends probably 20 OSU fans, out of that 20 there is ONE guy who wants every coach fired after every loss, he expects national titles EVERY year in basketball and football, the other 19 expect a winning season, a bowl or a trip to the NCAA, are happy after each win, and sad after each loss. There are articles in the paper right now calling for Matta's head, but some others saying he is a great coach. What you do not get is that the job of a news reporter is to sell papers or get eyes on the TV screen, they will stir the pot as much as they can to get interest and feedback.
Secondly, what championship do you speak about? I think every fan of every team hopes to compete in their league, and many do indeed cheer for a conference title, that is why you compete, to win!!!! To view a pretend popularity competition as the measure of success is what is moronic, to put stock in it is pure folly. Just think, had Baylor managed to beat WVU, Alabama, not OSU would likely be the "champion" this year...........:wtf2: kind of way to determine the best team is swayed that much by one game midway through the season? There are nutjob fans for every team, including ours, we have guys here arguing that ten win a year coaches are failures, yet standing firmly behind Holgorsen............

Not sure why you mention this in the manner you have. Your point is supportive of the stance taken by slaton… a stance I have attempted to support in this thread.

Who cares if there are nut jobs who call for a coach to be fired whenever their favorite team loses? That is not the point.

slaton said to you that the AD's job was beyond that of w/l records? In examples he cited, UGA and OU have fans who expect their team to compete for NC's. There has been no movement at these two schools.

The sportswriters who's articles I referenced spoke of the fans' expectations for NC's.

UofM fired a couple of HC's for not meeting the AD's expectations in the last 7 years. Nebraska fired a HC who's record was similar to our boy Billy. Bo was not meeting the AD's expectations.

The AD's expectations and that of the fan base are two separate issues.

I fail to understand why anyone is still arguing it…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you mention this in the manner you have. Your point is supportive of the stance taken by slaton… a stance I have attempted to support in this thread.

Who cares if there are nut jobs who call for a coach to be fired whenever their favorite team loses? That is not the point.

slaton said to you that the AD's job was beyond that of w/l records? In examples he cited, UGA and OU have fans who expect their team to compete for NC's. There has been no movement at these two schools.

The sportswriters who's articles I referenced spoke of the fans' expectations for NC's.

UofM fired a couple of HC's for not meeting the AD's expectations in the last 7 years. Nebraska fired a HC who's record was similar to our boy Billy. Bo was not meeting the AD's expectations.

The AD's expectations and that of the fan base are two separate issues.

I fail to understand why anyone is still arguing it…

You make less sense all the time, you and Slaton assert that most fans at UGA and OU view richt and stoops as failures, I and others called bs, then you post nonsense like this. Most fans are reasonable people as DBAR and I pointed out.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make less sense all the time, you and Slaton assert that most fans at UGA and OU view richt and stoops as failures, I and others called bs, then you post nonsense like this. Most fans are reasonable people as DBAR and I pointed out.

You are absolutely right. Both you and DBAR called me out on my BS.

However, I never made a point about reasonable fans.

I repeatedly stated that the average fan of OU and UGA expect their teams to compete for NC's.

I never said their reasonable fans felt the current coaches were failures.

Sorry if you feel my point is confusing to you. I've tried very hard to keep things as simple as I could for you to understand.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely right. Both you and DBAR called me out on my BS.

However, I never made a point about reasonable fans.

I repeatedly stated that the average fan of OU and UGA expect their teams to compete for NC's.

I never said their reasonable fans felt the current coaches were failures.

Sorry if you feel my point is confusing to you. I've tried very hard to keep things as simple as I could for you to understand.
There is no understanding your posts, one post says that nine wins is a complete failure, the next post says four wins is understandable, the next says a loss to colorado is worthy of firing a coach, the next says a loss to kansas is showing progress, then we come full circle to ten win coaches being failures. Pure nonsense.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no understanding your posts, one post says that nine wins is a complete failure, the next post says four wins is understandable, the next says a loss to colorado is worthy of firing a coach, the next says a loss to kansas is showing progress, then we come full circle to ten win coaches being failures. Pure nonsense.

:wtf2:

:lame:

I guess there is no way to have an intelligent conversation with you. I won't respond any further to you on this subject... nor address all of the points you've made which are false accusations.

Beyond absurd...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

:lame:

I guess there is no way to have an intelligent conversation with you. I won't respond any further to you on this subject... nor address all of the points you've made which are false accusations.

Beyond absurd...

Just once, PLEASE stick to your word, you say over and again you arent going to respond anymore, but every time, your nonsense keeps right on showing up..............you are the one who is constantly off topic, swinging opinions wildly in a lame attempt to belittle me that does nothing but show how far you go to disagree with me. you argue both sides of every argument, you call names when you get called out on it, PLEASE do stop responding to me, as all you do is show what your true colors when each word is a contradiction of the previous one, sad sad man.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:focus:

I am not even going to bother to read the menutia...wasn't this thread about whether Luck made a mistake or not??

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:focus:

I am not even going to bother to read the menutia...wasn't this thread about whether Luck made a mistake or not??

No... it was about your comments that Luck should have been fired after Dana's team went 4-8 two season's ago...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... it was about your comments that Luck should have been fired after Dana's team went 4-8 two season's ago...

Got it!...LOL!..yeah what was Wv thinking!...if that is the barometer..KING EDDIE P should have been fired a dozen times during his reign!