• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

decision should come end of next week

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update to update:

And the saga continues ...

It appears there are still players' stories/hearings to be conducted ... still after 6-7 weeks! Below is an article about Keivarae Russell and his latest stupid move. He didn't make any points for himself by 'calling out' the school and then making his asinine comment about getting a degree. I really do not understand the mindset of these athletes these days. I'm sorry, but if I know that I'm under investigation for an offense that could end my college days, the last thing I'm gonna do is act and say arrogant things while a final decision is yet to be made on my fate. Moron!

KeiVarae Russell -- Notre Dame 'becoming ridiculous' - ESPN

Russell posted a photo of himself from an August preseason practice Wednesday night with another message, saying "Just think about how mad these people are going to be when they realize they couldn't hold me down. When all my dreams still become fulfilled. When I use them for a degree. When I come back and dominate the NCAA. Just think..."

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a plot for another ND movie. Faculty vs. athletics, good vs. evil, murder, r*pe, drugs , we're just at the tip of the iceberg..... They're just debating who will play who on the big screen . Just get this fricking thing done. I want Kevin Hart to play the pissed off wide receiver. Jack Nicholson to play Swarbrick. Too much drama.

FIFY :D

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It appears there are still players' stories/hearings to be conducted ... still after 6-7 weeks! Below is an article about Keivarae Russell and his latest stupid move. He didn't make any points for himself by 'calling out' the school and then making his asinine comment about getting a degree. I really do not understand the mindset of these athletes these days. I'm sorry, but if I know that I'm under investigation for an offense that could end my college days, the last thing I'm gonna do is act and say arrogant things while a final decision is yet to be made on my fate. Moron!

Good for him, the timeline has been a joke.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Russell said and has every right to voice his displeasure. (we all are voicing it) However, he should wait until the entire damn thing is concluded. The way he talks he thinks he is innocent and I hope all players are in fact innocent. This will probably be dragged out even longer especially if the University couldn't find substantial evidence and the way to punish these players is to make the process go on so they sit more games. This is soooo stupid and am glad it doesn't seem to effect the players that are suiting up every saturday

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking good for these. guys. longer it takes better for the players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i disagree. this was a great move. time to put pressure on the school. these players suffered enough if they are innocent. good for him. freedom of speech and im k with it. only way this is a bad move if he is lying.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd cut him some slack. He's frustrated. I think the fan base is frustrated. The problem is, nobody knows what the end result is going to be, and if these guys, individually or collectivelly are guilty or innocent. I would be irate if the school held what he said publicaly against him, he should be judged on the facts. I also believe that they shouldn't be "pressured" by any of the players, their parents, the media, or even Kelly to break protocol on the process for the sake of speeding things up. They promised that they would let the process play out, nothing more, nothing less, and that is exactly what they are doing. As a fan, I wish it would be over now, and if there is no legitimate reason for it taking this long, which in time we may find out was the case, then someone needs to be accountable. There may very well be legitimate reasons for the process taking as much time as it does and it would be foolish to speculate otherwise. If Russell really did F up though, he's gonna sound foolish though. But he seems like a decent kid. When they covered him on the prior Onward Notre Dame series, he had an interesting life story and seems like a decent, hard working kid.

Its just unfortunate that the process, regardless of guilt or innocence, will cause them to miss upwards of half the season, because they just couldn't risk playing potentially ineligible players, but that was likely the best of a no-win situation.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we at least get 2 of the players back. I think we get Daniels and Russell back. Both sound like they did nothing wrong unless they are lying to the public and then that will make them lose worse. If they did mess up just admit and move on like Golson did.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just didn't like the whole 'putting it out on twitter' thing before the process played out, AND the stupid comment he made about "using them for a degree". I mean, seriously ... WTF is that all about?

These guys are 'instructed' to keep their mouths shut while the process plays out and he goes and spouts this kinda BS. That's where I'm coming from. Ok ... you're frustrated ... got it ... but don't poke the bear and make 'inflammatory' comments to the fng world while a decision is still pending. It's just not a smart play IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just didn't like the whole 'putting it out on twitter' thing before the process played out, AND the stupid comment he made about "using them for a degree". I mean, seriously ... WTF is that all about?

These guys are 'instructed' to keep their mouths shut while the process plays out and he goes and spouts this kinda BS. That's where I'm coming from. Ok ... you're frustrated ... got it ... but don't poke the bear and make 'inflammatory' comments to the fng world while a decision is still pending. It's just not a smart play IMO.

It might not been a smart play but u don't know what he is going through. He was done with his process and maybe he was tired of being quite and people saying something so he came out and defended himself finally.

Im ok with it. AGAIN if he is telling the truth. This kid is missing games for no reason and hurting his draft stock because of this mess. IF he didn't do anything wrong the school really messed up. Now if he did do something wrong he will look really stupid and in the end he might not get that degree now.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not been a smart play but u don't know what he is going through. He was done with his process and maybe he was tired of being quite and people saying something so he came out and defended himself finally.

Im ok with it. AGAIN if he is telling the truth. This kid is missing games for no reason and hurting his draft stock because of this mess. IF he didn't do anything wrong the school really messed up. Now if he did do something wrong he will look really stupid and in the end he might not get that degree now.

And again I'll say I understand his frustration ... totally. But if you read the article, the WHOLE process is yet to be played out as more hearings with the other players are still to be conducted. Yes, this sux, and it has drug out but for him to be making stupid comments like he has is just plain dumb and counter-productive to his case. What does he actually expect to gain by making comments like that?

I could give a rat's ass about his freakin draft stock as he is only a junior and he's got plenty of time to worry about that, so .... meh.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again I'll say I understand his frustration ... totally. But if you read the article, the WHOLE process is yet to be played out as more hearings with the other players are still to be conducted. Yes, this sux, and it has drug out but for him to be making stupid comments like he has is just plain dumb and counter-productive to his case. What does he actually expect to gain by making comments like that?

I could give a rat's ass about his freakin draft stock as he is only a junior and he's got plenty of time to worry about that, so .... meh.

I was talking about how he might feel. Overall Im ok with it if he is telling the truth.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did two players have their final hearings yesterday? Haven't heard a damn word on them. The other three are today

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, some had their hearings yesterday and the rest are sposed to be finished up today. After that, who knows how long it'll take for them to reach a 'final decision'.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the end of the week is here and still nothing, this process is a joke.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest update: Announcement(s) this week ...

Here's the latest.

Hearings on all are complete and final decision(s) and 'announcements' will take place this week.

ND Officials state that any punishments doled out will not be announced as those are considered private matters, however, the affected student-athletes are free to make their own personal disclosures/announcements. I dunno ... it sounds like there may be some culpability here with the way the officials mentioned 'punishments'. No clue, dudes ... yall figure it out. :noidea:

Notre Dame won't disclose rulings for 5 suspended players - Chicago Tribune

https://twitter.com/ObserverNDSMC

Notre Dame Investigation: Latest Details, Analysis and Updates | Bleacher Report

Hearings for those withheld from football were completed on Friday. Decisions will be communicated individually to affected student-athletes and other students alike, as deliberations on each case conclude. As with other student academic records, the results of the review are confidential, and the University will not disclose them, although affected students may if they so choose. If it is determined that student-athletes would have been ineligible during past competition, Notre Dame will voluntarily impose appropriate sanctions, report our findings to the NCAA, and await its independent review.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish it could be safe to assume whoever doesn't play on Saturday is found guilty and whoever plays got cleared. Wish it was that simple but who the hell knows

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest.

Hearings on all are complete and final decision(s) and 'announcements' will take place this week.

ND Officials state that any punishments doled out will not be announced as those are considered private matters, however, the affected student-athletes are free to make their own personal disclosures/announcements. I dunno ... it sounds like there may be some culpability here with the way the officials mentioned 'punishments'. No clue, dudes ... yall figure it out. :noidea:

Notre Dame won't disclose rulings for 5 suspended players - Chicago Tribune

https://twitter.com/ObserverNDSMC

Notre Dame Investigation: Latest Details, Analysis and Updates | Bleacher Report

I didn't see the word "punishment" anywhere in the statement you quoted. They did say the results of the review would be confidential, so presumably whatever sanction, or no sanction, will not be disclosed. The key word is "if" any were deemed ineligible, the school will self-impose and report to NCAA for further review, which is nothing but a reiteration of what Jenkins said in the press conference what, six weeks ago now? I think the school is appearing proactive to the NCAA but if this is a purely academic matter, it doesn't seem likely that it will be an NCAA issue. All comes down to whether the helper qualifies as an "extra benefit". With the NCAA having rules on snacks for Christ's sake, who knows.