• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

decision should come end of next week

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that we should know the fate of the 5 suspended players at the end of next week. Suspended or not I am just glad a decision will be made

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew the investigation would be the quick part? :noidea:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a joke. They just formed the group on Friday. Investigation was done like 4 weeks ago. Sad sad day. Jack screwed this one up. Imagine these kids are innocent, ND better watch out for a lawsuit.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't have taken this long.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a joke. They just formed the group on Friday. Investigation was done like 4 weeks ago. Sad sad day. Jack screwed this one up. Imagine these kids are innocent, ND better watch out for a lawsuit.

I think if they were innocent, you'd be hearing a lot of screaming from them and their families. I think their silence is a sign that they know they are guilty, and are just hoping for the best.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels did a little screaming but I haven't heard much in a while.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we at least get 1-2 players back.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels spoke out to ESPN, confirming what a shit show the investigation has been.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and we'll all just continue to kinda hold our breath .... :happyshake:

I just have had a pretty bad feeling about this all along, and the longer this has taken has pretty much substantiated that 'feeling'.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See longer it takes I think it helps the players. IF it was clear they would of came right out and said it.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See longer it takes I think it helps the players. IF it was clear they would of came right out and said it.

If that's really true, then it's pretty embarrassing that it's taken this long to get to this point. Pure speculation on my part, but this is just more territorial pissing between the academic side and the athletics dept. The faculty wants to put the athletic dept. in it's place and is controlling the process in a very deliberate way. If my assumption is true, then that is the real reason why ND has suffered as a program the past 20 years. The university faculty sees it as on par with the ivies, and the football program is just a commodity to be monetized, built on its winning history. Problem is, the winning formula is to recognize that ND football excellence is as much a part of the lore of the university as it's rigorous academics. They should compliment one another, not be at odds. That's not a plea for lienience or special treatment if the Honor Code was violated, but until the schools administrators wise up to the fact that football has special relevance to the school, they risk slipping further away from their winning history.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's really true, then it's pretty embarrassing that it's taken this long to get to this point. Pure speculation on my part, but this is just more territorial pissing between the academic side and the athletics dept. The faculty wants to put the athletic dept. in it's place and is controlling the process in a very deliberate way. If my assumption is true, then that is the real reason why ND has suffered as a program the past 20 years. The university faculty sees it as on par with the ivies, and the football program is just a commodity to be monetized, built on its winning history. Problem is, the winning formula is to recognize that ND football excellence is as much a part of the lore of the university as it's rigorous academics. They should compliment one another, not be at odds. That's not a plea for lienience or special treatment if the Honor Code was violated, but until the schools administrators wise up to the fact that football has special relevance to the school, they risk slipping further away from their winning history.
I'm not totally sure if the academic faculty is at odds with AD. 7478 would prolly know that one better than I. I would hope that they wouldn't be to the extent that you're talking about, but who knows. :noidea:

Bottom line, though, is that this has drug out for an absurd amount of time and just wish they'd announce the final decision.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the academic faculty really believes these guys were cheating but can't exactly prove it so they have been dragging their feet to keep them out of some games so they can give them some form of a punishment they feel they deserve.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't think any of the school administrators fail to understand the relevance of football to Notre Dame. Jenkins went to ND, Swarbrick went to ND, much of the faculty went to ND. I think they all understand our history and don't necessarily look at the Ivies as much as they look to Duke and Stanford as teams that can be great at academics as well as athletics. I think some are trying to turn this into a B grade movie plot where it comes down to the teachers versus the coaches or athletes. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything that would make me think that is the case.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the academic faculty really believes these guys were cheating but can't exactly prove it so they have been dragging their feet to keep them out of some games so they can give them some form of a punishment they feel they deserve.

I agree. I think they just don't have enough proof or they are taking their time to get more proof. I just want it to end its suppose to come down on thursday. If it goes past thursday it will continue to be a joke and it might be time for kelly to step in. We have a 4-0 team here and we want closure on this.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a plot for another ND movie. Faculty vs. athletics, good vs. evil, murder, r*pe, drugs , we're just at the tip of the iceberg..... They're just debating who will play who on the big screen . Just get this fricking thing done. I want Tracy Morgan to play the pissed off wide receiver. Jack Nicholson to play Swarbrick. Too much drama.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a plot for another ND movie. Faculty vs. athletics, good vs. evil, murder, r*pe, drugs , we're just at the tip of the iceberg..... They're just debating who will play who on the big screen . Just get this fricking thing done. I want Tracy Morgan to play the pissed off wide receiver. Jack Nicholson to play Swarbrick. Too much drama.

ND's General Counsel: Mr. Swarbrick, did you tell the student assistant to help them with their papers?

JS: YOU'RE GOD DAMNED RIGHT I DID!!!

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it, we got the movie trailer.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it, we got the movie trailer.

They should cast the voice actor on The Simpsons that does the Roy Cohen impersonations as the general counsel. I'd say Lionel Hutz, but RIP Phil Hartman.