• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crayton on Sam

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely WHY He came out.

Media attention to increase his draft stock.

He was a 4th or 5th rounder at best .... ALL of his college production came in the 1st half of the 2013 college season. Nothing before that ..... Shut down after that ( Check the stats)

Now some team will draft him higher .... Just to sell Jerseys ..... and say we did it first .....

Somethings just are what they are .... and his agent may have just got him a better pay day

Just to add to this ... cause I can't edit....

Most knew he was gay anyway .... team mates and scouts ....
Total publicity stunt .......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think he announced this because he knew it would get him publicity. Seriously, how many people had him on there must draft radar before this? He is ranked 12th at his position, I think he could be a good player and his sexuality has nothing to do with it.

A Good season in College doesn't necessarily correspond to a good career in the NFL, but hopefully the Defensive Player of the year in the SEC with a bunch of sacks and tackles for loss was at least on every teams radar. Then again, does he have a quick twitch?

If anything this will cause his draft stock to fall. He said he came out because enough people knew and he figured that since everything comes out at the combine inerviews anyway it was better to come out and say it than to have people leaking it and have it come out as a rumor. Sounds like the truth to me, but who knows.

I think there are too many other options to take this kid early so I hope someone else grabs him, but if he is there as you start getting into the 5th round or so he looks like a good pick for a team that gets little pressure on the QB and is desperate for DL help. Hopefully someone else grabs him early because even though I have no problem with the kid I prefer reading about the Football stories than the non-Football stories for my team and don't want it to be the focus of every interview for the next 5 years...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Good season in College doesn't necessarily correspond to a good career in the NFL, but hopefully the Defensive Player of the year in the SEC with a bunch of sacks and tackles for loss was at least on every teams radar. Then again, does he have a quick twitch?

If anything this will cause his draft stock to fall. He said he came out because enough people knew and he figured that since everything comes out at the combine inerviews anyway it was better to come out and say it than to have people leaking it and have it come out as a rumor. Sounds like the truth to me, but who knows.

I think there are too many other options to take this kid early so I hope someone else grabs him, but if he is there as you start getting into the 5th round or so he looks like a good pick for a team that gets little pressure on the QB and is desperate for DL help. Hopefully someone else grabs him early because even though I have no problem with the kid I prefer reading about the Football stories than the non-Football stories for my team and don't want it to be the focus of every interview for the next 5 years...

Agree here. I think he came out because the flood of question's I that were he was going to be hit with. He probably came out to the team because he'd been caught and figured with the draft questiond and his 100 team mates all knowing it would be best to get it out there now. I don't see how this helps his draft. Im sure that if he didn't think he had to come out he would still be in the closet. I'd bet he'd rather play his whole NFL career in secret.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for once I am glad we switched to the 4-3. The scouts think he will be better as a OLB in a 3-4. I think his presence in the Cowboys lockerroom would be cancerous.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sam makes it to the 5th or 6th round I will be willing to grab the fag.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, a player who has had one good season in college could be a bust in the NFL, there have been bigger bust than Sam might or might not be for sure. I still think he did it for the publicity, he is now being sought out by big advertisers, his Twitter account has swelled to 80,000 followers and he is the talk of every media outlet. Could it hurt his draft status? Maybe, maybe not. I do know this, he's put a lot of pressure on NFL GMs. If they don't draft him they are bigots, if they do it's because they wanted the press, at least that's what many will say. I agree with you in that I hope he doesn't end up a Cowboy, this team has enough drama already.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt, what I meant by must draft radar is, he wasn't everyone's we got to have this guy. Sure he could be on the Radar if everyone else above him is gone, but I doubt he was anyone's first choice at defensive end. Also as twisted pointed out, he was only great for half a season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely WHY He came out.

Media attention to increase his draft stock.

He was a 4th or 5th rounder at best .... ALL of his college production came in the 1st half of the 2013 college season. Nothing before that ..... Shut down after that ( Check the stats)

Now some team will draft him higher .... Just to sell Jerseys ..... and say we did it first .....

Somethings just are what they are .... and his agent may have just got him a better pay day

he can and will claim that teams didn't take him earlier because of it. it is all political agenda

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can and will claim that teams didn't take him earlier because of it. it is all political agenda

If he falls past the 5th he can. I don't think there were too many team's out there thinking they must have him. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he was not on some boards prior to this. Remember the good part of his resume is what?; 6 games. I think he ends up in Seattle, but I think he's hoping for SF. Not being drafted may be the best thing for him. With the history of the NFL where he should be is with the Skids.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet goodell is going force an NFL team to draft him. Maybe he will have the owner draw straws to see has to draft him in the 7th round?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet goodell is going force an NFL team to draft him. Maybe he will have the owner draw straws to see has to draft him in the 7th round?

you are just ignorant .......

your post arent even shock value ....... just plain fucking ignorant

Grats you win an award ...... you are the dumbest poster on SportsHoopla

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a college wrestler has been suspended for something he said on twitter.

Amazing how athletes get fined or suspended for things they say on twitter at home.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a college wrestler has been suspended for something he said on twitter.

Amazing how athletes get fined or suspended for things they say on twitter at home.

I've been to jail for things I've said on a forum .... at home

welcome to the Obama era

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to jail for things I've said on a forum .... at home

welcome to the Obama era

you cant threaten a govt. officials especially the pres. or ppl will show up on your door. this has been this way long before Obama came around. LOL

I am talking sports demanding athletes be PC or else. these are two different subjects

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant threaten a govt. officials especially the pres. or ppl will show up on your door. this has been this way long before Obama came around. LOL

I am talking sports demanding athletes be PC or else. these are two different subjects

dude calm down ....

I threatened another poster ......

There is a reason I watch what I say now ..... and I only respond not start

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

welcome to a world where everyone knows what you say .... and most get offended

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude calm down ....

I threatened another poster ......

There is a reason I watch what I say now ..... and I only respond not start
I'm not upset. I was laughing when I read that. I assumed you threatened someone. Was picturing the Secret service knocking on your door LOL.

Point was threats & just saying non PC things are two different things.
I am a major race fan & there has been several fines over tweets when drivers are in private places. Not at the tracks. I just don't see how that makes sense. Whats next? Fines & suspensions for saying blonde jokes? LOL