• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Bears OFFICIAL Free Agency Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way things are coming together is great. I'm tired of the Bears being a second thought around the NFL. My hopes for this draft go HB QB. HB because I really don't think we have a legit starter and QB because this team will be good and getting better the next few years. We really need to start grooming Jays replacement. As much as I like the way Jay is playing now, he will be looking to retire as this team is peaking.

He's 32...

Most QB's play well into their late-30's, and the ones that don't do that, they almost never leave by their own choosing.

Lol. If the team doesn't peak for five or six years. Our last worries will be Jay. He will have been long gone with Fox and company, and have been playing for someone else.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like cutler, but if wentz falls to us, I think it's a no brainer.

Yeah, I agree... the thing is... he won't. QB's that start making the most noise this time of the year don't have to wait long until their name is called.

Big name school QB's generally are the highest on the board during the fall, and through the end of bowl season. However, once the season ends, and the combine starts. When teams start digging deep into options, and looking harder at those small school QB's. February and March is when their climb up the board starts heating up, and the bigger college names sometimes drop a tad.

Bortles would be a recent example of a guy who's stock sky rocketed from a mid-to-late round guy during his final college season, to being the first QB off the board. Then we've all seen the Brady Quinn's and Jimmy Clausen's of the world plummet from top 5-10 to end of the first or even second.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way I see it, is it does not matter if its Jay cutler or a gimp back there, the quarterback passing game will be better with a strong left tackle, so the entire offense should be better protecting the blind side of the QB. Now if we sign Mike Vick to back Jay up, the right side is a bigger deal, so we should feel good about Massie and Long.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree... the thing is... he won't. QB's that start making the most noise this time of the year don't have to wait long until their name is called.

Big name school QB's generally are the highest on the board during the fall, and through the end of bowl season. However, once the season ends, and the combine starts. When teams start digging deep into options, and looking harder at those small school QB's. February and March is when their climb up the board starts heating up, and the bigger college names sometimes drop a tad.

Bortles would be a recent example of a guy who's stock sky rocketed from a mid-to-late round guy during his final college season, to being the first QB off the board. Then we've all seen the Brady Quinn's and Jimmy Clausen's of the world plummet from top 5-10 to end of the first or even second.

Thats when you hope you have alot of faith in the guys mental fortitude if you draft a guy everyone projects in the first but falls to the second. Manziel was a head case in my opinion from the get go, but when he was not the first choice by cleveland, I think it sealed his fate as a fail there when he was not their first choice.

My hope is we get the LT, if some reason Weisz is still there late in the first, I hope Pace trades his second and one of these extra fifth or sixths to move up to show we wanted him. Taking a guy that will protect him before him is a sign you are worried about him.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Denvers Long snapper Aaron Brewer signed today to a one year deal. I think we had 4 last year that tried to replace Mannely.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears to trade Marty Bennett to the Patriots for late round pick. (swapping picks?)

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we give up a Bennett and a 6th, for a 4th.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we give up a Bennett and a 6th, for a 4th.
What's the feeling from the Bear fans on this? I know he can be an attitude problem but I like this move for the Pats.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the feeling from the Bear fans on this? I know he can be an attitude problem but I like this move for the Pats.
I posted my view on your team forum. I think you guys will like what you get.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you watch Martellus being the last guy getting to his spot during a hurry up offense, you will be even happier you have Gronk to play tight end in those situations. You have the people to fix it though, with BB and TB.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw NE signed Shea McClelin to a 3year deal. BB is going crazy.

Well, the first thing I heard is Shea will be most probably playing the OLB position, the position he played in college, the position he should have played in the NFL, the position that got him drafted. Bears tried to bulk him up into a 4-3 DE his first two years, when the change was made to the 3-4, they decided he needed to play inside. If BB plays him anywhere but OLB, you will probably be disappointed. I think you got more with Bostic.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats when you hope you have alot of faith in the guys mental fortitude if you draft a guy everyone projects in the first but falls to the second. Manziel was a head case in my opinion from the get go, #1 but when he was not the first choice by cleveland, I think it sealed his fate as a fail there when he was not their first choice.

My hope is we get the LT, if some reason Weisz is still there late in the first, #2 I hope Pace trades his second and one of these extra fifth or sixths to move up to show we wanted him. Taking a guy that will protect him before him is a sign you are worried about him.

I'm trying to understand your logic... for #1 you think that first round pro athletes are that insecure that if a team doesn't draft them with a first pick, they are going to suck on purpose?
And #2... Do you really think that highly of Wentz that you would trade 2 picks to move up to get him? (btw- no chance that would be enough to move back into the 1st round)
I'm Soooooo glad you're not the GM of the Bears. Yikes. You really hate Jay Cutler that much to go through all this? Wow... dude.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the head case Johnny Manziel. Yes, if he was chosen first by cleveland, I think he would have acted differently and possibly not have been cut from the team. I spoke of an individual expecting to be drafted top 10, being Clevelands first choice, but instead, he was not their first choice, he fell to them at 22.

If you actually read my post though, if Pace really wants him, I hope he makes a move instead of hoping he will continue to fall farther until we got him. We need to get someone on a three year plan.