• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Bears OFFICIAL Free Agency Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Cleveland THINKING taking a guy with their 2nd pick of the draft, when they could've taken him with their first pick?? What dummies.

:L

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually read my post though, if Pace really wants him, I hope he makes a move instead of hoping he will continue to fall farther until we got him. We need to get someone on a three year plan.

AND...you're STILL wrong... Hmmm 2nd pick with all the money and pressure that comes with it... OR same damn guy 20 picks later. YOU...Sir are a quack.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears signed restricted free agent Josh Hill from the saints to an offer sheet. New Orleans has their 5 days to match or let him go. Josh has some ties to Pace, the offer is supposedly 3 years 6 million.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears signed restricted free agent Josh Hill from the saints to an offer sheet. New Orleans has their 5 days to match or let him go. Josh has some ties to Pace, the offer is supposedly 3 years 6 million.

Miller and Hill in some 2 TE sets would be a pretty wicked combo.

Pretty decent job making up for losing Bennett.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont know how much he learned from or if he played with Jimmy Graham, but its a pretty good player to emulate.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace & Fox have both recently said they are not done adding talent. Remember we didn't even sign Porter until June last year. There will be a lot of June 1st cuts too.
9 draft picks... 5-6 more fringe players in FA? One more starter? For what they've already done and changed the team.
Did I read this right... Jay and Robbie Gould are the only players left from when Angelo was GM?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deonte Thompson brought back. He provided quite a spark to a dead return game last year.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deonte Thompson brought back. He provided quite a spark to a dead return game last year.

I know there is a kickoff rule change again, I am pretty sure the touch backs are coming out to the 25 so there might be some more chances for returns. I was hoping more for kicking off from the 25 to promote the return game.

I dont know if the NFL wants returns or not now. An extra 5 yards might stop the kicks going thru the end zone, and still not allow the headhunters on special teams to get the longer running start. Sounds like mixed messages.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL's "genius" thinking was it would help stop the returns- because they think return teams wouldn't chance taking kicks that are 5+ yards deep out of the endzone.
IMO it will promote ST to "pooch" kick the ball, so instead of 90+% of being a touchback- they will try and land it on the goal line or inside the 5 to "force" them to bring it out. So the kickoff team can potentially tackle them before the 25.

It's also a misguided "anti-concussion" thing... When in all reality all the old players that are having issues is more from SUB-Concussion hits that accumulated over the course of a career/lifetime.

Those "knockout" hits are bad... really bad, but it's more about the overall and accumulated head contact that is the issue.
NOTE: I love football... I never want them to change the game into touch or flag football... And guys just need to know going in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there is a kickoff rule change again, I am pretty sure the touch backs are coming out to the 25 so there might be some more chances for returns. I was hoping more for kicking off from the 25 to promote the return game.

I dont know if the NFL wants returns or not now. An extra 5 yards might stop the kicks going thru the end zone, and still not allow the headhunters on special teams to get the longer running start. Sounds like mixed messages.

I don't know if teams will kick short, creating more returns. Or... if this merely means that kick returners will be less reluctant to run it out of the middle or back of the end zone, and take a knee.

I think that's their goal. Stop returners from running it out of the back. Ala... Less returns.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL's "genius" thinking was it would help stop the returns- because they think return teams wouldn't chance taking kicks that are 5+ yards deep out of the endzone.
IMO it will promote ST to "pooch" kick the ball, so instead of 90+% of being a touchback- they will try and land it on the goal line or inside the 5 to "force" them to bring it out. So the kickoff team can potentially tackle them before the 25.

It's also a misguided "anti-concussion" thing... When in all reality all the old players that are having issues is more from SUB-Concussion hits that accumulated over the course of a career/lifetime.

Those "knockout" hits are bad... really bad, but it's more about the overall and accumulated head contact that is the issue.
NOTE: I love football... I never want them to change the game into touch or flag football... And guys just need to know going in.

It's done man.

These two unsportsmanlike conduct rules, is just the continuation of a never ending slippery slope. Which started in 2010 and 2011 with the no launching and kickoff spot change.

The game will be a shell of its former self by the 2020's.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if teams will kick short, creating more returns. Or... if this merely means that kick returners will be less reluctant to run it out of the middle or back of the end zone, and take a knee.

I think that's their goal. Stop returners from running it out of the back. Ala... Less returns.
ok, so instead of the mindset of, "If you are going to return the kick you better at least get it to the 20" now its the 25. I guess I was looking at the kickoff teams being penalized 5 yards for kicking it thru the end zone. I guess its just a matter of time before they "speed up the game" by just starting the next possession at the 25 with no kickoffs.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New Orleans did match the 3 year 7.5 million offer sheet. So they are still looking. Its not a terrible year for mid round tight end candidates, there are around 12 that should be good enough to be drafted, a few more FA signings. I like Duarte from UCLA, but he was more of a flex receiver, should be the 6th off the board in the third or fourth round, 10 TD's and 53 receptions for 872 yards last year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ink Sam Acho to one year deal.

I like the signing. He seemed like a top notch special teamer, and makes a solid depth LB. Apparently a real hard worker. I listened to him wired for the San Diego Monday Night game last year. Just seems like a good guy to have around.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ink Sam Acho to one year deal.

I like the signing. He seemed like a top notch special teamer, and makes a solid depth LB. Apparently a real hard worker. I listened to him wired for the San Diego Monday Night game last year. Just seems like a good guy to have around.

Yup. Positive, hard-worker. Smart, articulate, team-player. Great depth in the rotation and as you stated a great STer.

I like the signing too.

I'm a lifelong Bears pessimist, but I'm having a hard time complaining about Pace and Fox. I love what they are doing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda thought Acho was supposed to be a bigger signing last year and have a bigger role. I guess the team got what they expected of him to resign him again though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ink Manny Ramirez, OG. Former starter for Fox in Denver. 33 years old, it's one year deal.

He was good in his prime, and started 65 games. Good for depth, I suppose... and a borderline starter. Rather not rely on a guy that age though.

Though, it won't take much for him to work out better in Chicago than the other Manny Ramirez. Yeesh...