• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie Strong: "we're going to streamroll everyone. "

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it's ALL in how you look at it.

I have seen games where it was a 4 TD lead in the 4Q and a couple late TDs made it look close. I have seen tight games with 5 minutes that ended up 21 pt losses. Guy that watched both games would say the first example was a blow out, not the second. The boxscore guy would say the opposite

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps if you watch the games. Margin of victory doesn't mean the game was any less dominating. If your team can't manage an offensive TD, and your stats are less than half your average, you pretty much got dominated.

It happens all the time.

For example, the last time Texas played the Corn Fuckers, it was a pure ass raping at our 2nd home in Lincoln. Sure, Corn Fuckers will point out a 7pts win isn't dominating, but when your offense entered the game averaging 45ppg and rolling 450 yds a game and your offense is held to 6 pts, 190 yds of total offense, scores a meaningless punt return that appears to make the game respectable and you make that game your super bowl for the Year, that is pure domination. You don't need to score a lot of points to dominate an opponent.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps if you watch the games. Margin of victory doesn't mean the game was any less dominating. If your team can't manage an offensive TD, and your stats are less than half your average, you pretty much got dominated.

It happens all the time.
So wait. Is it stats or is it scoreboard?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course most would by unhappy, but I'd take it.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this stage, ten one point wins would make me really happy.

last year, against Cal, we had 650 yards of offense and lost. I think I'd rather have 150 yards and a win, as it stands now. :2cents:
Was that the missed extra point game? Between that and the Okie Light game, special teams threw any chance of a win in those 2. Even for an OU fan, yall got some horrendous calls in the OSU game as well, but I guess it just happens sometimes.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that the missed extra point game? Between that and the Okie Light game, special teams threw any chance of a win in those 2. Even for an OU fan, yall got some horrendous calls in the OSU game as well, but I guess it just happens sometimes.

Texas found some interesting ways to lose last year. Hoping that changes. Difference between good and bad teams is good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas found some interesting ways to lose last year. Hoping that changes. Difference between good and bad teams is good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose

Texas really did have knack for snatching defeat fromthe jaws of victory a couple times last year, didn't they?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban rebuilt Alabama in two years. Urban built Ohio State in two years. Jimbo built FSU in two years. Pete Carroll built USC in two years. Stoops and Mack both two years. Brian Kelly at Notre Dame, two years.

Why are Texas fans giving Charlie so much time?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That I can agree on, I know where Nebraska was in 2015 in that comparison. Nebraska lost to Purdue and Illinois. Pur-fucking-Due. If it weren't for Nebraska, pur-fucking-due would have been 1-11 with their only win against the powerhouse 5-6 Indiana State Sycamores,

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen games where it was a 4 TD lead in the 4Q and a couple late TDs made it look close. I have seen tight games with 5 minutes that ended up 21 pt losses. Guy that watched both games would say the first example was a blow out, not the second. The boxscore guy would say the opposite

^thinks the Alabama vs Texas game in 2009 was a close game and the final score didn't show it.

:lol:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^thinks the Alabama vs Texas game in 2009 was a close game and the final score didn't show it.

Boy. I never heard anyone talk so high about a dude that threw 4 picks in a big game like that just cause he was a freshman. Folks were telling me Garrett Grape was gonna win the heisman in a few more years at UT.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I think Saban was brutal in that game and he made it close. Probably his worst coached game I have ever watched. Hard to call a game that was 21-24 with 6 minutes to go a blow out. Yards were even.

Last edited:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy. I never heard anyone talk so high about a dude that threw 4 picks in a big game like that just cause he was a freshman. Folks were telling me Garrett Grape was gonna win the heisman in a few more years at UT.

I never talked about Gilbert. Learned long ago about jumping on a young players bangwagon. I am one of the few fans that don't think Texas has special RBs.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban rebuilt Alabama in two years. Urban built Ohio State in two years. Jimbo built FSU in two years. Pete Carroll built USC in two years. Stoops and Mack both two years. Brian Kelly at Notre Dame, two years.

How does the former head coach in waiting rebuild a team that he was virtually running? Urban rebuilt a team 2 years removed from a BCS win, what did he rebuild?

Last edited:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think Saban was brutal in that game and he made it close. Probably his worst coached game I have ever watched. Hard to call a game that was 21-24 with 6 minutes to go a blow out. Yards were even.

My bad it was 21-24 after Texas scored with 6 minutes to go. Remained that way until 2 minutes left

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he's had two years, this will be his third.

that's not a lot of time, considering Texas was worse off that OSU, Bama, FSU. Cant really comment on the others.
I don't think people really understand how fucked up it was at Texas. Talent was down, yes, but it was much more than that.

If things don't start improving this year, then yes, three years with no improvement would tell us he's probably not going to do it.