• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs Look to Trade Haywood + Pick for Player

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Days after the end of the Finals, the Cleveland Cavaliers are working on upgrading their roster by shopping the potentially valuable contract of Brendan Haywood, and -- in some cases -- offering it along with the 24th overall pick in Thursday's draft, sources told ESPN.com.

Haywood's $10.5 million contract is not guaranteed for next season if he's waived by Aug. 2. This could be attractive to a team looking to either offload salary now or use it as part of another deal that could be executed during free agency in July.

This should be very interesting. OBVIOUSLY Dan G. does not care about cash at all. LOL.... if he resigns everyone and makes this trade for a decently hefty salary his payroll is going to EASILY be the highest of all time. WOW- Hats off to Dan- you have to love an owner who values winning over money and who will never let an opportunity slip away because of cost. Lets see who David Griffin can make a deal with. OR- is everyone thinking what I am thinking and that DAvid Griffin is really doing nothing and LeBron is orchestratng the whole entire trade and Griffin is no more than a mouth piece.

I wonder what position they are even looking at. My guess would be either either backup PG or backup SF......a solid backup SF that coul defend and take pressure off Bron would be really nice. A combo guard like a Mo Williams would be really nice in the ack court though too- that could run the point, but also spread the floor ....we shall see

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Days after the end of the Finals, the Cleveland Cavaliers are working on upgrading their roster by shopping the potentially valuable contract of Brendan Haywood, and -- in some cases -- offering it along with the 24th overall pick in Thursday's draft, sources told ESPN.com.

Haywood's $10.5 million contract is not guaranteed for next season if he's waived by Aug. 2. This could be attractive to a team looking to either offload salary now or use it as part of another deal that could be executed during free agency in July.

This should be very interesting. OBVIOUSLY Dan G. does not care about cash at all. LOL.... if he resigns everyone and makes this trade for a decently hefty salary his payroll is going to EASILY be the highest of all time. WOW- Hats off to Dan- you have to love an owner who values winning over money and who will never let an opportunity slip away because of cost. Lets see who David Griffin can make a deal with. OR- is everyone thinking what I am thinking and that DAvid Griffin is really doing nothing and LeBron is orchestratng the whole entire trade and Griffin is no more than a mouth piece.

I wonder what position they are even looking at. My guess would be either either backup PG or backup SF......a solid backup SF that coul defend and take pressure off Bron would be really nice. A combo guard like a Mo Williams would be really nice in the ack court though too- that could run the point, but also spread the floor ....we shall see

Try again.
Dan Gilbert is a just still LeBrons bitch.

From 2011 lockout:

Owners were seriously considering coming off of their demand for a salary freeze and would allow players' future earnings to be tied into the league's revenue growth, a critical point for players. The owners also were willing to allow the players to maintain their current salaries, without rollbacks, sources said.

But when the owners left the players to meet among themselves for around three hours, Cleveland's Dan Gilbert and Phoenix's Robert Sarver expressed their dissatisfaction with many of the points, sources said. The sources said that the Knicks' James Dolan and the Lakers' Jerry Buss were visibly annoyed by the hardline demands of Gilbert and Sarver.

Indeed, it seems the two sides were closer than it appeared, only to have the minority opposition sabotage this week's progress. And just like that, Suns' owner Robert Sarver and Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert just became public enemy nos. 1 and 2 in the ongoing story of the NBA lockout.

Gilberts karma is also coming. He'll need to deal with people who know what a hypocrite he truly is.
He's done a total 360 on his original stance strictly because of the situation.
The man showed his true colors with the letter he wrote and left in on the teams website for 4 years.

i'm surprised he succeeded so well in other businesses.
He's giving up all these assets, building this huge salary capped team now.
In doing so, when the cap jumps in another year, what more will he really be able to add?
Every other team who is actually planning and plotting out the situation will be able to go after more pieces for their puzzle.

In other words, as I've told you before, the Cavs better win now, meaning next season, because they already let one slip away.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try again.
Dan Gilbert is a just still LeBrons bitch.

From 2011 lockout:

Owners were seriously considering coming off of their demand for a salary freeze and would allow players' future earnings to be tied into the league's revenue growth, a critical point for players. The owners also were willing to allow the players to maintain their current salaries, without rollbacks, sources said.

But when the owners left the players to meet among themselves for around three hours, Cleveland's Dan Gilbert and Phoenix's Robert Sarver expressed their dissatisfaction with many of the points, sources said. The sources said that the Knicks' James Dolan and the Lakers' Jerry Buss were visibly annoyed by the hardline demands of Gilbert and Sarver.

Indeed, it seems the two sides were closer than it appeared, only to have the minority opposition sabotage this week's progress. And just like that, Suns' owner Robert Sarver and Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert just became public enemy nos. 1 and 2 in the ongoing story of the NBA lockout.

Gilberts karma is also coming. He'll need to deal with people who know what a hypocrite he truly is.
He's done a total 360 on his original stance strictly because of the situation.
The man showed his true colors with the letter he wrote and left in on the teams website for 4 years.

i'm surprised he succeeded so well in other businesses.
He's giving up all these assets, building this huge salary capped team now.
In doing so, when the cap jumps in another year, what more will he really be able to add?
Every other team who is actually planning and plotting out the situation will be able to go after more pieces for their puzzle.

In other words, as I've told you before, the Cavs better win now, meaning next season, because they already let one slip away.

dude....I have no clue how that is relevant to him paying for this team.

I mean- are you denying what i said- that Gilbert is going ot make decisions based on money rather than talent.

Dude- next year as long as Love is back the Cavs are going to have one of the highest payrolls in the history of the NBA- maybe the highest in the history of the league. Id say thats a pretty aewsome commitment

and really? next year is their window?

LeBron is 30, Kyrie is 23, Love is 26, Thompson is 24, Shumpert is 24, Mozgov is 28.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree- because i think its crystal clear the Cavs have a window of at least 3-5 years to win multiple titles.

Dan is going to open his wallet in a major freaking way. Just because he played hardball during the CBA negotiations does not mean he is going to pull an Arison and get cheap on LeBorn- because you saw what happened to Arison when he got cheap on LeBron- the train left the station and one team went from the lotto to the Finals and the other went from the Finals to the lotto.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison must be proud every time he stood up to LeBron when he watches the playoffs on TNT and his arena is empty. He must be proud how he stood up to LeBron everytime he checks his accounting ledger and sees the sponsorship money and ticket sales and cable revenue that he has lost.

Everytime Dan Gilbert gets a little upset that he- a self-made billionare has to eat some of LeBron's shit, he probably looks at those same ledgers, that same TNT show, that same full arena, those same sponsorship deals- and he probably sleeps like a baby.

Kudos to Dan G too. Up to a personal fortune of 4 billion. That should come in handy when he gets like an 75 million dollar TAX bill. A lot of teams wont even spend 75 million on salary next year- Gilbert will likely spend that on luxury tax alone. That would be insane if the projections are correct and he has to pay like 200 million. He will be close to a record for 1 year player expenditures for an American sports franchise. I guess you are due for some good karma when you have Ted Stepien. Keep writing them checks Danny Boy.

it sounds like Arison might screw around and lose Dwade....now my thoughts on the long term viability of Dwade are well known...but man....that would be very surprising. I really would have to be legitmately worried about Chicago if they could somehow get Wade there- what a perfect fit that would be.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the NY Post....who reads that rag anyway....Turnuptheheat- you are definitely more qualified than The Post...tell us your thoughts. :L

CLEVELAND – Regardless of the outcome of these NBA Finals following a thrilling first four games, it appears the Cleveland Cavaliers are set up to be championship contenders for a long time.

Besides the obvious reason that LeBron James is back in Northeast Ohio presumably for the remainder of his career, the Cavaliers have a nucleus – including Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson and Timofey Mozgov – that not only is ready to compete now but has the potential to grow stronger.

But to continue on this trajectory, the Cavaliers – specifically, owner Dan Gilbert – are going to have to spend big. How big? Perhaps more than any team in NBA history has ever spent. Cleveland could become home to the league’s first $200 million team.

What to do with Brendan Haywood
Brendan who? Haywood is the center behind Kendrick Perkins on the Cavaliers depth chart – which should tell you all you need to know about his skills these days.

But Haywood, 35, isn’t on the roster for what he can do on the court. His unique contract spikes to a fully non-guaranteed year worth $10.5 million next season, which could be used as a trade chip to bring in another high-salaried player despite the Cavaliers being well over the salary cap.

The problem is about that would cost. If the Cavaliers don’t trade Haywood and just cut him, their combined salaries for 15 players, with two roster fillers, would be a little north of $113 million. With luxury tax payments, that skyrockets to around $206 million, shattering the prior record of $193 million the Nets spent in 2013-14.

If you add another $10 million to this Cavaliers roster, pushing the payroll to roughly $123 million, it would mean the Cavaliers would pay around $145 million in luxury taxes alone – a truly staggering sum, sending their combined payments next season toward the $300 million threshold.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't get my points.

Gilbert is 1 of 30 people who own an NBA team.
In most cases, the owners unite and the players unite in negotiations and then they meet somewhere in between.

In the previous negotiations, Gilbert took one of the most, if not the most hard line stance when it came to salary/ luxury tax.
The 360 makes him a hypocrite to the other 29, and when the next CBA comes, he's just 1 of 30 votes.
In the meantime, he needs to try to deal with the people he's pissing off.

As far as winning, if you end up all in next year, meaning that you are capped out at a time when all other teams can add, and you still haven't won.....then why wouldn't your chances decrease?

As far as your knowledge of empty seats, ticket revenue, net worth, you really need to stop.
Arison can buy, sell, and piss on Gilbert.

Do you even have any idea of how ticket revenue works?
How city funded arena loans work? Etc..

Let me explain. Arison was basically given the AAA because all of the loans that he repays to the city is derived strictly from his sold premium seating. Nothing out of pocket. Ever.

Not sure with James there now what premiums ( suites/courtsides) sell for in Cleveland, but apples to apples before, the Miami price was 3 to 4 times higher.

You, even trying to compare the 2 owners or front offices is just strictly a joke or an act of blind homerism.
Heat is totally respected. Cavs total laughing stock.

Arison has never, ever, been cheap. These guys are running a business though. Stop with the Mike Milller shit.
It is total nonsense. He's not worth the 5M Gilbert will have wasted in him in 2 years let alone the 30 or whatever M that Arison would have had to pay for a 6'8" cheerleader.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't get my points.

Gilbert is 1 of 30 people who own an NBA team.
In most cases, the owners unite and the players unite in negotiations and then they meet somewhere in between.

In the previous negotiations, Gilbert took one of the most, if not the most hard line stance when it came to salary/ luxury tax.
The 360 makes him a hypocrite to the other 29, and when the next CBA comes, he's just 1 of 30 votes.
In the meantime, he needs to try to deal with the people he's pissing off.

As far as winning, if you end up all in next year, meaning that you are capped out at a time when all other teams can add, and you still haven't won.....then why wouldn't your chances decrease?

As far as your knowledge of empty seats, ticket revenue, net worth, you really need to stop.
Arison can buy, sell, and piss on Gilbert.

Do you even have any idea of how ticket revenue works?
How city funded arena loans work? Etc..

Let me explain. Arison was basically given the AAA because all of the loans that he repays to the city is derived strictly from his sold premium seating. Nothing out of pocket. Ever.

Not sure with James there now what premiums ( suites/courtsides) sell for in Cleveland, but apples to apples before, the Miami price was 3 to 4 times higher.

You, even trying to compare the 2 owners or front offices is just strictly a joke or an act of blind homerism.
Heat is totally respected. Cavs total laughing stock.

Arison has never, ever, been cheap. These guys are running a business though. Stop with the Mike Milller shit.
It is total nonsense. He's not worth the 5M Gilbert will have wasted in him in 2 years let alone the 30 or whatever M that Arison would have had to pay for a 6'8" cheerleader.

As far as Wade, whatever, if he's unhappy, he's a FA..go wherever you want.
Within the last couple weeks though, you said he was worth 2-3M/ yr, so stop with the fearing him if he goes somewhere else.

Wade still has plenty left. He's tons more than a 2-3M pkayer, but he's far from a 20M player in a multi year deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Wade, whatever, if he's unhappy, he's a FA..go wherever you want.
Within the last couple weeks though, you said he was worth 2-3M/ yr, so stop with the fearing him if he goes somewhere else.

Wade still has plenty left. He's tons more than a 2-3M pkayer, but he's far from a 20M player in a multi year deal.

Please tell me how any of that is even a smidgeon relevant.
Here are simple, simple facts

-Dan Gilbert has proved time and time again that he will not let cost dictate any basketball opportunities.

-Next year as long as Love returns, the Cavs are pretty much guaranteed to have either the highest or second highest payroll in the history of the NBA and one of the highest payrolls in the history of North American professional sports. Thats awesome and its why the Slower peoplel

Thats freaking awesome. Some teams are cheap. The Cavs luxury tax alone will probably be bigger than teams whole entire payrolls. Gilbert has always pulled the trigger on moves that will benefit the team no matter the expense- from the luxury tax paying teams of LeBrons first go round, to taking on the last 2 years of Baron DAvis' contract that ended up netting the Cavs the pick that became Kyrie Irving- basically a swap of the Clips unprotected 1st rounder for Gilbert paying 40 million to pay Barons last 2 years. AWESOME Gilbert has opened the check book and been awesome in supporting his General Manager in anyway shape or form he can to make the team better.

and talk about hypocrisy. The Cavs window is closing with LeBron just turning 30, but Wade "has plenty left" at 33 with a huge injury history and permanent damage to his knee because he had his meniscus removed? WOW man.....I dont know what else to say but WOW. Not too mention- LeBron's size and the development of his all around game are miles ahead of Wade who kinda stopped improving his game years ago. We saw a taste of it all Finals long with LeBron posting up on that right elbow- he could do that at anytime whether he is 22 or 42.

So again- its really really simple. Gilbert is likely going to spend more than anyone else in the history of the league on his team next year- and previous ample spending has facilitated great acquisitions such as Kyrie Irving- and Danny Boy is going to continue to do that stuff and thats amazing. Thanks Dan G.

And as far as next summer goes- I think it is going to end up awesome that Dan G is early getting to that limit. Next year EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE is going to have oodles upon oodles upon oodles of cap room to throw at a limited free agency pool. Ill tell ya- Id rather sign players like Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson for 20 million and 15 million respectively instead of being forced to give that SAME type of money to lesser players since every team will be in a bidding war- however only someone with foresight would pick up on that. The game is chess, not checkers- and if you truly did not realize that, then we know which game you are playing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am anxious to what kind of player they can get for Haywood and the pick- and if they need to package anything else along with it.

I do not expect anything to get done until the draft since they cant deal the pick until the draft.

Assuming that Love returns- we know they are not going after a big man since I gotta think Love, Mozgov, Thompson, Varejao is plenty for sure. Backup SF I think is the way to go- and hopefully he will be able to get his own shot. Should be interesting.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Lakers I'd trade Swaggy P for him then not take the option. Clear up even more money for FAs. With them not keeping Hill and then Heyward they would have almost $41 mill to play with and pick up pieces. 3 first rounders this year would really help the rebuilding process. Swaggy P doesn't fit into the style the Lakers want to play. But he would be a good role player for the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Lakers I'd trade Swaggy P for him then not take the option. Clear up even more money for FAs. With them not keeping Hill and then Heyward they would have almost $41 mill to play with and pick up pieces. 3 first rounders this year would really help the rebuilding process. Swaggy P doesn't fit into the style the Lakers want to play. But he would be a good role player for the Cavs.
isnt Swaggy P just a worse version of Jr Smith?--- I understand the logic for sure...but the fit just isnt great....maybe if they spiced it up with a future pick?....

Anthother reason I think the Lakers should take Russell is because I would LOVE to see the pick and role between him and Randle.

matching Okafor and Randle i think would be a little rough because I think in todays league you kinda need at least one of your PF or your C position to be able to hit an outside shot vey consistently....like its a very nice roster that can pair a guy like Ryan Anderson who can shoot 3s with a guy who can be a potential beast inside like Randle- Anderson can space the floor for that pick and roll too and get a wide open three if the defense overplays it.

I mean damn Lakers fans- wouldnt it be awesome to see a Russell/Randle pick and roll? Let that grow this year and then get back into free agency next year when the cap goes way up and then you are finally on your way back to making some noise....just my opinion...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt Swaggy P just a worse version of Jr Smith?--- I understand the logic for sure...but the fit just isnt great....maybe if they spiced it up with a future pick?....

Anthother reason I think the Lakers should take Russell is because I would LOVE to see the pick and role between him and Randle.

matching Okafor and Randle i think would be a little rough because I think in todays league you kinda need at least one of your PF or your C position to be able to hit an outside shot vey consistently....like its a very nice roster that can pair a guy like Ryan Anderson who can shoot 3s with a guy who can be a potential beast inside like Randle- Anderson can space the floor for that pick and roll too and get a wide open three if the defense overplays it.

I mean damn Lakers fans- wouldnt it be awesome to see a Russell/Randle pick and roll? Let that grow this year and then get back into free agency next year when the cap goes way up and then you are finally on your way back to making some noise....just my opinion...

Randle lost a lot of weight. He might be a SF now. He also has a very good outside shot. People didn't know it because he was not asked to play that way at Kentucky. They have no bigs right now. Towns or Okafor would do well to replace Hill.

They also have a lot of free agent money to get an okay PG. Dragic can opt out and get paid. Rondo can fit in nicely with Kobe. He is a bit of a head case, but he does fit the Lakers offensive style.

Lakers might just use Clarkson and pick up Butler. He would be a perfect 2 or 3 with the Lakers. Just have to add a poison pill to the contract that the Bulls wouldn't like and make it a short term contract which he wants.

Carrol and Harris are also able to fill that role if Butler stays in Chicago.

If the Lakers do pick up Russel I fully expect them to sign DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle lost a lot of weight. He might be a SF now. He also has a very good outside shot. People didn't know it because he was not asked to play that way at Kentucky. They have no bigs right now. Towns or Okafor would do well to replace Hill.

They also have a lot of free agent money to get an okay PG. Dragic can opt out and get paid. Rondo can fit in nicely with Kobe. He is a bit of a head case, but he does fit the Lakers offensive style.

Lakers might just use Clarkson and pick up Butler. He would be a perfect 2 or 3 with the Lakers. Just have to add a poison pill to the contract that the Bulls wouldn't like and make it a short term contract which he wants.

If the Lakers do pick up Russel I fully expect them to sign DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol
According the rumors, Butler really wants to play with the lakers. It'll most likely happen, but not next year. If I am the Bulls I offer a sign and trade to the Lakers for their first pick and matching salary. The problem is, to match salary, the Lakers would have to include Kobe, which I doubt happen. Bottom line is that Butler will not be in LA next year. He'll probably ask for and get a short term deal from another team for the max and the Bulls will match.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really think that the Lakers best way to go is drafting Russell, and then signing Monroe. He is not atrue center- but he is 6' 11'' and there are simply not that any true centers left anymore. Or sign Asik- all though I like Monroes offensive game a lot more. I thnkt he Lakers could very realistically sign Monroe and then sign a SF like a Thad Young. At least in the short term you would start putting a roster toether to build from- and then once Kobes contracts come off the books you are ready to really put the pedal to the medal.

How would a lineup of ...sound
PG- Russell- 6 million
SG- Kobe- 25 million
SF- Thad Young- 8 million
PF- Julius Randle- 4 mllion
C- Greg Monroe- 15 million

Chicago has the right to match any contract Butler is offered- and especially with the cap substantially going up- they are not goig to let him go away. Its a bitch to sign away restricted Free agents because you have to tie up your money and wait for a time period and the other team always matches and then you have wasted time in fre agency.

Like I said- if you dont like Monroe and Young here are some other options that I think are realistic

Center:
Omer Asik
Tyson Chandler
Kosta Koufos
Andreia Bargnani

-Gasol and Deandre are both free agents- but i personally dont see them leaving thei teams...maybe I am wrong- we shall see. Lopez and Hibbert both have huge player options i bet hey pick up- you dont want either of those guys anyway i wouldnt think.

Bismack Biyombo is a guy I would look at if the Lakers because heis young and cheap- he is only 23 years old- he is restricted but they would be unlikely to match. I think he would be a very good backup- and could possibly develop him into a starter someday and he would not be expensive and would keep your flexibility going forwards. Bargs would give you a floor spacer and would work great with a rim protector like Towns or Okafor if you go that direction.

Small Forward:
Tobias Harris
CoreyBrewer
Thad Young
DeMarre Carroll
Khris Mlldeton

-Harris and Milldeton are restricted so youd have to pay an assload to get them- but i am telling you- its damn near impossible to find a good small forward in free agency or trade or even draft in todays NBA.

Khris Middleton is a gamer- an amazing defender- he would compliment Kobe perfectly and he has a nasty streak- the Laker fans would love him. Id overpay to get him. You would get a great athlete and finsher to play withRussell, and a great defender

WOW

I would LOVE to see this lineup
PG- Russell
SG- Kobe
SF- Middleton
PF- Randle
C- Monroe

every oneof those guys besides Kobe would be very young and able to grow together for a long time. It would be a nice mixture of defense and offense. It would not win many games its first year together because of its the age of the team, the strength of the conference, my low opinion of Byron Scott, but that lineup has some real potential to build around. Middleton gives you vesatility oo since when Kobe leaves he can move to SG if need be. That is a team I would try and catch if I had league pass. AND it would still have plenty of money once Kobe leaves to add players around it-- Its so important to have some young cheap players on a roster and guys like Randle and Russell who are reat and make only like 10M combined are the backbone of a roster. Clarkson who makes peanuts and guys like him - rotaion players that make less than 3 million a year are also incredibly important......
Pg- Ruse

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According the rumors, Butler really wants to play with the lakers. It'll most likely happen, but not next year. If I am the Bulls I offer a sign and trade to the Lakers for their first pick and matching salary. The problem is, to match salary, the Lakers would have to include Kobe, which I doubt happen. Bottom line is that Butler will not be in LA next year. He'll probably ask for and get a short term deal from another team for the max and the Bulls will match.
I have heard rumors that Butler will sign the one year tender and reject hte max contract so he will be an outriht free agent next summer----- however- he would be the first person EVER to do so. No player has ever turned down a max contract to play out there existing dal and hit free agency a year later. IF Butler does it- then YE he Lakers could get him - but you are 100% correct- they would have to wait a year..

YIKES----
PG- Russell
SG- Butler
SF- Middleton
PF- Randle
C- whoever

YIKES- now that team would be lock down defensively and have a bunch of athlets. Russell could do some work with that team. He could go James Harden with that roster.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard rumors that Butler will sign the one year tender and reject hte max contract so he will be an outriht free agent next summer----- however- he would be the first person EVER to do so. No player has ever turned down a max contract to play out there existing dal and hit free agency a year later. IF Butler does it- then YE he Lakers could get him - but you are 100% correct- they would have to wait a year..

YIKES----
PG- Russell
SG- Butler
SF- Middleton
PF- Randle
C- whoever

YIKES- now that team would be lock down defensively and have a bunch of athlets. Russell could do some work with that team. He could go James Harden with that roster.
It makes financial sense. With the cap about to sky rocket, butler could make much more by signing a max next year then if he did this year. You say no player has ever done it, but he is really the only player that has ever been in that situation. I think it's also a big reason that Lebron only signed a 2 year deal with the Cavs. It's why Melo was seriously considering a two year deal with the Bulls last year. The max is going to be worth much more next year.

Oh, and that team isn't really that good. Russell and Randle are both unknowns, Middleton isn't really that great, and Butler is a very good player, but not a number 1 scorer like Harden is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes financial sense. With the cap about to sky rocket, butler could make much more by signing a max next year then if he did this year. You say no player has ever done it, but he is really the only player that has ever been in that situation. I think it's also a big reason that Lebron only signed a 2 year deal with the Cavs. It's why Melo was seriously considering a two year deal with the Bulls last year. The max is going to be worth much more next year.

Oh, and that team isn't really that good. Russell and Randle are both unknowns, Middleton isn't really that great, and Butler is a very good player, but not a number 1 scorer like Harden is.
I totally agree with you- that team isnt that good- but its at least a starting point, and its a lot of young guys with skill sets....

I mean ook at the Lakers right ow. They have Clarkson- who was a nice pick but hes not startingand winning you games. Randle could be really good- but its not like players taken 7th in the draft dont ever bust- it happensa lot....the rest really bad- hill, swaggy p, etc. etc. etc....

AT least that team would give the Lakers some where to build off of and give them the first step to trying to compete in the West. - because right now- it is just bad man....just look at the Clips sharing an arena

Top 5 gu in CP3, top 10 guy in blake, top 20 guy in DeAndre- a bunch of really good role players in Redick , stephenson, crawford- a legit championship level head coach- the Lakers are lite years behind the other team in their own builind-g this rebuild aint happening over night unless Bron goes there or Anthony Davis some how gets there...you gotta start somewhere

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you- that team isnt that good- but its at least a starting point, and its a lot of young guys with skill sets....

I mean ook at the Lakers right ow. They have Clarkson- who was a nice pick but hes not startingand winning you games. Randle could be really good- but its not like players taken 7th in the draft dont ever bust- it happensa lot....the rest really bad- hill, swaggy p, etc. etc. etc....

AT least that team would give the Lakers some where to build off of and give them the first step to trying to compete in the West. - because right now- it is just bad man....just look at the Clips sharing an arena

Top 5 gu in CP3, top 10 guy in blake, top 20 guy in DeAndre- a bunch of really good role players in Redick , stephenson, crawford- a legit championship level head coach- the Lakers are lite years behind the other team in their own builind-g this rebuild aint happening over night unless Bron goes there or Anthony Davis some how gets there...you gotta start somewhere
I agree. I think you overrate the clippers players, but point was made. I seriously hope these butler rumors are just rumors though and he just wants a short deal from the Bulls so he can sign a max deal with them next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think you overrate the clippers players, but point was made. I seriously hope these butler rumors are just rumors though and he just wants a short deal from the Bulls so he can sign a max deal with them next year.
Chicago is a great place to play- i get and understand the lure of LA - especially if he is the first to go here and he becomes the new "man" out there- that is a pretty glittering allure- getting a huge contract to be numero uno in LaLa Land- but playing in Chicago is not exactly playing for chicken scratch. I have mixed emtions- part of me would not mind at all if Butler moved out West- but the other part always feels sympathy when a guy who is drafted by their orgial team walks away from the fans who have liked him and chered with hi since he just started as a pro. anyway..we shall see..

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago is a great place to play- i get and understand the lure of LA - especially if he is the first to go here and he becomes the new "man" out there-
that is a pretty glittering allure- getting a huge contract to be numero uno in LaLa Land- but playing in Chicago is not exactly playing for chicken scratch. I have mixed emtions- part of me would not mind at all if Butler moved out West- but the other part always feels sympathy when a guy who is drafted by their orgial team walks away from the fans who have liked him and chered with hi since he just started as a pro. anyway..we shall see..
As long as he doesn't make a tv show to announce his decision, I'm fine with it. :D

He will be missed, though. I am also starting to think that no one wants to play in Chicago. We don't attract prime FAs and our front office seems like a bunch of picky road ragers. The weather ain't that great either.