• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs Look to Trade Haywood + Pick for Player

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't make a tv show to announce his decision, I'm fine with it. :D

He will be missed, though. I am also starting to think that no one wants to play in Chicago. We don't attract prime FAs and our front office seems like a bunch of picky road ragers. The weather ain't that great either.
Roid* not road.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison must be proud every time he stood up to LeBron when he watches the playoffs on TNT and his arena is empty. He must be proud how he stood up to LeBron everytime he checks his accounting ledger and sees the sponsorship money and ticket sales and cable revenue that he has lost.

Everytime Dan Gilbert gets a little upset that he- a self-made billionare has to eat some of LeBron's shit, he probably looks at those same ledgers, that same TNT show, that same full arena, those same sponsorship deals- and he probably sleeps like a baby.

Kudos to Dan G too. Up to a personal fortune of 4 billion. That should come in handy when he gets like an 75 million dollar TAX bill. A lot of teams wont even spend 75 million on salary next year- Gilbert will likely spend that on luxury tax alone. That would be insane if the projections are correct and he has to pay like 200 million. He will be close to a record for 1 year player expenditures for an American sports franchise. I guess you are due for some good karma when you have Ted Stepien. Keep writing them checks Danny Boy.

it sounds like Arison might screw around and lose Dwade....now my thoughts on the long term viability of Dwade are well known...but man....that would be very surprising. I really would have to be legitmately worried about Chicago if they could somehow get Wade there- what a perfect fit that would be.

Arison's proud that he has 3 Larry O'Brien trophy's in his case and not zero like Dan Gilbert.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison's proud that he has 3 Larry O'Brien trophy's in his case and not zero like Dan Gilbert.
I hope they keep him warm at night, because the way things are looking, he won't be earning another one in a very long time.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have no problem unloading Heywood for a decent player. That contract is a damn nice piece to be able to shop. I wouldn't mind seeing Mo Williams come back, he showed this year he has some left in the tank still. With his words to the media this week I hope they make it happen. Another guy, speaking of backup SF, to look at would be Al-Farouq Aminu. He's opting out of his deal with Dallas and would be an awesome piece to add.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they keep him warm at night, because the way things are looking, he won't be earning another one in a very long time.

What's you're definition of a very long time?
It's really not that easy to win championships.
We had a very fun/unique type of decade.
30 teams every year. 1 trophy.
The Heat will almost always be competitive.
Players love South Beach, players love a primary residence where they pay no state. Players love the winter month weather.

We'll be fine.
Enjoy you're 1 window for forever.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have no problem unloading Heywood for a decent player. That contract is a damn nice piece to be able to shop. I wouldn't mind seeing Mo Williams come back, he showed this year he has some left in the tank still. With his words to the media this week I hope they make it happen. Another guy, speaking of backup SF, to look at would be Al-Farouq Aminu. He's opting out of his deal with Dallas and would be an awesome piece to add.

I like Mo over JR.
Not sure how you get/keep both though.

Aminu is solid, if you can get him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's you're definition of a very long time?
It's really not that easy to win championships.
We had a very fun/unique type of decade.
30 teams every year. 1 trophy.
The Heat will almost always be competitive.
Players love South Beach, players love a primary residence where they pay no state. Players love the winter month weather.

We'll be fine.
Enjoy you're 1 window for forever.
Exactly, you had a very unique decade. However, if you guys can't even make the playoffs in the East as it was this year, you need a complete overhaul to possibly "almost always be competitive".
I like Mo over JR.
Not sure how you get/keep both though.
I don't see a future here for JR. I guess he wants a pretty silly amount of money for what he has to offer. He might get it somewhere, but I doubt it's in Cleveland. Mo, on the other hand, would be great since he can be a true backup to KI. Not sure what that means for the future of Delly, but I'd rather have Mo.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me how any of that is even a smidgeon relevant.
Here are simple, simple facts

-Dan Gilbert has proved time and time again that he will not let cost dictate any basketball opportunities.

-Next year as long as Love returns, the Cavs are pretty much guaranteed to have either the highest or second highest payroll in the history of the NBA and one of the highest payrolls in the history of North American professional sports. Thats awesome and its why the Slower peoplel

Thats freaking awesome. Some teams are cheap. The Cavs luxury tax alone will probably be bigger than teams whole entire payrolls. Gilbert has always pulled the trigger on moves that will benefit the team no matter the expense- from the luxury tax paying teams of LeBrons first go round, to taking on the last 2 years of Baron DAvis' contract that ended up netting the Cavs the pick that became Kyrie Irving- basically a swap of the Clips unprotected 1st rounder for Gilbert paying 40 million to pay Barons last 2 years. AWESOME Gilbert has opened the check book and been awesome in supporting his General Manager in anyway shape or form he can to make the team better.

and talk about hypocrisy. The Cavs window is closing with LeBron just turning 30, but Wade "has plenty left" at 33 with a huge injury history and permanent damage to his knee because he had his meniscus removed? WOW man.....I dont know what else to say but WOW. Not too mention- LeBron's size and the development of his all around game are miles ahead of Wade who kinda stopped improving his game years ago. We saw a taste of it all Finals long with LeBron posting up on that right elbow- he could do that at anytime whether he is 22 or 42.

So again- its really really simple. Gilbert is likely going to spend more than anyone else in the history of the league on his team next year- and previous ample spending has facilitated great acquisitions such as Kyrie Irving- and Danny Boy is going to continue to do that stuff and thats amazing. Thanks Dan G.

And as far as next summer goes- I think it is going to end up awesome that Dan G is early getting to that limit. Next year EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE is going to have oodles upon oodles upon oodles of cap room to throw at a limited free agency pool. Ill tell ya- Id rather sign players like Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson for 20 million and 15 million respectively instead of being forced to give that SAME type of money to lesser players since every team will be in a bidding war- however only someone with foresight would pick up on that. The game is chess, not checkers- and if you truly did not realize that, then we know which game you are playing.

Damn. You're all over the place.

First, please stop acting like I'm trying to make Wade out to be anywhere near James' level.
I'm on record saying he should be productive in an offense with Dragic, Bosh and Whiteside.
If I could only keep 3 of the 4 though, it's bye bye Wade.
My he has plenty left comment was directed at you for saying something very stupid like he's only worth 2-3M.

And Gilbert 'always has'?
Really? How much luxury tax has he ever paid in a season when LeBron wasn't on the roster?
Try Gilbert "has to", because he's James' bitch.

As far as you're projected roster.
James is obviously worth the 1 year max. When he signs his probable last contract after that though, starting around 30M, project it out for 5 years. By the tail end of it, you will have a probable situation much worse then the Lakers with Kobe ( assuming he actually plays that many more seasons, and stays in Cleveland).

Love. Who knows? If he stays though, and signs the 5 year now, it's prob a good contract for the Cavs.
If he stays and follows in James path, no way he's worth (IMO) the 30M starting point.

Kyrie contract is great for the Cavs if he can stay healthy.

T.T. is tricky. Very limited game, but he's very good at what he does. He's (IMO) not worth a max or near max if Love is still around.

Mozgov is worth the 5.

Rest of your roster, as of now?
Who is a good value?

And once again, try to focus on the point being made here.
IF you don't win this year, and you are already maxed out heading into a season where basically all other teams can add players, HOW do your chances of winning not decrease?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, you had a very unique decade. However, if you guys can't even make the playoffs in the East as it was this year, you need a complete overhaul to possibly "almost always be competitive".

I don't see a future here for JR. I guess he wants a pretty silly amount of money for what he has to offer. He might get it somewhere, but I doubt it's in Cleveland. Mo, on the other hand, would be great since he can be a true backup to KI. Not sure what that means for the future of Delly, but I'd rather have Mo.

Come on.
You're not willing to give the Heat some sort of pass for last season?

Our FA period was handcuffed by James.
We end up originally adding Deng/McRoberts...then lose McRoberts for the season.
He's nothing special, but still filled a role we needed.

Then, we lose Bosh for the season, just after making the amazing additions of Dragic/Whiteside.

Our 3 points shooters were basically nobody.

Then, you're trying to totally reinvent an offense in the last 3rd of the season with lineups that never played together.

The Heat were forced to start more than 30 different lineups consisting of around 20 different players.

They still almost made it, although the majority of us are glad they didn't.
At least we earned a hopefully nice dividend that we can add next Thursday.

The Heat should look totally reinvented next year.

If Wade/Deng stay, give me a list of better starting 5's then: Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on.

We end up originally adding Deng/McRoberts...then lose McRoberts for the season.

Then, we lose Bosh for the season, just after making the amazing additions of Dragic/Whiteside.

Then, you're trying to totally reinvent an offense in the last 3rd of the season with lineups that never played together.

The Heat were forced to start more than 30 different lineups consisting of around 20 different players.

If Wade/Deng stay, give me a list of better starting 5's then: Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside.

Having Dragic for training camp should help as well.

Unless of course, the Lakers steal Dragic from you. :lol:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on.

LOL

Yet when Cavs fans point out how different the Finals would've been if not for the catastrophic injuries we incurred, we get ripped to shreds for it.

In all honesty, it was a tough year for you guys. I can appreciate and acknowledge that. If you can keep Wade with Dragic and Bosh next year, you'll be in the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Dragic for training camp should help as well.

Unless of course, the Lakers steal Dragic from you. :lol:

Never say never, but I doubt the Heat traded for him without knowing he wanted to stay and they were willing to pay.

It all makes sense as to why Wade is so apparently butt hurt.

I read somewhere last night that Wade bought a house in Cleveland ( leaked out by a banker).
Not at all saying it is true, obviously I have no idea, but after everything that leaked out about James last year that ended up being true, who knows??

I prefer to have Wade back here on a 1 year deal, but if he does leave I think it would be hilarious if he went to the Cavs ( and hopefully lost).
Talk about destroying ones legacy over ego.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Yet when Cavs fans point out how different the Finals would've been if not for the catastrophic injuries we incurred, we get ripped to shreds for it.

In all honesty, it was a tough year for you guys. I can appreciate and acknowledge that. If you can keep Wade with Dragic and Bosh next year, you'll be in the playoffs.

Ripped to shreds?
I was just glad James lost, regardless of why.

As far as myself, I said that you lost a lot on offense, but backed into being much better on defense.
Who knows how much your D suffers vs a potential scoring machine like the Warriors if Love/Kyrie play normal minutes.

I said your biggest loss IMO was depth, which obviously mattered.
I said it was karma and irony that people said James left because Wade couldn't be trusted without considering Kyrie is made of glass.

James is so versatile, that he can pretty much negate a positional loss.
Up until the Finals, you're role players were making their shots.
In the Finals they didn't.
Same players, different results.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never say never, but I doubt the Heat traded for him without knowing he wanted to stay and they were willing to pay.

It all makes sense as to why Wade is so apparently butt hurt.

I read somewhere last night that Wade bought a house in Cleveland ( leaked out by a banker).
Not at all saying it is true, obviously I have no idea, but after everything that leaked out about James last year that ended up being true, who knows??

I prefer to have Wade back here on a 1 year deal, but if he does leave I think it would be hilarious if he went to the Cavs ( and hopefully lost).
Talk about destroying ones legacy over ego.

Yeah, I think Dragic stays in Miami. Assuming the Lakers draft a big and Dragic actually listens to other teams, I think the Lakers will likely offer him a max deal. However, I don't see him taking it. Miami and the Lakers were the 2 places that he was said to want to go and the Heat made a better offer and got him. I'm sure not wanting him to go to a division rival played a role in the Suns decision on which trade to accept as well.

I saw nothing from the way things went with the Heat that should leave him anything less than curious and excited about playing there in the future. I'm not even sure that losing Wade would be enough to get him to go elsewhere.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I haven't seen Cavs fans getting ripped for it. Just a couple of posters saying that it's no excuse. I think most give the Cavs credit for winning 2 games (I know I do). Most figured that once Kyrie went down, it was going to be a sweep. Credit to the Cavs, Lebron played out of his mind and was able to control the pace of play for long stretches, some guys that no one saw coming (like Delly) played over their heads for as long as they could. It was a pretty amazing display by the Cavs, imo. In the end, they just ran out of guys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Dragic stays in Miami. Assuming the Lakers draft a big and Dragic actually listens to other teams, I think the Lakers will likely offer him a max deal. However, I don't see him taking it. Miami and the Lakers were the 2 places that he was said to want to go and the Heat made a better offer and got him. I'm sure not wanting him to go to a division rival played a role in the Suns decision on which trade to accept as well.

I saw nothing from the way things went with the Heat that should leaved him anything less than curious and excited about playing there in the future. I'm not even sure that losing Wade would be enough to get him to go elsewhere.

Wade was handling the ball in the 4th qtrs of most of the games when we fell apart.
Dragic should have been.
That can't happen moving forward.
Heat fans all have a special place for Wade, but the 2015 Wade can't think like the up to 2011 Wade.
If we could turn Wades salary into a couple good shooting guards, we'de be a better team.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs likely won't receive any players who are anything of note for Haywood & the pick. They wold be better in the long run to just cut Haywood & draft a player with the pick.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was handling the ball in the 4th qtrs of most of the games when we fell apart.
Dragic should have been.
That can't happen moving forward.
Heat fans all have a special place for Wade, but the 2015 Wade can't think like the up to 2011 Wade.
If we could turn Wades salary into a couple good shooting guards, we'de be a better team.

Yeah, you guys are in similar position with Wade as the Lakers were with Kobe, imo. Do you reward him for what he has meant to the franchise like the Lakers did with Kobe which will limit who you can pursue in FA? Or do you play hard ball with him and let him walk?

Imo, the Heat are in a better position than the Lakers were because even if Wade walks, the Heat should still be good enough to get a solid playoff spot in the East.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this package bringing anything back that will help them.