• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns trying to make another move for Bradford

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know him.

You are correct. One thing that's for sure about Johnny Foosball is he didn't take his rookie year seriously at all. Even All Pro OL Joe Thomas has publicly questioned Johnny Finger's dedication to the game. I hope his stint in rehab has knocked the arrogance outta him but I still have no faith in him ever being a productive QB in the NFL.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this how? From watching Seahawk games on TV? I will place my trust in Chip knowing a little more about QB's than anyone on any of these message boards.
Fair enough, but I watch the home games live, in attendance.
While Bradford has not had many offensive weapons around him, he has had a solid D. The Rams D stats may look mediocre because they are on the field too long because the O cannot sustain drives.
Career QB ratings of NFCW QB's:
Bradford 79.3
Kaepernick 90.6
Palmer 86.3
Wilson 98.6

Granted, Chip is all knowing compared to a schlep like me, but he might let Philly fans down with some of his decisions this year. In short time we will all know.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this deal is dead in the water. Bradford won't sign an extension in Cleveland plus cleveland doesn't have a QB to offer in return.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people here are definitely sipping some kool-aid on Bradford. He was not very good when healthy, mediocre at best, and now he's hasn't played a regular season game in a year and a half after two knee injuries.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move will be comparable to either the Drew Brees or Dante Culpepper signings of 2006. We simply don't know which one yet.

Good comparison. Right now, it's both. Which is good enough reason to hold out for that "Drew Brees 2.0" potential, instead of whatever potential Mariota may or may not have. If Chip's plan is Bradford as his fallback, may he please be "left holding the bag." In that case he will have been lucky instead of good.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this deal is dead in the water. Bradford won't sign an extension in Cleveland plus cleveland doesn't have a QB to offer in return.

If that is what happens, then thank you Bradford! Hopefully Chip doesn't get pissed at him for screwing up his grand plan. And even more hopefully, hopefully Chip is smart enough not to have had that plan to begin with.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people here are definitely sipping some kool-aid on Bradford. He was not very good when healthy, mediocre at best, and now he's hasn't played a regular season game in a year and a half after two knee injuries.

Mediocre compared to in their prime Drew Brees and Peyton Manning, but he performed very well when healthy for a young QB. His last season was a great start before getting injured.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comparison. Right now, it's both. Which is good enough reason to hold out for that "Drew Brees 2.0" potential, instead of whatever potential Mariota may or may not have. If Chip's plan is Bradford as his fallback, may he please be "left holding the bag." In that case he will have been lucky instead of good.

What I like about it is that the risk is more financial than football. I believe that Foles/Sanchez while obviously a little different, were essentially the same result on the football field....Journeyman guys that you can compete with. So if Bradford doesn't pan out, they really aren't any worse off than they are with Foles or Sanchez starting.

But it is a huge financial risk. Which says to me says that this is what Chip in charge means for this franchise. They are prioritizing improving their chances of finding a good player over making a prudent financial decision. This is the sort of deal that a Banner or Roseman would be unlikely to make as its investing $10M in a project than may be less than 50-50 to work out. As a fan, I like the fact that the guy making the decision doesn't mind pissing away $10M if he thinks it improves the football team.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks, We are an OG, SS and CB away from being a complete team. Bradford is a good qb. Unless we get bothe cleveland picks, im not interested. And if we do im taking a qb at 20, a safety at 12 and a G at Clevelands second first. But even that is troublesome because it might screw up our cap. Nah, im good. Id rather keep bradford and draft bpa.