• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles move up to #2

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!!! But you did not get the memo from Eagle fans that you must believe that everything management does must be right. I work with an Eagle fan who praises everything they do. He was a big chip fan and now he says chip stinks :lol:
I work with 3 Eagle fans who feel they were rapped in this trade. The both like Wentz but rather not have traded the farm for him. They rather have Elliott and their picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work with 3 Eagle fans who feel they were rapped in this trade. The both like Wentz but rather not have traded the farm for him. They rather have Elliott and their picks.
Peters is getting old. Tackle would be a great pick too. Especially if a guy with a little position flex that could play somewhere other than LT year one

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is getting old. Tackle would be a great pick too. Especially if a guy with a little position flex that could play somewhere other than LT year one
But is Tunsil worth all those picks when Stanley will most likely be there at 8? If they move up for Tunsil it's even a dumber mistake IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is Tunsil worth all those picks when Stanley will most likely be there at 8? If they move up for Tunsil it's even a dumber mistake IMO.
No. I meant stay at 8 and take OT. Would be a better plan like Elliot at 8 also. Trading up for Tunsil would be dumb

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If it were me making the decisions I would have waited til the draft and if Tunsil slipped a tad Id trade up (and give up less) for him. Peters is about done and 100% is not a pro bowl LT even though he still gets voted in.

2) If they think Wentz is going to be great it makes sense. I just think its too risky.

3) I am conflicted. There is nothing worse then being a good team from top to bottom and not having a good QB. As I said before... I'd rather have holes and a stud QB than have less holes and no QB. If Wentz turns out to be a stud they literally have from today to 2030 to fill the holes. But if he sucks they are gonna to be a bad team for a pretty long while. My absolute nightmare is they come out and play HORRIFICALLY and have to hand over a top 3 pick to Cleveland.

4) I think I read early 1st round QB's have a 35% success rate. Eagles management is rolling the dice with the odds against them praying for a 7.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) If it were me making the decisions I would have waited til the draft and if Tunsil slipped a tad Id trade up (and give up less) for him. Peters is about done and 100% is not a pro bowl LT even though he still gets voted in.

2) If they think Wentz is going to be great it makes sense. I just think its too risky.

3) I am conflicted. There is nothing worse then being a good team from top to bottom and not having a good QB. As I said before... I'd rather have holes and a stud QB than have less holes and no QB. If Wentz turns out to be a stud they literally have from today to 2030 to fill the holes. But if he sucks they are gonna to be a bad team for a pretty long while. My absolute nightmare is they come out and play HORRIFICALLY and have to hand over a top 3 pick to Cleveland.

4) I think I read early 1st round QB's have a 35% success rate. Eagles management is rolling the dice with the odds against them praying for a 7.

Nick Hope your doing well and Your family is all in good shape .

Eagles paid 2 much IMHO but I also believe that they are going to get a really good QB. I honestly believe that your giving Cleveland a top10 pick next year. that's the cost of trading up and having to give up so much. As long as they let Wentz learn and just don't throw him to the wolves he will be just fine. Todays NFL puts 2 much on young QB's and wants them to start right off, to many fail under the pressure. I thought they were going to get Troy killed back in the 90's but he made it out poor David Carr in Houston was never the same and he was a awesome prospect out of college.

The deal they pulled should have been reserved for when they had a anomaly year like Dallas last year or when the roster was further along.

Time will tell but I believe Wentz will be just fine.

Maybe this deal pulls the Browns out of the toilet. No offense but I really liked to watch the old browns before Modell bolted for Baltimore that was a long long time ago. Kinda sucks to watch a all time team from the NFL fail year after year because of ownership stupidity.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Hope your doing well and Your family is all in good shape .

Eagles paid 2 much IMHO but I also believe that they are going to get a really good QB. I honestly believe that your giving Cleveland a top10 pick next year. that's the cost of trading up and having to give up so much. As long as they let Wentz learn and just don't throw him to the wolves he will be just fine. Todays NFL puts 2 much on young QB's and wants them to start right off, to many fail under the pressure. I thought they were going to get Troy killed back in the 90's but he made it out poor David Carr in Houston was never the same and he was a awesome prospect out of college.

The deal they pulled should have been reserved for when they had a anomaly year like Dallas last year or when the roster was further along.

Time will tell but I believe Wentz will be just fine.

Maybe this deal pulls the Browns out of the toilet. No offense but I really liked to watch the old browns before Modell bolted for Baltimore that was a long long time ago. Kinda sucks to watch a all time team from the NFL fail year after year because of ownership stupidity.

Thanks brother. All is well.

I will cry if we hand over an elite pick next year to Cleveland. I dont think it will be top ten. I think they'll be a 7-9 to 8-8 team. The problem is over the last 15 months they've been dealing away too many high draft picks and it NEVER works when you build a team via FA... NEVER!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if you trade that many picks but hit on the QB, it could work out for you...in 3-5 years. It'll take(IMO) Wentz a few years to develop, and a couple more for the Eagles to surround him with talent after giving away the farm. If you miss, or in this case, rush the kid along before he is ready and ruin him, it could set you back 10 years, like the Browns with Tom Couch

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if you trade that many picks but hit on the QB, it could work out for you...in 3-5 years. It'll take(IMO) Wentz a few years to develop, and a couple more for the Eagles to surround him with talent after giving away the farm. If you miss, or in this case, rush the kid along before he is ready and ruin him, it could set you back 10 years, like the Browns with Tom Couch
Taking Wentz is NOT the problem, trading all those picks are the problem, I'd love to see Dallas draft Wentz, that's drafting Wentz at 4 with all their picks still in hand. If Philly already had the 2nd pick and took Wentz I'd say great pick, again it's not the player I have an issue with, it's the cost they paid to do so.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't agree with your other comments on the trade, but pretty much agree with this

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't agree with your other comments on the trade, but pretty much agree with this

All I was saying before is the Eagles didn't get raped. They paid the going rate. Escalade are $75,000 and very expensive but if you pay $75,000 for one, you didn't get raped.

After reading many articles I think they should have taken another T. Go look at Bradford last 7 games. His numbers are actually really good especially considering the OLINE and WRs were poor.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see this working out is if Bradford plays great and they can recoup a nice pick to a QB hungry team. Not very likely though.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I was saying before is the Eagles didn't get raped. They paid the going rate. Escalade are $75,000 and very expensive but if you pay $75,000 for one, you didn't get raped.

After reading many articles I think they should have taken another T. Go look at Bradford last 7 games. His numbers are actually really good especially considering the OLINE and WRs were poor.
Problem is you may be paying the Escolade price for a Pinto.
If you think the Eagles paid a fair price I will have to politely disagree. I think Wentz will be a very good NFL QB, he has all the tools, but the problem is I ONLY think he gonna be an NFL QB to many questions about him for that Escolade price.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess where we differ in thinking is that if Wentz is a good QB then it was a great trade up IMO. But I don't like it because the huge risk. But if he's a stud for the next 15 years the Eagles will have 14 first round picks to fill holes instead of 15. But, like I said... the percentages show its a big risk that will hurt. Time will tell.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said all along I'd be targeting OT or maybe Elliot if I were them.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asking the question....

Has it been said anywhere that LA is in fact taking Goff over Wentz? I think Wentz is the #1 pick and Philly is stuck with Goff - not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asking the question....

Has it been said anywhere that LA is in fact taking Goff over Wentz? I think Wentz is the #1 pick and Philly is stuck with Goff - not that it is necessarily a bad thing.
Just rumor and hearsay. That is why I said from the start that Philly needs to be comfortable with both QBs if they make this trade. That's part of what I don't like about it. Personally I expect Goff to go first because I think he is a better prospect. We will find out in a few days...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those rumors and hearsay have the Rams taking Goff and the Eagles wanting Wentz. Whoever Philly takes I hope is a colossal BUST.