• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles move up to #2

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Wentz or Goff will be good but it wasn't r*pe. It was exactly even on the trade value charts. Exact. Redskins have up 3 number ones to move up less spots.
And Cleveland is thanking God Philly still uses that old chart method...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the trade charts, Philly gave up too much for one of these QBs, IMO. Just a weak class for QBs - so much so that a D2 guy with 18 career starts(?) is probably going 1st. Would have been better to stay put at #8 and hope for Elliot, or draft Oline and keep the picks.
This:dingdingding:

It's about who you will get versus who you could have gotten, Chart or no chart that is all it really comes down to.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This:dingdingding:

It's about who you will get versus who you could have gotten, Chart or no chart that is all it really comes down to.

True. I just don't think Philly got raped. The Skins paid a lot more for RG3 but he was a better prospect than Wentz. I'm gonna wait and see before I make a decision. Wentz could be Brady or he could be Ryan Leif. I never watched him play.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I just don't think Philly got raped. The Skins paid a lot more for RG3 but he was a better prospect than Wentz. I'm gonna wait and see before I make a decision. Wentz could be Brady or he could be Ryan Leif. I never watched him play.
okay, okay...the eagles got raped less. :nod:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my biggest issue. I think Wentz and Goff look OK in the vacuum of the 2016 draft. If you want QB it costs to move up to get one. The reason I think it is a poor trade for both Eagles and Rams is because I think when you step back and look at these QBs compared to other incoming "top of the draft" type NFL QBs they fall short. So I don't look at it as the Eagles trading the #8 pick for the #2 pick. I look at it as the Eagles trading an OT or RB that could make them a better team, plus a bunch of other picks for a guy that I just don't think is going to be a very good QB. If Howie feels Wentz and Goff (you don't know which you even traded for) will be stud QBs then you made a much better trade than I am giving them credit for whether it works out or not. But IMO it stands as a very bad trade. But don't worry, no one has offered me a job as an NFL scout...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO a better move for Philly and Stl (LA?) would have been take your best player in the first and focus on a package to get one of the other QBs in the draft instead. these early draft picks are gold. You need to hit on them. Look how much better of a team Dallas would have been over the last few years if Claiborne turned out to be Revis...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, okay...the eagles got raped less. :nod:

Again, they paid exactly market price. I know you can't be objective but if the tables were turned you'd rip me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, they paid exactly market price. I know you can't be objective but if the tables were turned you'd rip me.
it's funny how some of you just assume it's just me

here is the deal. The eagles have one first, one second, and two third round selections over the next THREE Drafts. Market price you say? Well I hope the skins pay market price for Norman too.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how much better of a team Dallas would have been over the last few years if Claiborne turned out to be Revis...

I would have settled for Leon Hall or something.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's funny how some of you just assume it's just me

here is the deal. The eagles have one first, one second, and two third round selections over the next THREE Drafts. Market price you say? Well I hope the skins pay market price for Norman too.

Not true.
They have 2 first round picks over the next 3 years. 2016, 2018.
They have 3 thirds in the next 3 years cause they had an extra one this year.

My issue is this. I don't know if it was worth it or not. If Wentz is a star its totally worth it. But coming on here saying Philly got raped is essentially saying, "I know more then the Eagles organization". Maybe the Eagles are wrong but no fan knows. Did you watch Wentz this year, analyze his throws? I didn't.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.
They have 2 first round picks over the next 3 years. 2016, 2018.
They have 3 thirds in the next 3 years cause they had an extra one this year.

My issue is this. I don't know if it was worth it or not. If Wentz is a star its totally worth it. But coming on here saying Philly got raped is essentially saying, "I know more then the Eagles organization". Maybe the Eagles are wrong but no fan knows. Did you watch Wentz this year, analyze his throws? I didn't.
I only said raped cause you did.
My opinion remains the eagles have as many holes or question marks as Dallas and I'm happy we have our picks. I wanted somebody to deal with Cleveland so QB went 1&2 to better push Ramsey to Dallas. Being it was philly is a bonus.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that we can't think a rival teamed screwed up. Funny it is stated one doesn't post on a rivals team board because the board it full if homerism, but we need to be rival Homers here.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that we can't think a rival teamed screwed up. Funny it is stated one doesn't post on a rivals team board because the board it full if homerism, but we need to be rival Homers here.
All I'm trying to say is no one really knows. If he's the next Brady was Philly wrong? People pretending like they're scouts and watched Wentz play this year. People acting like Philly got robbed when it's the normal going rate. I didn't watch Wentz play once so I'm waiting to see if Philly nailed it or blew it.
All this worked out well for Dallas because I did see Ramsey and he looked great to me.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm trying to say is no one really knows. If he's the next Brady was Philly wrong? People pretending like they're scouts and watched Wentz play this year. People acting like Philly got robbed when it's the normal going rate. I didn't watch Wentz play once so I'm waiting to see if Philly nailed it or blew it.
All this worked out well for Dallas because I did see Ramsey and he looked great to me.
Then why try to change the mind of a cowboy fan? If he were to say it was a great trade for the a Eagles, as some on the Eagles board are saying would you challenge him?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only said raped cause you did.
My opinion remains the eagles have as many holes or question marks as Dallas and I'm happy we have our picks. I wanted somebody to deal with Cleveland so QB went 1&2 to better push Ramsey to Dallas. Being it was philly is a bonus.

Someone earlier in this thread said Philly got raped. I was responding to him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why try to change the mind of a cowboy fan? If he were to say it was a great trade for the a Eagles, as some on the Eagles board are saying would you challenge him?

It would make just as little sense.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Wentz long before he climbed the boards to the top of round 1, and if Dallas took him at 4 I'd be good with it but no way did I want to trade up to get him. To much of a question mark for that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Wentz or Goff will be good but it wasn't r*pe. It was exactly even on the trade value charts. Exact. Redskins have up 3 number ones to move up less spots.
so you are comparing the Eagles being raped to the Skins being gang raped. Still neither is a good thing.
But would love to trade our #4 for some of those chart trade value #'s
I am still in shock the Browns made a good move!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Wentz long before he climbed the boards to the top of round 1, and if Dallas took him at 4 I'd be good with it but no way did I want to trade up to get him. To much of a question mark for that.
Exactly!!! But you did not get the memo from Eagle fans that you must believe that everything management does must be right. I work with an Eagle fan who praises everything they do. He was a big chip fan and now he says chip stinks :lol:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off the worst part of the trade is you don't even know which QB you traded for. You cannot zero in on Wentz when the pick has yet to be made. If you only like one of the two players you may have made one of the worst trades in history if the Rams take your guy. Plus injury or arrest or drug use or something else could arise since you made the trade a week before the draft.

But, if it is Wentz you end up with IMO it comes down to whether Howie thinks a kid from North Dakota St that no one watched (except Colors so don't say no one) is going to be a great, face of the franchise, top starting QB in this draft or did he just think he was the best of the bunch in the 2016 draft? If he truly thinks this kid is going to be a star it is a good trade regardless of how it pans out. But I think the reason so many have issues with it is because these kids both seem to have a lot of warts. You are trading up for a player, not a draft spot. Chart or no chart, plot out what you could do for your team with the picks you have before the trade and your two current QBs and tell me if you'd rather have Wentz and what is left of your picks. Peyton Manning, yeah good trade. Wentz...I just don't see it.