• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns trying to make another move for Bradford

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade would essentially be Bradford for a first. The other elements are minor.

I can understand your logic, Boykin in the last year of his contract, maybe we should get something for him, doesn't fit into the future plans etc, but essentially you're giving Boykin to the Browns for Manziel? Really? We can do better than that.

I'd rather use Boykin as a piece to try and trade up to the Dolphins pick at 14, especially if one of those stud receivers drops there (a bit of wishful thinking on my part).

Like I said before, at this point, if the Browns are really that desperate and hard for Bradford, I want BOTH of their firsts, or we're not talking at all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boykins for Manziel sounds about right honestly. What do you think Boykins can command in a trade?

G

greenwing

Id like to think at this point you could just trade a mid round pick for Johnny. Or just wait for the browns to cut him.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boykins for Manziel sounds about right honestly. What do you think Boykins can command in a trade?

I don't see why we couldn't get a fourth for him, or if there's legs to the rumours about the Dolphins being interested, then as I mentioned before try to package him w/ 20 to get up to 14, depending on if someone is there that is worth trading up for. IMO, Manziel doesn't even command a sixth or seventh at this point. Who in the league is going to trade anything for a guy fresh out of rehab with less than a season of suspect play under his belt?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Johnny Football in Philly! LMAO! Oh man how funny would that be.....The kid comes in gets his act together and becomes the next Fran Tarkenton! And if he blows so what we get Clevelands first rd pick....i'm listening!!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some actual reporters are starting to say this is a BS rumor on Twitter.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's all over Philly talk shows. Keep in mind, that Bradford would not report to Cleveland, if this would be true, which it's not. And, the Eagles should not take Manziel under any circumstances, especially after jettisoning DJACK, Maclin, and Shady. We'd be going in reverse. If we get the #12 pick, then I'd listen, but again, it would take a real sell job to get Bradford's approval. He said last month, that if he got traded, he would play out his contact, and not re-sign with the Browns. If we got the #12 pick, then we'd have the ammo to trade up with the Titans or Jets to get MM.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the fuck is the point of that? Fucking shit people. First Mariota and now Manziel (again!), what the hell is wrong with you people?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Johnny Football in Philly! LMAO! Oh man how funny would that be.....The kid comes in gets his act together and becomes the next Fran Tarkenton! And if he blows so what we get Clevelands first rd pick....i'm listening!!!

Oops sorry Iggloo, my apologies. I should have saved my "WTF" for Wings deranged post.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...it would take a real sell job to get Bradford's approval. He said last month, that if he got traded, he would play out his contact, and not re-sign with the Browns.

This is the most beautiful thing I've read in this thread. Did he really say that? Man, I hope if Chip really is dumb enough to trade up for Mariota that Bradford blows it for him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops sorry Iggloo, my apologies. I should have saved my "WTF" for Wings deranged post.

E-Nut, I have never seen you like this. Are you so upset with Chip? Lets give him some slack until we at least finish preseason before we bury him. All these things are rumors.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rumor is getting a lot of attention on social media, but until I see someone reputable confirm it, color me skeptical.

That said, this is the kind of deal Chip would do. We know he liked Manziel--he recruited him to Oregon. We know the Browns coveted Bradford. I could see something happening, with maybe the Eagles throwing in a player like Boykin.

Boykin and Bradford for Manziel and the #19 overall selection.

Chip had the chance to draft him last year, before we traded down. The fact that he passed on Manziel then leads me to believe that this rumor is utter nonsense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-Nut, I have never seen you like this. Are you so upset with Chip? Lets give him some slack until we at least finish preseason before we bury him. All these things are rumors.

Wings knows what I think of Manziel. How he's a one trick pony whose one trick doesn't work in the NFL. And that anyone can throw it up to Mike Evans.

I'm not upset with Chip at all really. I'm mostly upset with all the fans who think Kordell Stewart would be better for this offense than Tom Brady.

I'm totally cool with Chip if he doesn't make any moves at QB. But I'm worried.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had already been stated that the Browns offered their #1 for Bradford and got shut down. With Foles and Sanches the Eagles had the #5 total offense and the #3 scoring offense in the NFL. A healthy Bradford is better than both of them combined. I am willing to go so far to say that a healthy Bradford is in the upper half of QB's in the NFL. A lot is being placed on him being healthy and I can see why that has some worried because it has me worried.

CK has stated that he does not need a running QB to be successful in the NFL with his offense and he has proven that already. With the running backs we now have an an accurate Bradford there is no telling what this offense can do.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip doesn't NEED to have a running QB, but a very mobile QB absolutely makes his O more deadly. Of course the most important attributes are accuracy, and a quick release plus quick decisions, which were lacking somewhat with Nick. Sanchez has the quick release and mobility, but not accuracy, hence the desire of chip to get Bradford. If Chip stands pat (doubtful), and picks #20, we certainly expect him to draft a QB at some point.

Chip should offer Barkley to the Browns. ;)

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to fire eaglesnut up and I succeeded...LOL.....He hates Johnny Football...I get it I felt the same way about TEBOW when so many were on his jock. I thought Tebow was the worst QB I had ever seen...Enut may be right johnny Football may not be an NFL QB, i'm not sure if we will ever find out simply because he has a drinking problem, and an attitude problem.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked Manziel

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now there are reports that some Eagles stores are not selling Bradford jerseys. Conspiracy theorists think this means a deal is going down. I think it merely means that they don't want to do a lot of refunds and are probably still reeling from the Foles and Shady trades, which left them with racks of jerseys that are worthless...so they are waiting until at least after the draft to get on the Bradford bandwagon.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the two are related, if I were a retailer I wouldn't be ordering any new player jerseys for sale either with all the craziness we have experienced this offseason.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see with this is Bradford will be a free agent next year. So no way the Browns would give up a first rd pick for the use of Bradford for one year. I doubt Bradford wants to go to the Browns so he wont sign an extension to go there for multiple years.