• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford just feels like a Redskins move to me

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this tandler piece in another thread. But I figure it needs its own life.

Now that the Minnesota Vikings’ season is over, the team can start sorting out its quarterback situation. The Redskins will be watching the process with great interest.

Minnesota has three quarterbacks who have significant NFL starting experience and all three of them are free agents. It would be difficult for the Vikings to keep more than one of the trio of Sam Bradford (80 NFL starts), Case Keenum (38), and Teddy Bridgewater (28). All three would like to start, or at least have an opportunity to start, in 2018. The Vikings will only be able to accommodate one of them.

MORE REDSKINS: LOOKING AT SENIOR BOWL QUARTERBACKS

That would leave two experienced quarterbacks on the market. As you may have heard, the Redskins could be parting ways with Kirk Cousins. Would they be interested in any of the three possible ex-Vikings? Let’s take a look at each of them:

Sam Bradford, age 30 at start of 2018 season—After the Rams made him the No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft, he had four up and down years in St. Louis. He was traded to the Eagles for Nick Foles. Philly flipped him to the Vikings after Bridgewater was injured before the 2016 season. Bradford had a career year in his first year there but a knee injury limited him to two starts in 2017.
Fit with the Redskins: He is the most likely of the three to end up on the free agent market and he could end up costing the least. Bradford was very productive in 2016 and he would be a good fit in Jay Gruden’s offense. But the injury bug is a major red flag. He has missed 48 of a possible 128 games with injuries including 14 last season and the entire 2014 season.

Teddy Bridgewater, age 25—He was going to be the Vikings’ franchise quarterback after they drafted him in the first round in 2014. Bridgewater led the Vikings to an 11-5 record and a division title his second season and they were a missed chip shot field goal away from advancing to the divisional round. But a devastating knee injury suffered before the 2016 season has put his future in doubt. It put him on the injury list for all of 2016 and most of last year.
Fit with the Redskins: The story now is that the organization is torn between keeping Bridgewater or sticking with Keenum. Bridgewater also could fit into Gruden’s offense. Bridgewater is by far the youngest of the three and he could be more of a long-term solution. The knee is the reason why the Vikings can’t move on and there is uncertainty over whether it will ever be 100-percent.

RELATED: NFL MOCK DRAFT 4.0

Case Keenum, age 30—The Vikings are the third stop in his six NFL seasons. He had stints as the starter in Houston and with the Rams before landing in Minnesota as a free agent last March. When Bradford was injured in Week 1 in came Keenum and he had a career year, completing 67.6 percent of his passes with 22 touchdowns and seven interceptions. The Vikings had an excellent defense but it’s unlikely that they reach the NFC championship game without Keenum.
Fit with Redskins: Is Keenum a one-year wonder? Or did his show is ability given a chance? Look at this table to compare his first season as a starter with Kirk Cousins’ 2015 season. Keenum had 62 fewer attempts so the yardage total is lower, but their performances are comparable. But if the Vikings let him go, will the Redskins risk a multi-year deal that probably will be in excess of $20 million per year on a guy with one solid year on his resume? They were unwilling to do it with Cousins a few years ago.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now having posted the article, to me Bradford just feels like a Redskins kinda move. Sort of like Jeff George over Brad Johnson.

I don't think the Vikings keep Bradford or Kennum. I think they go all in on Teddy, Bradford and Kennum hit FA. Bradford lets them get a QB Dan will be good with, at a cost less than Kirk. And it just fits the Redskins way of chasing former first rounders and other teams stars.

Ready....

Go. :suds::D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about that reading the post of the three QBs just before reading your post and my thought was Shanahan was supposedly a big fan of Bradford. Could that thought be carried over by the front office .... I guess in either direction.

My thought is Bradford and Teddy are big injury risks.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bradford is definitely a Redskin’s type move. I think he is the best fit as well. He also is the one I want least.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bradford is definitely a Redskin’s type move. I think he is the best fit as well. He also is the one I want least.

Its entirely too early in the year for us to be agreeing on anything.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should stick with the move that we know, they will make. Tagging Kirk with the proviso that Bruce insists that they aren't far apart on a deal that's never made.

Guys, I have a terrible feeling that Bruce is going to hold on to the thought that he can low ball Kirk into signing until he leaves.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now having posted the article, to me Bradford just feels like a Redskins kinda move. Sort of like Jeff George over Brad Johnson.

I don't think the Vikings keep Bradford or Kennum. I think they go all in on Teddy, Bradford and Kennum hit FA. Bradford lets them get a QB Dan will be good with, at a cost less than Kirk. And it just fits the Redskins way of chasing former first rounders and other teams stars.

Ready....

Go. :suds::D

Far as Redskin moves go. The real Redskin move was how Charley Casserly was straight bamboozled by Dennis Green or whoever. Casserly gave up the 11th pick, and the 73rd pick (3rd rd) of the 1999 draft and a 2nd rd in 2000 for Johnson's noodle armed ass.

Last edited:

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol im really sure gruden is like man we need bradford get real damn dudes

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should stick with the move that we know, they will make. Tagging Kirk with the proviso that Bruce insists that they aren't far apart on a deal that's never made.

Guys, I have a terrible feeling that Bruce is going to hold on to the thought that he can low ball Kirk into signing until he leaves.

One more tag and he has his guaranteed $80 million. :scratch:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bridgewater is going to be the guy that ends up getting cast out of Minny, and somewhere like DC. He was a healthy scratch for the NFC title game, with Bradford active as backup. That tells you what they think.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Native American as our QB has so many interesting possibilities. Imagine Bradford singing HTTR with adoring Redskins fans after a win…maybe even Sty would join in.

But, pass...he's broken

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4jKKY2t.gif

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like bridgewater ... does anyone expect him to get back to where he was before the injury ?

vikings are for sure going to lose 2 out of those 3 to free agency

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the great unknown Krush, how well does Teddy recover from basically two years off. Age 25 is attractive.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a really good move on Madden with the injuries set to "off"

In real life you better have a good back up QB, good running game and a good defense as well as some good weapons at WR and TE

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In real life you better have a good back up QB, good running game and a good defense as well as some good weapons at WR and TE

Oh Shit...Can we get by without a good back-up QB, not a good defense or running game, unproven WR corps, and an injury prone TE?

Well, I hope so, because other than those things, I think that we're good!:D