• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos fans. Rank these four potential QB options...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have to go Kap only cause he could still use his wheels

I see RG3 as pretty useless now with his broken wheels

No matter what, Denver for me has become a 7-9 team pretty damn quick

More cause of the defensive hits than the QB hit

So losing 2 starters is going to sink this defense? Hmmm interesting. Also considering both while starters were also part of a rotation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it would be

1) Kaepernick--Broncos have been practicing against him for a couple of years during training camp and were impressed. Throw in Kubiak's system is at its best with a mobile athletic QB so I think he could do fine
2) RGIII--Some of the same traits. Injury history worries me maybe the most
3) Fitzpatrick--With most of our defensive pieces still in place it should still be a great defense in this league. We need a QB that can manage the game and Fitz fits that perfectly.
4) Draft pick

No way I touch Manziel or Tebow. Just can't see that working out at all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm....I wouldn't...but you could.

:thumb:

If Elway was uninterested in paying his own guy $18M per, would he pay something close for Fitz? We have no idea what RG3 will want, and Kaep will cost $15M+ against the cap, plus a draft pick at minimum. They may go the cheap route, but that doesn't mean only Mett of course.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Matt Shaub?:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elway was uninterested in paying his own guy $18M per, would he pay something close for Fitz? We have no idea what RG3 will want, and Kaep will cost $15M+ against the cap, plus a draft pick at minimum. They may go the cheap route, but that doesn't mean only Mett of course.

From the sound of it Kaepernick's side said they are willing to renegotiate his deal so if he goes to the Broncos or anywhere else he will be a lower cap hit than that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a surprise to me, but I guess it's a homecoming stop to end his career if nothing else.

Just goes to show ya w/ Shaub still in the league even a decent back-up QB is tough to find. I really thought he was outta the NFL.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC...I can go along with all of that except JM...he's not NFL starter material...no way would I even consider him over RG3 or Kaep.

Both RG3 and Kaep come with their own set of problems (that's why they are on the market, right?) but talent wise both are considerably ahead of Manziel imo. Dumb it down if you need to and build them back up...basically what Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

In either case I agree they need a backup plan from the draft.

Well Kap has the experience but pretty much the same skill set as JM...More proven although still mediocre and will cost a whole lot more to get and pay than JM....
Brian Hoyer may be another one to try in that system, what could it hurt.....
Or better yet Kubes should have brought his boy Schaub back in the fold, I think we paid Atlanta to take him, or should have anyway....
:lol:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the original list...

Kaep.. Had a bad year last year, but physically as long as his shoulder is ok, seems like the best bet on the list. The one I could see having success, but the chance isn't great.

RGIII. Would love to see him play like he did as a rookie, but really think those days are gone, Not sure what Kubiak will do that Shanahan couldn't in 2013.

Manziel.. No

Tebow. Gator fan here, but hell no.

The one issue I have with all of these guys, is that while I like the mobility, running QB plus questionable line could be really really bad.

Others..

Fitzpatrick. Limited player, and I think played an outlier season last year but smart guy and solid. 34 and would be on his 5th team in 5 years and supposedly turned down multi-year 13 mil a year offer, which is too much if you ask me. But best fit of whats out there

AJ McCarron. What would it take to get Cincy to part with a good backup who costs them nothing over the next two years though? Not sure I'd take a end of the 2nd round pick from Denver for him to be honest.

Any of them, I would be drafting a QB if there's one I like of the 2nd tier guys no matter who of those is signed.

Just my thoughts, not a Bronco fan, Eagles fan but follow them well and like the team.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on a local SF TV news sports segment..the Kaep to Denver deal could be done by tonight or tomorrow.

I read that they have been in touch with Fitz already....Pretty dumb of Elway not to have a backup plan for this scenario....Bad handling on his part unless he hasn't shown his hand yet...

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with A.J. McCarron? I don't know if the Bengals are making him available. I was a believer in A.J. when he was drafted, and that belief has only strengthened with his play this season. I think he's starter-caliber.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Kaepernick; (2) RGIII; (3) Manziel; (4) Tebow

It's astonishing to think that one of these guys is on Elway's radar!
I think they are in a 4 way tie right behind Larry, Moe and Curly...