• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos @ Chiefs

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, the dude catches a td and people forget about the big drop he had earlier in the game. He does that at least once a game. People crucify Jeudy for all his drops but Albert O is just as bad.
Seriously?!?! Dude hasn't played for WEEKS!
Albert O is just as good as Dulcich and heck alot better than Seubert/Tomlinson.
Hackett was as bad as McDaniels!

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just the Albert O change either. The shakeup on special teams and OL was long overdue and it resulted in improvements (although small by the OL) in one week. This was stuff that should have been identified and at least attempted to be fixed over the season yet nothing changed over 16 weeks. If someone like Rosberg can identify and make those changes that quickly I just don't get why Hackett didn't. The KC game did give me hope that a competent coach and OL upgrades can get this train back on the tracks next year.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just the Albert O change either. The shakeup on special teams and OL was long overdue and it resulted in improvements (although small by the OL) in one week. This was stuff that should have been identified and at least attempted to be fixed over the season yet nothing changed over 16 weeks. If someone like Rosberg can identify and make those changes that quickly I just don't get why Hackett didn't. The KC game did give me hope that a competent coach and OL upgrades can get this train back on the tracks next year.
Singing to the choir. I agree with these thoughts, MB. The team never showed significant (if any) improvement this year. #groundhogweek

We have to elevate the OL capabilities. The goal should be to find the next Tom Nalen and fix the beast from the inside out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly, the saddest part of the season is the opening game against the Seahawks was arguably the best game the Broncos played all year.

Two Hackett innovations didn't work at all: 1) The all young coaching staff wasn't offset by hiring experienced NFL Coaches as advisors; 2) The virtual reality training on the plays also didn't work to offset a very complex offense.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!?! Dude hasn't played for WEEKS!
Albert O is just as good as Dulcich and heck alot better than Seubert/Tomlinson.
Hackett was as bad as McDaniels!
He’s better than those guys when he actually catches the ball, which isn’t a given and more 50-50 than you’d like your #1 TE to be.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep it simple here folks.

Tomlinson is a blocking TE he serves a purpose.
Saubert is a depth TE and one of our better St's players.
Albert O had a lot of drops and wasn't gaining separation.
Beck plays special teams (not good at it but he plays it) and fills our FB spot.

Albert O was active when Dulcich was hurt.

Dulcich came back. What role then does Albert O serve other then rec TE if Dulcich goes down? The other 3 serve a role and specialty that Albert O does not.

You aren't going to not dress your blocking TE, your FB/ST's (x2) guy because they fill another role. You are unlikely to dress 5 TE's. Albert O was the odd man out on gameday because he was not performing better then Dulcich at TE, he is not our blocking TE and he doesn't play special teams.

If the TE position was only based off a TE's ability to catch the ball then Albert O would be active because while he drops passes he gets open better then the others and has more upside there as a receiver then the others. But when we are talking about the TE position, they have to be able to fill other roles. You can't dress 3 or 4 rec TE's and not worry about other phases of the game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep it simple here folks.

Tomlinson is a blocking TE he serves a purpose.
Saubert is a depth TE and one of our better St's players.
Albert O had a lot of drops and wasn't gaining separation.
Beck plays special teams (not good at it but he plays it) and fills our FB spot.

Albert O was active when Dulcich was hurt.

Dulcich came back. What role then does Albert O serve other then rec TE if Dulcich goes down? The other 3 serve a role and specialty that Albert O does not.

You aren't going to not dress your blocking TE, your FB/ST's (x2) guy because they fill another role. You are unlikely to dress 5 TE's. Albert O was the odd man out on gameday because he was not performing better then Dulcich at TE, he is not our blocking TE and he doesn't play special teams.

If the TE position was only based off a TE's ability to catch the ball then Albert O would be active because while he drops passes he gets open better then the others and has more upside there as a receiver then the others. But when we are talking about the TE position, they have to be able to fill other roles. You can't dress 3 or 4 rec TE's and not worry about other phases of the game.
Wasn't getting separation, but gets open better than others? I don't think it was as academic as you suggest DC.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't getting separation, but gets open better than others? I don't think it was as academic as you suggest DC.

In other words his catches were small gains thus not helping us move the chains and he also had drop issues. Until the game yesterday if you go back the past few years and watch Albert O he is getting short passes and making them into nothing. Gaining 1/2 yards after the catches the ball.
I will stand by what I said. The others served a role away from the TE position or as blocking TE's which is why Albert O was inactive and they were not. You have followed football long enough to know that when you aren't the teams #1 rec TE you better serve another role to help the team to be on the field. Saubert, Beck and Tomlinson have roles that Dulcich and Albert O don't offer and Dulcich became our #1 rec TE. Simple as that. You don't often dress a guy who isn't going to help you on gameday barring an injury. Albert O was not going to get receiving snaps over Dulcich. He just that job with Dulcich taking advantage of the opportunity and Albert O not stretching the field.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words his catches were small gains thus not helping us move the chains and he also had drop issues. Until the game yesterday if you go back the past few years and watch Albert O he is getting short passes and making them into nothing. Gaining 1/2 yards after the catches the ball.
I will stand by what I said. The others served a role away from the TE position or as blocking TE's which is why Albert O was inactive and they were not. You have followed football long enough to know that when you aren't the teams #1 rec TE you better serve another role to help the team to be on the field. Saubert, Beck and Tomlinson have roles that Dulcich and Albert O don't offer and Dulcich became our #1 rec TE. Simple as that. You don't often dress a guy who isn't going to help you on gameday barring an injury. Albert O was not going to get receiving snaps over Dulcich. He just that job with Dulcich taking advantage of the opportunity and Albert O not stretching the field.
Given what was going on in the WR room and the otherwise putrid stench of the offense perhaps they should have dressed 5 TEs and mismatched the short passing. The extra big bodies may have provided enough protection to allow Russ to get to TWO whole ‘Mississippis’ before he had to throw the ball. :rolleyes2: