• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: Isaiah Thomas, More Traded to Lakers for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA just got some entertainment. Papa Ball vs IT.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the reasoning behind it. But I'm taking it face value until a free agent actually signs a contract, not going to act like LBJ/PG coming to LA is a sure thing. The Lakers have been winning games lately so maybe this is a tank move, especially if they don't plan on using Thomas.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron doesn't like IT, so this was coming. It also puts LA out of the question for Lebron, assuming IT stays.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ice cube hates the trade lol

I think it was a great trade and possibly a good trade for the lakers tbh. I absolutely hated IT...
I actually was wondering why the Cavs would make this move until I read the article - Isaiah didn't fit in with Lebron because the dude is a lot like Kobe and there is no room for him(IT) to grow as a young player. Jordan Clarkson running the point is about as good as he ever will be and will be glad to play second fiddle to James. Nance brings some youth and will also get to grow with more minutes. It turned out to be better for both teams then I thought at first

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only a good trade if they get two legit max players. If they don’t, it’s worthless
Not necessarily - the Lakers have a core of young players that have the potential to be as good as the Warriors Curry and Thompson. They could easily wait another year until the 2019 free agency and hang on to Deng another year and then wave and stretch or they could re-sign Randle which they might do any way and then sign either Paul George If he is available or Demarcus Cousins and then pick up another free agent next summer. The Lakers are playing just as good right now without Clarkson and Nance - in fact they are up by 20 points tonight against Oklahoma - go figure that one out

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually was wondering why the Cavs would make this move until I read the article - Isaiah didn't fit in with Lebron because the dude is a lot like Kobe and there is no room for him(IT) to grow as a young player. Jordan Clarkson running the point is about as good as he ever will be and will be glad to play second fiddle to James. Nance brings some youth and will also get to grow with more minutes. It turned out to be better for both teams then I thought at first

A young player? IT's 29. I could see calling him a young player if he was in his early 20's. IT's nearing the end of his career, not starting it. Although all I care about is the Celtics winning it all. Which isn't happening because of the loaded Warriors. I don't think there's a team in the league that can beat G.S. in a 7 game series.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A young player? IT's 29. I could see calling him a young player if he was in his early 20's. IT's nearing the end of his career, not starting it. Although all I care about is the Celtics winning it all. Which isn't happening because of the loaded Warriors. I don't think there's a team in the league that can beat G.S. in a 7 game series.
I was thinking he was younger - but he will be history this summer - the Lakers will not want to sign him long term. He is difficult to deal with and gave the Cavaliers to many problems.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not right now - any way - Some where in the next two years, though some one will challenge them

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking he was younger - but he will be history this summer - the Lakers will not want to sign him long term. He is difficult to deal with and gave the Cavaliers to many problems.

Yeah I think IT will have a tough time seeking the long term deal he wants.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding James and PG is back in play next summer.

Or waiting till the summer of 2019 to add max players.

Or adding 1 max guy this offseason and 1 in the summer of 2019.

It was never out of play. What do people not understand about this? Clarkson and Nance are good players and fair contracts. Any number of teams would trade for them come this summer if they needed to be moved. Revoke Randle's rights and stretch Deng, and they would have had room (which still are gonna have to happen if they want to max slots). This isn't hard to do. People out here acting like if LA didn't make this trade they were locked into salary cap hell like Portland or Charlotte for the next 5 years or some shit. None of that is true. They didn't gain any significant tangible flexibility. Lebron and PG are no closer to joining. They just shipped out two assets early with no guarantees. That's all that happened. Considering plenty of teams that are in tight cap situations agree to deals with free agents in the offseason, trade pieces to clear space, and sign that player all within the span of a couple of days, I'd much rather take the less risky path of keeping my assets until I absolutely have to part with them.

Let's put it simply. The Lakers took their shot 100 yards from the target when they could wait 4 months and take their shot 20 yards from the target. They could still hit the target, but the 20 yard shot is an easier shot to hit.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not right now - any way - Some where in the next two years, though some one will challenge them

Couldn't agree more. No way they win more than the next two. And the way to bet is the team making changes after that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing lasts forever - Time marches on - ya know?:lol:
LOL nothing, exactly right. I really don't think we will ever see another 4-peat in the NBA, and 3 will be extremely tough.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put it simply. The Lakers took their shot 100 yards from the target when they could wait 4 months and take their shot 20 yards from the target. They could still hit the target, but the 20 yard shot is an easier shot to hit.

And what if Clarkson or Larry got injured in the next couple of days and were out for the season? Just see what happened to Boogie or Love who were heavy targets for the Lakers. Heck, if Love wasn't injured he'd probably be on the Lakers right now instead of IT.

Don't get me wrong. JC was my favorite player on the team but the Lakers made the right move. Now their cap space is 100% guaranteed.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance will be welcomed with open arms in Cleveland. They basically have 2 Tristan Thompson's now and Jordan Clarkson was really heating up lately. Makes you wonder how much of an upgrade over Clarkson, Thomas even is. It's an odd move, the odd moves aren't stopping just because Jim Buss isn't at the helm anymore it seems.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance will be welcomed with open arms in Cleveland. They basically have 2 Tristan Thompson's now and Jordan Clarkson was really heating up lately. Makes you wonder how much of an upgrade over Clarkson, Thomas even is. It's an odd move, the odd moves aren't stopping just because Jim Buss isn't at the helm anymore it seems.

How is clearing cap space an odd move? They can now guarantee two max players. Magic and Rob wouldn't have done this if they weren't confident in landing at least one star.

If Clarkson had gotten a season ending injury their plan would be ruined.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually think adding Lebron and PG this offseason makes the Lakers a top 4 team in the WC? Because it doesn't. They needed nice little role players, exactly like Clarckson and Nance, in order for that to happen. And Lebron and PG are aware of that too and it is why you won't see a bonanza this offseason for the Lakers.

Only way this really works out is if the Lakers are patient and use this cap space to acquire major draft pick assets for taking on other teams bad contracts. But doing that puts their window for the playoffs down the road to 3 or 4 seasons away. I can't imagine them having that type of patience.