• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ferrari preparing for Carlos Sainz to leave

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally I just dismiss this stuff. Realizing media likes to drum up drama at every turn in F1.

but this makes sense to me.
Everytime they seem to mess up Sainz so Leclerc can benefit. To me that is literally sabotaging your cars for another driver.
While I guess Leclerc might have that ceiling people are talking about or that one lap mojo. I think Sainz is the smoother & more consistent driver. Makes way less mistakes. Therefore I believe he is the better driver of the two. Although I might be splitting hairs here.

My question is. Where can Sainz go that isnt backwards?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Ferrari seems to look out for LEC over SAI in ways that are confusing to me. They just gave team orders for LEC in Q1. SAI is a similarly skilled driver, too. I think Ferrari is paranoid LEC wants out

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mercs, Schoompy or over to Haas!
well unless Hamilton retires. I dont see any seats available there any time soon.

While it would be awesome for Haas to nab him. Dont think it would be awesome for Sainz.

I would like it. It would be the best driver Haas would have ever signed.
I have a soft spot for Haas being an american based team trying to become significant in Formula 1, but until they step up their game & personally feel they need to change leadership on the team. Dont think they will land a Sainz caliber driver anytime soon.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally I just dismiss this stuff. Realizing media likes to drum up drama at every turn in F1.

but this makes sense to me.
Everytime they seem to mess up Sainz so Leclerc can benefit. To me that is literally sabotaging your cars for another driver.
While I guess Leclerc might have that ceiling people are talking about or that one lap mojo. I think Sainz is the smoother & more consistent driver. Makes way less mistakes. Therefore I believe he is the better driver of the two. Although I might be splitting hairs here.

My question is. Where can Sainz go that isnt backwards?
I think Lawrence Stroll would drop Lance if Sainz became available. Lance is showing how far off the pace he is next to Alonso, they need a driver closer to Alonso to drive the development forward. I actually expect there to be a battle from a few teams to land Sainz or Perez. I would love to see one of them land at Sauber/Audi.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawrence Stroll would drop Lance if Sainz became available. Lance is showing how far off the pace he is next to Alonso, they need a driver closer to Alonso to drive the development forward. I actually expect there to be a battle from a few teams to land Sainz or Perez. I would love to see one of them land at Sauber/Audi.
I thought about Aston Martin. But Alonso is doing too good for that team & I figured no way Lance loses his ride. So this is kinda interesting take.
Personally if you took family out of the equation. I think it would be a no brainer to put Alonso & Sainz together & cut Stroll.

Side note on the family front.
I think Lando should be one of the hottest commodities to take to a big team, but isnt he also connected to his team by family? Or am I misremembering things?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about Aston Martin. But Alonso is doing too good for that team & I figured no way Lance loses his ride. So this is kinda interesting take.
Personally if you took family out of the equation. I think it would be a no brainer to put Alonso & Sainz together & cut Stroll.

Side note on the family front.
I think Lando should be one of the hottest commodities to take to a big team, but isnt he also connected to his team by family? Or am I misremembering things?
Daddy Stroll must realize two things:
1) Alonso isn't going to be around a lot longer
2) Lance isn't a top driver. He's good, but he's mid-midfield good.

It would be foolish to leave Lance in that seat and miss a big name to plan for when Alonso bails. That's why I feel like Perez and Sainz being available would force action from Lawrence. 2 years from now, there could be two more new teams (in addition to Audi money) and that will thin the available driver pool a lot. He could buy an Indy car team with his pocket change and Lance can keep driving closer to home. I think he'd could be strong over there.

And I don't remember Norris being tied to McLaren by family other than his father invested prior to Lando getting a seat. I am torn on him. He's entertaining and very marketable, but he is not as strong a driver as it looked like he was gonna be. Not to put too fine a point on it but to me he's a slower Danny Ric.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daddy Stroll must realize two things:
1) Alonso isn't going to be around a lot longer
2) Lance isn't a top driver. He's good, but he's mid-midfield good.

It would be foolish to leave Lance in that seat and miss a big name to plan for when Alonso bails. That's why I feel like Perez and Sainz being available would force action from Lawrence. 2 years from now, there could be two more new teams (in addition to Audi money) and that will thin the available driver pool a lot. He could buy an Indy car team with his pocket change and Lance can keep driving closer to home. I think he'd could be strong over there.

And I don't remember Norris being tied to McLaren by family other than his father invested prior to Lando getting a seat. I am torn on him. He's entertaining and very marketable, but he is not as strong a driver as it looked like he was gonna be. Not to put too fine a point on it but to me he's a slower Danny Ric.
About Stroll. This would be sound advice, but do you think he "would" cut bait on his son?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Stroll. This would be sound advice, but do you think he "would" cut bait on his son?
You don't get to be as successful as he is without the gene that allows you to stab someone in the back. Even family. I think he would. They would of course frame it as "Lance wants to try something else".

When they sack Perez, a seat back in the RB family would open up for him.
Albon making a big case for himself lately. Don't know what his contract situation looks but he is dragging performance out of that Williams. He could probably make the RB sing.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sainz becomes Andretti's driver.
the rumor is he will be going to the new Audi team.

In the meantime Ferrari are said to be losing Carlos Sainz to Audi, the Spaniard to join the team a year before Audi officially arrive, while Mercedes have an eye on Charles Leclerc as Lewis Hamilton’s long-term replacement.
“The rumour mill now thinks Carlos Sainz will go off to Audi in 2025 while others think Charles Leclerc will go mad if he stays where he is at Ferrari and that Mercedes would love to have him.

Now I dont get the Leclerc thing since Ferrari treats him like the golden boy, but this is F1.