• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Pettigrew must be cut

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an absolute liability to this football team. He should not be in the league. He literally is more productive for the opposing defense than he is to his offense. He should be released after the game.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should definitely be benched along with delmas and suh.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is who we thought he was.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A solid blocker with below average hands just the guy we drafted.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A solid blocker with below average hands just the guy we drafted.

Didn't like the draft pick then, like it even less now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to teach him how to hold a football. His fumbles are one of the many constants this team can't shake along with personal fouls. That's coaching.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disgusted by his fumble....he has had issues there is an easy solution...stop carrying the fucking ball like a loaf of bread. tuck and cover you dick. I guess its one of those things....you can blame the coaches if you want but I guarantee they have worked with him on that....the problem is for these coaches is that they are dealing with guys who spike the ball and celebrate on the 1 yard line. I feel for these coaches especially when people blame them for things, as a coach it has me shaking my head. The bottom line is some athletes at all levels are really fucking stupid.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Ed,

I understand there are stupid players regardless but the difference between say Schwartz and Coughlin is that Schwartz will continue to run the players out there even when they hurt the team. Seems to be no "doghouse" for some players.

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to cut the best TE on our team? None of our other guys have that balance of blocking and granted, shaky hands. He can catch, but he's... Well, unpredictable. Still the best we've got.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disgusted by his fumble....he has had issues there is an easy solution...stop carrying the fucking ball like a loaf of bread. tuck and cover you dick. I guess its one of those things....you can blame the coaches if you want but I guarantee they have worked with him on that....the problem is for these coaches is that they are dealing with guys who spike the ball and celebrate on the 1 yard line. I feel for these coaches especially when people blame them for things, as a coach it has me shaking my head. The bottom line is some athletes at all levels are really fucking stupid.

While I don't really disagree with anything you say here, the coaches deserve blame when the same guys making the same mistakes keep getting let off the hook. In New England, their starting RB fumbles and gets benched. In Detroit our starting TE fumbles and stays on the field where he fumbles again and again. At some point there has to be some accountability. The term "next man up" isn't just a fancy catch phrase. I realize Detroit isn't loaded with depth but at some point the coaches gotta try something new with the guys having the same old problems.

Someone needs to remind Pettigrew that he plays with guys like Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford when he could be playing with guys like Matt Flynn, Blain Gabbert or a slew of other piles of trash. He doesn't know how good he has it here. And if he wants to stay here, he needs to wake the hell up, be like AP and fix his fumbling problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettigrew is gone after this season if he can't hold onto the ball. You just can't have a guy make as many bad plays as he makes good plays.

Fauria looked pretty good. Scheffler is reliable. Pettigrew is untrustworthy at this point. If I'm Matt Stafford I might think twice before throwing at him. A QB has to have full faith that his receiver will take care of the play.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up... hell the Giants benched Wilson while Brown is on short term IR. Now looking g at FA's to bring in...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that we don't have a "next man up" for Pettigrew at the moment. Both of our other TEs are pass-catchers first, blockers second. Pettigrew is the opposite.

He's simply got to learn to protect the ball at all cost, that extra yard just isn't worth it...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just dont throw him the ball much anymore. He should get 1 or 2 looks per game and that is it. And 1 of them should be a screen. Maybe the other on the sideline and tell him to run out of bounds when he catches it. If he catches it. LOL.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have had Michael Oher playing RT for us for years with that pick.

I feel like Oher is as much hype as he is substance. Not a bad RT by any stretch, but not as great as his fame suggests, either.

I would have rather ended up with Alex Mack (21), Percy Harvin (22), Vontae Davis (25), Eric Wood (28), Hakeem Nicks (29), or Jarius Byrd (42) if we're talking about better players we could have wound up with.

Mack and Wood would have both been welcome upgrades to the interior of our o-line, Harvin and Nicks would have filled the hole at #2 WR, and Davis and Byrd would have been major upgrades to our secondary.

I'm not/wasn't upset by the Pettigrew pick, but there sure was a lot of talented players picked withing 20 spots of him...