• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Boston Bruins Versus the Montreal Canadiens

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Pens-Rags one was pretty tame, save some blind homerism.

Yeah it was just more of making fun of things when it was over

I think all of the playoff threads have been pretty tame overall

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this picture really makes me laugh

lucic-milan-sl-tri.jpg

I hear

Milan

hey

Milan

hey

hey

Milan.... hey Milan.. MILAN,,, HEY..... MILAN.... MILAN

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this picture really makes me laugh

lucic-milan-sl-tri.jpg

I hear

Milan

hey

Milan

hey

hey

Milan.... hey Milan.. MILAN,,, HEY..... MILAN.... MILAN

Needs to have the words "I can't wait to take that all away from them" photoshopped over it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to stir up any shit with this; I just found the part in bold funny as hell.

Letter: Canadiens fan says he regrets attending playoff game at Boston?s TD Garden

Just seeing this now. Yeah that story sounds sketchy. How does he not notice a full beer being spilled on her. Sure he might have been looking in another direction but did she not react to it whatsoever? Did he not notice that she smelled funny before she mentioned it to him?

I call B.S. on this story at least that last part. The rest is probably partially true but exaggerated. I don't doubt that stuff like this goes on in every rink (and not just at the NHL level) but it's the minority. I went to a game at TD Gardens vs the Kings. There were many Kings fans in my section and obvioulsy many Bruins fans as well. They all got along great with some friendly trash talking going back and forth.

Finally, people from Moncton are stupid anyway. ;)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it appears that Saint John - Moncton has a Calgary - Edmonton type of rivarly vibe (lol)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seeing this now. Yeah that story sounds sketchy. How does he not notice a full beer being spilled on her. Sure he might have been looking in another direction but did she not react to it whatsoever? Did he not notice that she smelled funny before she mentioned it to him?

I call B.S. on this story at least that last part. The rest is probably partially true but exaggerated. I don't doubt that stuff like this goes on in every rink (and not just at the NHL level) but it's the minority. I went to a game at TD Gardens vs the Kings. There were many Kings fans in my section and obvioulsy many Bruins fans as well. They all got along great with some friendly trash talking going back and forth.

Finally, people from Moncton are stupid anyway. ;)

She was happy until she realized that most of it ran off of her and she couldn't squeeze that much out of her sweater into her cup

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought she was stupid because she dated a Habs fan ::noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What's said on the ice stays on the ice, and unfortunately that code is broken," Lucic told reporters at the TD Garden on Friday. "It's unfortunate that it blows up to what it is now. I'm not the first guy to do it; I'm not the last guy to do it. I'm not sorry that I did it. I'm a guy that plays on emotion, and this is a game of emotions. Sometimes you make decisions out of emotion that might not be the best ones. That's what it is."

Pretty much sums up why Lucic is a such a huge dickhead right there. Do he and Marchand have the same PR guy, because their playbook is the same:
(1) Admit you made the wrong decision. (2) But do NOT apologize for it. (3) Blame some other secondary factor.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much sums up why Lucic is a such a huge dickhead right there. Do he and Marchand have the same PR guy, because their playbook is the same:
(1) Admit you made the wrong decision. (2) But do NOT apologize for it. (3) Blame some other secondary factor.

It was interesting listening to Ray Ferraro on the radio this afternoon discussing the Lucic handshake threat and subsequent fall-out. Ferraro's take was essentially "Why are we still discussing this?". His stance was we as fans want more access be it in the dressing room, behind the scenes etc. and then we act all offended where we hear some of this stuff? We as fans roll our eyes during intermission interviews when players give the same pat cliche-filled answers to questions and when a guy decides to go outside the lines, it's like "how dare he?" and "fine his ass, that's uncalled for".

I guess we have to remember that these players are just like you and me except for the fact that they are talented athletes who are very skilled at the game of hockey. Some are nice guys and some are jerks and I think it's pretty clear that Lucic falls into the jerk category. I think it's also pretty clear that if the Bruins ever were to put Lucic on the market, there would be 29 other teams in the league ready to scoop Lucic up.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00