• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Boston Bruins Versus the Montreal Canadiens

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Murphy‏@MurphysLaw7412 mins
Was told by two team sources that Zdeno Chara was indeed playing hurt and received shots before Game 7 to kill pain. #BecauseItsTheCup

Jimmy Murphy‏@MurphysLaw7411 mins Did not confirm Chara's exact injury or injuries but my guess is wrist/arm from slash in Game 3.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Murphy‏@MurphysLaw7412 mins
Was told by two team sources that Zdeno Chara was indeed playing hurt and received shots before Game 7 to kill pain. #BecauseItsTheCup

Jimmy Murphy‏@MurphysLaw7411 mins Did not confirm Chara's exact injury or injuries but my guess is wrist/arm from slash in Game 3.

"Body injury?"

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rule number one when attending away games is don't wear your teams shit to the game. there are liquored up assholes at every pro sporting event in the country.

Fuck that, I always wear my gear. Anyone ever laid a finger on my gf they'd most certainly be regretting it for a long time.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beer league , we had this guy that was a pretty decent player but puck hog, shift hog, all teh worst of the worst, during our playoff series best of 5 game 1 he was a fucking nightmare all game, just terrible. we were asking the ref to give him 5 and the gate for minor things. HE WAS ON OUR TEAM. he was such a prick that we even couldnt deal with him, he would take 3 1/2 min shifts and float for 2 1/2 mins of them. he would be dirty and sneaky and mouth off every time. at teh end of the game he tried to convince everyone on the team not to do the handshake line (you do it everygame as we all know) he actually tried to physcially pull guys out of the line as we lined up and started swearing at the other team. We didnt think he would show up game 2 he did, started teh same shit, we kicked him off the team in the 1st period. the other team all banged their sticks on the ice when he left the bench, we never saw him again.

Ive never seen that before in that type of league.

At least you didn't have this guy:

Mass. man booted from league for pooping in glove - CBSSports.com

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Sly though on the wearing your jersey (and just kidding about your girl, hoss) in opposing territory thing.

When going to a visiting arena, you should expect some good-natured ribbing but be able to wear your jersey, enjoy the game, and clap & cheer for your team within reason without expecting violence or excessive name-calling.

You should also expect problems, violence, or dismissal if you are doing any of the following:
-Standing up excessively.
-Taunting the home crowd.
-Starting chants.
-Mocking the home crowd.

From a legal perspective, a seat is only a license. So the ushers can remove you for ANY reason they see fit. And in my experience, if there is an altercation or problem, they more quickly boot the visiting fan even if the hometown guy is more (or completely) in the wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this is it for him in Boston - he had a bad year - had the incident with Brooks Orpik and then that water bottle incident - seems like he hasn't been able to keep his head straight lately, might need to move on from him

Too old and a UFA so I don't think he will be back. At least I am hoping not. I am a little shocked that Julien isn't taking some hits for this loss and this series loss. To me it doesn't appear (but then again I am not in the locker room) that he really motivated this team enough and it clearly showed since they did not play Bruins hockey at all this series.

The Habs poked the Bear and won

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too old and a UFA so I don't think he will be back. At least I am hoping not. I am a little shocked that Julien isn't taking some hits for this loss and this series loss. To me it doesn't appear (but then again I am not in the locker room) that he really motivated this team enough and it clearly showed since they did not play Bruins hockey at all this series.

For Claude Julien I don't think it was a lack of motivation, I think he got sucked into the antics and acted like a baby himself, when a call didn't go their way he would always raise his hands and make stupid faces - he took his own self out of the game with his stupid crap

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 7 or 8 seconds in, start watching Iggy, he has that "SMH" look on his face:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 7 or 8 seconds in, start watching Iggy, he has that "SMH" look on his face:

At looks to me like at 0:16 Iggy says something like "Al...right." As if to say, "that's enough."

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the idea of a Stanley Cup hangover exists for a reason, when you win a Cup/Conference, you kind of take for granted how you had to work to get there. It's a lot easier said than done to go back to back to the Finals.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that, I always wear my gear. Anyone ever laid a finger on my gf they'd most certainly be regretting it for a long time.

This. I've seen plenty of respectful away fans at games. There's a way of handling yourself on the road that should result in you getting respect back. Basically handle it like you would at a home game. You can cheer for goals or clap good saves. Don't stand up and clap in home teams fans' faces, don't talk shit, and you should be respected. Anything else that happens is on the home fans...they're the ones acting stupid.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Sly though on the wearing your jersey (and just kidding about your girl, hoss) in opposing territory thing.

When going to a visiting arena, you should expect some good-natured ribbing but be able to wear your jersey, enjoy the game, and clap & cheer for your team within reason without expecting violence or excessive name-calling.

You should also expect problems, violence, or dismissal if you are doing any of the following:
-Standing up excessively.
-Taunting the home crowd.
-Starting chants.
-Mocking the home crowd.

From a legal perspective, a seat is only a license. So the ushers can remove you for ANY reason they see fit. And in my experience, if there is an altercation or problem, they more quickly boot the visiting fan even if the hometown guy is more (or completely) in the wrong.

Dangit, just saw this comment. Basically everything you said.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two months before Milan Lucic reportedly threatened to kill Montreal Canadiens’ Dale Weise while shaking hands after the series-ending Game 7, the Boston tough guy was pitching an anti-bullying book.

Called “Not Cool to Bully in School,” the left winger and his wife, Brittany, released the children’s book in March. The book, which sells for $14.95 U.S., plus shipping and handling, encourages kids not to bully in school.

Boston Bruins' Milan Lucic recently released anti-bullying book | Toronto Star

:laugh3:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At looks to me like at 0:16 Iggy says something like "Al...right." As if to say, "that's enough."

Does Iggy tap Lucic around that time? Hard to see, it looks kind of like it.