• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Boston Bruins Versus the Montreal Canadiens

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston City Hall for the next week:

drwTaICl.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Sly though on the wearing your jersey (and just kidding about your girl, hoss) in opposing territory thing.

When going to a visiting arena, you should expect some good-natured ribbing but be able to wear your jersey, enjoy the game, and clap & cheer for your team within reason without expecting violence or excessive name-calling.

You should also expect problems, violence, or dismissal if you are doing any of the following:
-Standing up excessively.
-Taunting the home crowd.
-Starting chants.
-Mocking the home crowd.

From a legal perspective, a seat is only a license. So the ushers can remove you for ANY reason they see fit. And in my experience, if there is an altercation or problem, they more quickly boot the visiting fan even if the hometown guy is more (or completely) in the wrong.

That's a lovely idea. But I was in a Senators Jersey in Philly during the 419 penalty minute game. Me, nor my buddies caused any ruckus or issues. And most of the people directly around us were cool (I was front row, next to Sens bench. Backup goalie was a glass pane away from me). Like you'd expect from people who weren't raised in a jungle. Good natured ribbing and what not. But once the blood started to spill, the mob took over...

The one beer thrown from the furthest distance actually hit a nice older lady and her grandson. Got their orange jerseys all messed up. The hell of it was, she actually apologized to *me* afterward. And the ushers were mad at the fact that they had to come down and protect the whole section, and acted like it was my fault. And all I did was wear the wrong color.

By stark contrast, the first game I ever attended in Nationwide, I also was in a Sens Jersey, and somehow managed to be in a section near six Sens fans who had made the trip down from Ottawa. Jackets wiped the ice up with the Sens and not one negative peep from anyone nearby. One guy actually shook the hands of anyone in a Sens jersey and said "good game". Part of the reason I knew I'd like it here.

I think there are definitely certain places you should just not do it. And certain places it's okay provided you don't invite trouble on yourself. Boston, MSG, Chicago, and Philly are places I would not wear enemy colors under any circumstances.

And I would never wear Leaf gear in Montreal. But then again, I wouldn't wear Leaf gear anywhere else on earth, soooo.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad ... they didnt actually write anything they just "presented" it

ie the 2 writers came to their place and started hashing out the storyline in the living room while Milan got drunk ... his wife kicked him out of the condo for being belligerent so he started yelling at her from the street ... she threw a clear heel at him from the window ... the police arrived and Milan Lucic asked them if they knew who he was ... a random guy then yelled "Milan Lucic is beyond good right now" ... Milan Lucic then punched him in the junk

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad ... they didnt actually write anything they just "presented" it

ie the 2 writers came to their place and started hashing out the storyline in the living room while Milan got drunk ... his wife kicked him out of the condo for being belligerent so he started yelling at her from the street ... she threw a clear heel at him from the window ... the police arrived and Milan Lucic asked them if they knew who he was ... a random guy then yelled "Milan Lucic is beyond good right now" ... Milan Lucic then punched him in the junk

does the book come with a 'making of' dvd?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Prime Minister weighs in...

Stephen Harper @pmharper · 4h

Great to see a Canadian team finally take out the Bruins in a game 7. #GoHabsGo @CanadiensMTL

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Claude Julien I don't think it was a lack of motivation, I think he got sucked into the antics and acted like a baby himself, when a call didn't go their way he would always raise his hands and make stupid faces - he took his own self out of the game with his stupid crap

yup... yet no one really is calling him out for it. They should be! Now you obviously have to call out the entire Bruins TEAM itself but he deserves some blame as well. How can you allow your team in Game 7 ON HOME ICE to come out as FLAT as they did?!?!? Unacceptable!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Claude Julien I don't think it was a lack of motivation, I think he got sucked into the antics and acted like a baby himself, when a call didn't go their way he would always raise his hands and make stupid faces - he took his own self out of the game with his stupid crap

Hasn't that been Julien's MO for awhile though? I'm not sure there's a coach who whines as much as he does. Every penalty, borderline or obvious, he yaps.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Otto Sykora, general manager of the Slovak national men's hockey team, Chara suffered a finger fracture in Game 4 of the series, an injury that will require surgery.

theScore

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucic should take lessons in losing from this guy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If they have a probably with it, beat the hell out of them"

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that, I always wear my gear. Anyone ever laid a finger on my gf they'd most certainly be regretting it for a long time.

and u would likely be thrown in jail yourself. I was at a Hawks-Canadians game and a drunk Chicago fan tripped over the seat in front of him and landed 10 rows down. his dumb ass pointed to the 4 montreal fans behind him and said he was pushed. he clearly wasn't but the 4 guys who did absolutely nothing got tossed. why even put yourself in a situation where u are likely going to deal with idiots? not worth it imo.