• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big stretch of games

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that there was a group of us who supported Stew. There was a group that fell off early and were acting like Poppy, and in some cases GR, does now with Dana. None of those guys who bashed Stew early in his tenure are even on here. It's a shame to think that there are some on this board who actually think a big name is going to come in and change the program. Keep recycling through coaches and we will be like Pitt until Narduzzi showed up. I'm not a fan of recycling coaches every 3-5 years hoping that you hit it out of the park with the next hire.

Call it settling, if you want, but every excuse that fans had with Dana's coaching have almost all been eliminated. Now the excuse is he has not won the conference. Texas and OU are down. Texas is down and Charlie is hanging on by a thread. Until a high profile coach comes back, or one of the Native sons, we will keep a revolving door coaching position. No Balls should have cut ties earlier if he wanted to put his mark on the program. Especially if the concern was to save money. Not sure why that would be a big concern as you have said, a contract could be written with termination clauses in it. Can't wait to see who replaces Dana. Can't wait for the next 3-5 years with the new coach. Hopefully it is money well spent and worth the wait. God knows I've been waiting this long, what's another 5 years, then another 5 years, then another 5 years.....then hopefully I'll have another 5 years, then another 5 years.

Well..one of the STEW bashers is still on here!! LOL!:yes:

And for the RR coming home guys...are you paying attention to the dumpster fire going on in Zona?

He will be out of job by years end down in the desert!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir! Me... you... Slaton... Another... all supported Stewart!

If Dana is fired, I'll hope like hell his replacement has great success. I don't route for the man who is HC... I route for the HC. If the HC of my favorite team is having success, then it means my favorite team is having success.

Unless WVU gives up trying to play big boy football, I expect to see one season of mediocrity followed by another. I saw this when WVU was a member of the original BE.

In my lifetime, WVU had two years it went undefeated in the regular season. The '93 season was against a fairly difficult schedule. The '88 season was a joke! Something like 5 of 11 teams finished 3-8. The 2007 team could have been special, but lack of depth at QB reared an ugly head that season. Without Pat White, the team lost two games.

Not so sure I was a supporter...I took the road that I would do with any coach it takes 5 years in a program like Wv to build it the way you need to...Stew from the get go didn't have the best plan..and you can point to his inability to hire a good OC...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure I was a supporter...I took the road that I would do with any coach it takes 5 years in a program like Wv to build it the way you need to...Stew from the get go didn't have the best plan..and you can point to his inability to hire a good OC...

You supported the HC in the same way all of us did.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You supported the HC in the same way all of us did.

You're right..just like you he was the HC of my team so I supported him...but I could also see right away he wasn't the long term solution either...but he got the benefit of doubt like I would give anyone coming in and establishing what he wanted to do..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right..just like you he was the HC of my team so I supported him...but I could also see right away he wasn't the long term solution either...but he got the benefit of doubt like I would give anyone coming in and establishing what he wanted to do..
Just like how I saw that Holgorsen is not the long term answer pretty quick? , and there may NOT BE a long term answer to WVU football. As much as I would love to see WVU win the league every other year, win ten games every year, be in the discussion every year, maybe it will never happen. While winning is great, I hope we never turn into an Ohio State with all their cheating, coverups, scandals, arrogance, etc. The idea that it is all about money sickens me, the money wasted on new uniforms, new helmets, new practice fields, the never ending fleecing of fans.......some see Ollie Luck as great, I see him as the embodiment of all that has gone wrong with college sports, the money grab above all else. THAT was what I loved about Bill Stewart, he wasn't the greatest coach by a long shot, but he LOVED WVU, he LOVED his players, he worked for a very low salary to do a job he loved. I love WVU, I root for them in every game in every sport, that does not mean I support a coach I do not think evokes an image of what WVU sports should be. I think we are very lucky to be 4-0 right now, and unless "all three phases" of the game improve dramatically we will be lucky to be 6-6 at the end of the season. Some are saying all our shortcomings have been fixed, yet I see other teams STILL making huge returns on kickoffs, I still see time outs being wasted, I still see a "high powered offense" stall in the red zone time and again. I hope WVU goes 12-0, but just don't see it happening with this coach. Just my opinion, Holgorsen may be spoken of like Saban in 30 years, but I think he is more likely to be spoken of like Charlie Weiss.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I WOULD NOT SAY I WAS A STEW GUY, BUT I DID NOT CHEER FOR HIM TO LOSE THAT IS FOR DAMN SURE.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like how I saw that Holgorsen is not the long term answer pretty quick? , and there may NOT BE a long term answer to WVU football. As much as I would love to see WVU win the league every other year, win ten games every year, be in the discussion every year, maybe it will never happen. While winning is great, I hope we never turn into an Ohio State with all their cheating, coverups, scandals, arrogance, etc. The idea that it is all about money sickens me, the money wasted on new uniforms, new helmets, new practice fields, the never ending fleecing of fans.......some see Ollie Luck as great, I see him as the embodiment of all that has gone wrong with college sports, the money grab above all else. THAT was what I loved about Bill Stewart, he wasn't the greatest coach by a long shot, but he LOVED WVU, he LOVED his players, he worked for a very low salary to do a job he loved. I love WVU, I root for them in every game in every sport, that does not mean I support a coach I do not think evokes an image of what WVU sports should be. I think we are very lucky to be 4-0 right now, and unless "all three phases" of the game improve dramatically we will be lucky to be 6-6 at the end of the season. Some are saying all our shortcomings have been fixed, yet I see other teams STILL making huge returns on kickoffs, I still see time outs being wasted, I still see a "high powered offense" stall in the red zone time and again. I hope WVU goes 12-0, but just don't see it happening with this coach. Just my opinion, Holgorsen may be spoken of like Saban in 30 years, but I think he is more likely to be spoken of like Charlie Weiss.
Keep the blinders on and keep telling yourself "there's no place like home".

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked the Stew hire, it was a mistake from the get go.
Had our illustrious governor kept his pie hole shut, Jimbo would have been our coach then, and likely would still be. Hiring Stewart was indeed a mistake, damn fine man, but should not have been hired.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Zone Scoring since 2008

Year Score % TD % FG%
2008 69% 46% 23%
2009 78 63 14
2010 75 58 16
2011 88 67 21
2012 83 69 13
2013 80 52 27
2014 80 52 28
2015 82 56 25
2016 77 44 23

In reality the redone scoring has not been as bad as perceived compared to historical data...needs improvement and I believe we will see it.

Ummm looks like we improved some this week.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa St currently leads the nation in red zone scoring.

Dana mismanaged the clock in which games?
Did a coaching change kill Virginia Tech? I mean, they parted ways with a HOF coach and hired a HC that only had HC experience at a lower level. Surely I'm reading their info wrong, says they are winning and having a good year recruiting and about everyone knew that Beams was on the way out...

How them Hokie fans feeling this morning? SU protected their house. LOL!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't just walk into that dome and beat Dino Babers, that cat has been beating teams in that place for..... bout 2 months