• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big stretch of games

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to speak for them but they might say "we have Mike Leach on the line right now, he has a good year every 6-7 years, taught you this offense, and has never won a championship either, just like you so.. best of luck.":yo:
And at that point, we would have Dumb and Dumber. Not sure what the Mike Leach reference has to do with Dana. Sure, he coached for Leach but I haven't heard of Dana locking players in a shed or collecting Pirate shit.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons and Gee are really in a no win situation right now. As long as Holgs keeps winning, he hold the cards. As a winner, he gets snatched up by another program. If he loses we can him. Next year fans will either bitch that we lost a good coach or that we should have replaced him a year earlier.

Meanwhile, after avoiding a buyout, Lyons will have few more dollars to throw at getting a big name coach in here, or maybe, he will save a few dollars and hire a dedicated assistant to coach the team.
Not disagreeing with you, but if they would promote within, then we would not gain anything. Our program would be the ultimate definition of insanity. This would be Pastilong all over again.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at that point, we would have Dumb and Dumber. Not sure what the Mike Leach reference has to do with Dana. Sure, he coached for Leach but I haven't heard of Dana locking players in a shed or collecting Pirate shit.

They are one in the same and WVU is a better gig than Wazzu. Gee and Lyons could replace Dana and what he brings to the table with one phone call, flashy offense, no defense, very likeable personalities, no hardware, popular with a lot of fans because of the flashy offense. Kevin Sumlin, same, Kliffy K, same.

JMO but I think Lyons would like to see a championship for WVU and sees that its not going to happen playing this style of ball be it Dana or Leach or any of the other coaches from the Hal Mumme coaching tree but we'll see what happens.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Dana is gone after this season. Reportedly Gee is not a fan, and that is one reason Shane offered such an insulting extension. No one can blame Dana for declining a contract that included no increase in salary over the next 4 years.

Names which have been rumored to replace Dana include those with HC experience... Pelini, Schiano, Chizik or Marrone will lead WVU into its next era.
I would think Schiano would be a strong candidate for WVU. Did a great job in New Jersey, recruited Florida well and has connections there, Ohio now, maybe he brings that Urban Meyer/Tom Herman offense with his defense?... I could see WVU wanting that and it might be a great fit. He couldn't quite get RU over the hump but he took an absolute garbage program to at least respectability.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are one in the same and WVU is a better gig than Wazzu. Gee and Lyons could replace Dana and what he brings to the table with one phone call, flashy offense, no defense, very likeable personalities, no hardware, popular with a lot of fans because of the flashy offense. Kevin Sumlin, same, Kliffy K, same.

JMO but I think Lyons would like to see a championship for WVU and sees that its not going to happen playing this style of ball be it Dana or Leach or any of the other coaches from the Hal Mumme coaching tree but we'll see what happens.
While I believe Dana was brought in to play the same style of football that most, not all, the Big 12 plays, I feel that he has changed his coaching style to a more balance attack. This was never more evident than the KSU game where he started pressing the long ball in the 2nd quarter only to come out in the 3rd quarter to a much more balance attack. He admitted this himself.

Every AD, along with the team's fan base wants to win a NC. OU and Texas are the only 2 that do not employ an "air raid" style offense. If we had the talent on both sides of the ball, just about any style of ball would work. Urban Meyers is one example of a coach who has the coaching experience and talented players to coach an uptempo game and a balanced attack game. I hate the 3-3-5. It works about every 3-4 years after players become accustomed to it. KSU was just another example of it almost failing us again.

I think we all know what's going to happen after this season. I just want to see who they bring in and how far back it's going to set us. With the success that Dana has had with marginal QBs, it would have been exciting to see what he would have done with Grier. The offense appeared set for a well balanced attack. The defense would still be my concern even with a year under their belts. Hopefully Grier will not transfer, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. Let the Pastilong 2.0 rebuilding era begin. Can't wait to see the fan base reaction if No Balls and Bow tie don't knock it out of the park. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breathe.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should use the funny emoji. You have to be kidding. You are kidding... right?

No defense? I think Sumlin would disagree. A&M is #13 in scoring defense.

Here is a good article on Gibby's use of blitz last weekend. Hope y'all read the whole thing. Then you won't be so ignorant no more....

West Virginia’s all or nothing defense

The extremes of playing in the Big 12
Playing defense in the Big 12 is very difficult. Fans of other conferences love to point and laugh at the state of play in the league but Charlie Strong, architect of some brilliant defenses over his career, is probably going to be fired from Texas for failing to translate his defensive success into the Big 12. Before him, Manny Diaz struggled for a year and two games and was fired, then went on to produce top ranked defenses again at Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, and now Miami.

This league chews up defensive coordinators and spits them out on a regular basis.

Here are the defenses in the Big 12 ranked 1-10 over the last three years by S&P, which aims to adjust for opponents and pace:

B12%20defensive%20futility.jpg

These numbers make it clear enough that playing defense in the Big 12 is a tough game, and there are clear reasons for this. Just a few:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, which conference is supposed to play good defense today?

Anytime I see a Big 12 team go up against an OOC opponent from the P5, I don't see that P5 team do any better than one of the Big 12 defenses.

Clint had one of his best performances of the year vs. Bama. Bama made an average QB like Trevor Knight look like the next Heisman candidate.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Aint NOBODY confusing Dana Holgorsen with Bobby Bowden any time soon. FTR Brady Hoke had similar numbers at Michigan..before they canned him for a better coach, not a mistake.

Hoke 31-20 showed decline every year after first year....so no not the same numbers:doh:

And of course after a career no one is confusing BB with DH, but you would have probably pushed him out of Motown as well.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat BYU after a lucky tipped ball went our way when they were moving the ball at will for a game winning drive and the KState kicker missed an easy FG by about a foot and a half after their offense drove down the field for a potential GW drive so yea, luck. We drop those 2 games and the heat would be at a boiling point for Dana right now so yea, he has been VERY lucky so far.

So when we lose it is DH and when we win it is luck....trust me i hear hat you are saying.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when we lose it is DH and when we win it is luck....trust me i hear hat you are saying.
When we lose because of boneheaded play calling, piss poor clock management, wasting timeouts, yea, it is on Holgorsen. When we win because the nations most accurate kicker misses a FG, yea, it is luck.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never have guessed 62.5% led the nation in FG percentage, must be a down year for kickers.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we lose because of boneheaded play calling, piss poor clock management, wasting timeouts, yea, it is on Holgorsen. When we win because the nations most accurate kicker misses a FG, yea, it is luck.
Are you referring to Snyder? There will always be plays you, me, everybody are not going to agree with. As for the other things you are referring to has greatly diminished since his first year as HC.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never have guessed 62.5% led the nation in FG percentage, must be a down year for kickers.
You could have blamed it on Lambert's suspension.....never mind, he missed a chippy also. Must be a down year for kickers.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCrane's bio coming into the season::

A two-time All-Big 12 place kicker who has shared primary place kicking duties over the past two seasons... Will look to be take over the entirety of place kicking responsibilities as a junior... Currently ranks first in school history and tops nationally among active players by making 96.2-percent (25-of-26) of his career field goals... Needs to make his next field goal attempt to tie the school record for career consecutive field goals made, while he is three field goals shy of entering the school’s career top-10 list... Earned Preseason All-Big 12 honors from Athlon and Phil Steele.

LUCKY

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, which conference is supposed to play good defense today?

Anytime I see a Big 12 team go up against an OOC opponent from the P5, I don't see that P5 team do any better than one of the Big 12 defenses.

Clint had one of his best performances of the year vs. Bama. Bama made an average QB like Trevor Knight look like the next Heisman candidate.
Why didn't Clint win that game bb? Ill tell you why because our weaksauce defense couldn't get a stop and get him the ball back. Same for Geno with LSU, same with OU when they decide to cram it up our arse. This glorified nickel defense cant stop an offense that plays like a man.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCrane's bio coming into the season::

A two-time All-Big 12 place kicker who has shared primary place kicking duties over the past two seasons... Will look to be take over the entirety of place kicking responsibilities as a junior... Currently ranks first in school history and tops nationally among active players by making 96.2-percent (25-of-26) of his career field goals... Needs to make his next field goal attempt to tie the school record for career consecutive field goals made, while he is three field goals shy of entering the school’s career top-10 list... Earned Preseason All-Big 12 honors from Athlon and Phil Steele.

LUCKY
well I guess next years bio will have a little lower percentage

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could get back to the days when our coaches made no calls that were ever questioned by the fans.....when was that again? :scratch:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I guess next years bio will have a little lower percentage
He made 3/4 against us, and the one he missed wasn't by much, LUCKY

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
85.7 for next years Bio right now if you keep up with it. Maybe next year they will add a lucky stat.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He currently ranks 73rd in the nation....but lets not worry about that, we will leave that out of his BIO