• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big stretch of games

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a real AD, he would have made a decision last January to either fire Dana or give him a fair deal on an extension.

Since our AD is a stupid shit, he has kept his HC on the hot seat for the 2nd straight year. Recruiting sucks. And, the media keep referring to Dana's uncertain future.

WVU is the joke of college football.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A .500 fifth year coach was offered an extension and refused to sign it, and we call the AD names???????????ANY extension offered was MORE than fair for said coach........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU

DH 40-28

BOBBY BOWDEN 42-26

Don't make same mistake twice.

RR was 50-24 after 6....looking back it is weird to think that he only coached he 7 years

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll get to lift the veil in the next 3-4 games and see what we really are. 4-0 feels great but we get to see some bona fide Big12 offense in the next few weeks. Dana has dodged 2 HUGE bullets so far and its been ugly. defense/special teams vanish in one game, offense/play calling is all over the place the next, typical DH.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we lose its DH, when we win its luck.....:scratch:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU

DH 40-28

BOBBY BOWDEN 42-26

Don't make same mistake twice.

RR was 50-24 after 6....looking back it is weird to think that he only coached he 7 years

:lol: Aint NOBODY confusing Dana Holgorsen with Bobby Bowden any time soon. FTR Brady Hoke had similar numbers at Michigan..before they canned him for a better coach, not a mistake.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we lose its DH, when we win its luck.....:scratch:
We beat BYU after a lucky tipped ball went our way when they were moving the ball at will for a game winning drive and the KState kicker missed an easy FG by about a foot and a half after their offense drove down the field for a potential GW drive so yea, luck. We drop those 2 games and the heat would be at a boiling point for Dana right now so yea, he has been VERY lucky so far.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat BYU after a lucky tipped ball went our way when they were moving the ball at will for a game winning drive and the KState kicker missed an easy FG by about a foot and a half after their offense drove down the field for a potential GW drive so yea, luck. We drop those 2 games and the heat would be at a boiling point for Dana right now so yea, he has been VERY lucky so far.

Old Cliche' "it is a game of inches"...that is football!...and a win is a win...better to be on that side don't you think?..Or do you want to me to breakdown 13-9................

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Cliche' "it is a game of inches"...that is football!...and a win is a win...better to be on that side don't you think?..Or do you want to me to breakdown 13-9................
Oh I'll take a win any way I can get it with my WVU fan hat on I'm with ya there but If this team goes on one of those famous 3-4 game skids that we have had under Dana then those lucky inches won't mean much to the AD that is wanting to contend for the Big12, particularly this season IMO.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana deserves some luck after what he's been through in Morgantown.

Comes in to be the HCIW, has a great Mountaineer dig up dirt forcing Luck to fire him... and pushes Dana to become the HC amongst turmoil.

Goes into the Big 12 with no defensive players recruited for the conference. LB's and CB's exposed from the first conference game through the last.

Enters the 2nd year of Big 12 play with no depth due to former HC recruiting guys like Tevita Finau over... and over... and over. Has 2 of 3 QB's lost to injury. Forced to play a walk-on QB because the previous HC couldn't recruit a QB after Geno who wanted to be a Mountaineer.

Watches his starting QB get his head ripped off in the TCU game when he was leading the country in passing. Concussions force Trickett to retire from the game.

Watches his team lose two games last year on 2 unlucky plays. Keeps WVU from a 10 win season.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it is no matter what happens this year, DH will be gone after the season. He does not want to stay and the administration does not want him to stay. Had DH really wanted to stay, he would have taken the extension offered . Had the administration wanted him to stay, they would have given him a better offer.

At the end of the year, if DH is successful, he takes another offer and leaves, possibly with Houston and close to his kids. If not, he gets canned. Gibson with his two year contract is the apparent HCIW and provides some insurance for the administration if DH does well and bolts. Sorry Doc fans, I think he has no chance. Gibson is the home town favorite for next coach.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A .500 fifth year coach was offered an extension and refused to sign it, and we call the AD names???????????ANY extension offered was MORE than fair for said coach........
If he felt Dana wasn't "his guy", then No Balls should have cut ties after last season and went out and get "his guy". Lyin' Shane Lyons has screwed up more times in his brief tenure here than Dana at coaching.

Impress me, No Balls Lyin' Shane Lyons. Get a big name HC here, IF that is the direction you're going in. Lane Kiffin isn't that big name. Nor is RR, already has been here and probably wishes he never left. Sweater vest is another that wouldn't impress me due to the connection with Bow tie. Same with Bo Pellini. IF the Big 12 blows up, get us in the ACC. I would be impressed by that. SEC doesn't count since we already know we were on their short list already. Keep the smaller programs going. Women's soccer ranked something like 3rd and Men's 24th. Luck laid out the vision and blueprint. Can you make it happen?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it is no matter what happens this year, DH will be gone after the season. He does not want to stay and the administration does not want him to stay. Had DH really wanted to stay, he would have taken the extension offered . Had the administration wanted him to stay, they would have given him a better offer.

At the end of the year, if DH is successful, he takes another offer and leaves, possibly with Houston and close to his kids. If not, he gets canned. Gibson with his two year contract is the apparent HCIW and provides some insurance for the administration if DH does well and bolts. Sorry Doc fans, I think he has no chance. Gibson is the home town favorite for next coach.

I agree that Dana is gone after this season. Reportedly Gee is not a fan, and that is one reason Shane offered such an insulting extension. No one can blame Dana for declining a contract that included no increase in salary over the next 4 years.

Names which have been rumored to replace Dana include those with HC experience... Pelini, Schiano, Chizik or Marrone will lead WVU into its next era.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that would be a mistake with Gibby right now. I hope he does well but 1. I think he needs more experience before taking our HC gig and 2. If these Bug12 offenses make our defense look like what I think they will make our defense look like then he will be a VERY unpopular hire IF a move is made.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Dana is gone after this season. Reportedly Gee is not a fan, and that is one reason Shane offered such an insulting extension. No one can blame Dana for declining a contract that included no increase in salary over the next 4 years.

Names which have been rumored to replace Dana include those with HC experience... Pelini, Schiano, Chizik or Marrone will lead WVU into its next era.
I agree as well. I'd like to see him make a good run and then sit back in a chair across from No Balls and Bow tie, a can of Red Bull on the desk with his hands folded behind his head, feet on the desk, and say 'Well, boys, you played a good game, but the game is over. Make your next move.' Wonder what those 2 would say or do?

About the choices, I'm not impressed with Marrone. Both he and Schiano proved that they could not handle the Pro-level, so maybe they are both cut out to be college HCs. I like the fire in Bo and YSU looked good against us, but there is something telling me he may not be the one (although deep down I use to like him as a HC). Chizik was brought in to Auburn to settle down some of the BS that was going on within the football program. From what I understood from Auburn supporters, he was the stop the bleed guy, not the lead guy. Who on this list would be the top get, if this was all there was? Schiano?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons and Gee are really in a no win situation right now. As long as Holgs keeps winning, he hold the cards. As a winner, he gets snatched up by another program. If he loses we can him. Next year fans will either bitch that we lost a good coach or that we should have replaced him a year earlier.

Meanwhile, after avoiding a buyout, Lyons will have few more dollars to throw at getting a big name coach in here, or maybe, he will save a few dollars and hire a dedicated assistant to coach the team.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree as well. I'd like to see him make a good run and then sit back in a chair across from No Balls and Bow tie, a can of Red Bull on the desk with his hands folded behind his head, feet on the desk, and say 'Well, boys, you played a good game, but the game is over. Make your next move.' Wonder what those 2 would say or do?

I don't want to speak for them but they might say "we have Mike Leach on the line right now, he has a good year every 6-7 years, taught you this offense, and has never won a championship either, just like you so.. best of luck.":yo: