• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big stretch of games

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with being lucky, it won OSU a "national championship" in 2002, BUT at least they can admit they received a lot of lucky bounces that year......Hell for the last five years all we have heard from some of our "fans" is all wins, in any sport are because of Ollie Luck, any losses in basketball were on Huggins, and any losses in football were all on Stewart.........WVU got lucky that an opponent missed a field goal, pretty simple, but can't be admitted.......

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still trying to figure out how a team missing a 43 yard FG is lucky? Are those gimmes now? You know he missed his only other 40 plus yard attempt this year, now was that a lucky miss as well?

And so if the team would have made the FG are they lucky for winning? or does DH just suck? Or is it based off of Bios? I remember you saying how we were lucky on a couple of Lamberts late game FG's...so we are lucky when we make one, we are lucky when they miss one...I mean this whole luck thing(no pun intended) is really confusing and how it seems it only applies to our beloved WVU team. i wonder if the playoff committee applies the luck factor when determining teams.....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have a hard time grasping the "luck" thing just like you grasping Stew had any faults leading to the downturn of our program.....guess we will all just have to keep living our lives in darkness

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana was lucky his team could overcome his all-conference kicker missing a short FG attempt. He was lucky his team could also overcome a fumble at the KSU 2 yd line.
Why didn't Clint win that game bb? Ill tell you why because our weaksauce defense couldn't get a stop and get him the ball back. Same for Geno with LSU, same with OU when they decide to cram it up our arse. This glorified nickel defense cant stop an offense that plays like a man.

Didn't they shut down KSU last Saturday?

You wouldn't be stupid enough to try and compare talent on WVU's defense to that of Bama or LSU. That would be pretty fucked up...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a real AD, he would have made a decision last January to either fire Dana or give him a fair deal on an extension.

Since our AD is a stupid shit, he has kept his HC on the hot seat for the 2nd straight year. Recruiting sucks. And, the media keep referring to Dana's uncertain future.

WVU is the joke of college football.
Be careful what you wish for... With DH you have consistent success.. who are you going to get? Les Miles? ..Sure he has a good record. With no recruiting competition in Louisiana. His teams also average in conference games just over 10 points a game running a 1970s offense with NFL players all over the field. I don't see him doing well in todays big 12. Lane Kiffin? Where has he won as a head coach? Just like with Kentucky I don't see where firing him makes sense this year. Sure you could get a small school guy like neal brown but what if that doesn't work out? then you start all over.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The administration has spoken, it is really our of our hands. The writing is on the wall. No contract extension means Dana will most likely not be here next year. Lyons and Gee are not big fans of him and seem willing to let him go with Gibson under contract for another year as insurance.

This was a knock on DH when he came here, he would not stay. The Houston job is looming on the radar. He won't be the first coach to leave us after a good season. At this point, Dana is not on the hotseat, WVU is!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a rumor i heard from a contact in Morgantown is if he wins the next two games he will get the extension he wants.....not sure how it changes if he loses 1 or both.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question I need to ask....where do you guys hear that Gee does not like DH...from insiders I know that is a pretty good relationship. It is not that Lyons does not like him either, it is just it is his turn to leave his mark...i think the relationship is pressured because of circumstances, but from what i gather it is not like they hate each other.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources are from bar talk in Morgantown from people who shall remain nameless but have some connection to the program. Contract negotiations to this point seem to confirm what I have been told. Which is basically, Holgs is on the hot seat and Gibby has a contract to pick up the pieces if Holgs fails or succeeds to the point where he leaves for greener pastures. Holgs is not happy that he was not given his extension and is willing to bolt if the right opportunity arises. I never confirmed this with the Bow Tie so at this point, I'll just say unconfirmed rumors posted to stimulate conversation of this board.

I have never been a fan of regime change. I thought that Bill Stewart should not have been moved out and I do not believe that Holgs should be pushed away. We are back in the top 25, Holgs appears to be improving at his trade and more importantly, the stadium is getting sell outs. There is much more fan support on the boards for Holgs. I do think it would be smart for them to give him his extension during the season. Lose to Kansas and I may change my mind.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources are from bar talk in Morgantown from people who shall remain nameless but have some connection to the program. Contract negotiations to this point seem to confirm what I have been told. Which is basically, Holgs is on the hot seat and Gibby has a contract to pick up the pieces if Holgs fails or succeeds to the point where he leaves for greener pastures. Holgs is not happy that he was not given his extension and is willing to bolt if the right opportunity arises. I never confirmed this with the Bow Tie so at this point, I'll just say unconfirmed rumors posted to stimulate conversation of this board.

I have never been a fan of regime change. I thought that Bill Stewart should not have been moved out and I do not believe that Holgs should be pushed away. We are back in the top 25, Holgs appears to be improving at his trade and more importantly, the stadium is getting sell outs. There is much more fan support on the boards for Holgs. I do think it would be smart for them to give him his extension during the season. Lose to Kansas and I may change my mind.
Football has gotten out of control, firing coaches four games into the season is ridiculous. IMO, contract negotiations and personnel changes need to happen in the off season. Holgorsen was offered an extension that was fair and was equitable based on his performance, HE turned it down, so I do not see where he has any reason to be unhappy, the guy is making huge money. Unless we go on a tear and win the B12 this year, I can't see anyone else offering him any more than he is making here. Like someone said above, we have no say in the matter, and no one in college sports gives a crap about us average, working stiff fans anymore.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You consider giving him an extension for recruiting plain and simple. If for some reason he wins big this year and bolts....our program is going to be hurting. We will not have a good class and the new HC will have a lot of work to do.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... you either fire Dana in Dec. '15 or you give him an extension and a raise. You don't keep him on a 2 year contract so every school WVU is going up against in recruiting a kid can use the HC's status against us.

Lyons could prove to be an even bigger dumb fuck than Pastilong. And, that is saying something....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... you either fire Dana in Dec. '15 or you give him an extension and a raise. You don't keep him on a 2 year contract so every school WVU is going up against in recruiting a kid can use the HC's status against us.

Lyons could prove to be an even bigger dumb fuck than Pastilong. And, that is saying something....

I would agree with you and by signing day you may be right but 247 has us ranked at #44 right now as far as this years class. It may be hindering us from a big climb in the rankings with a high profile kid here or there but it's not killing our recruiting at the moment.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 must be generous. Scout has the current class ranked #57 with zero 4 stars, and 9 of 16 recruits rated 3 stars.

This by far the worst class in the last 10 years at this point in the cycle.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still only 4 games left in this make or break season. We could lose next week and a few more and Lyons will look like a genius saving millions on a buyout which could be used to bring a higher profile coach. We could win a few more and Lyons could try to extend before the end of the season before other jobs open up. We could keep winning and watch DH leave for greener pastures. Any way you look at it it is a gamble.

If we get a new coach, the cupboard will not be bare. We will be in a much stronger position than when DH came in. WE all just hope that we don't get Kragenthorped like Louisville did a few years back.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 must be generous. Scout has the current class ranked #57 with zero 4 stars, and 9 of 16 recruits rated 3 stars.

This by far the worst class in the last 10 years at this point in the cycle.

Is this because that players are worried about a coach being fired, or is it because of a coach who is not recruiting hard enough because he feels that this is his last year her regardless of outcome?

There is still plenty of time until signing day. At that time, we will have a coach with a contract in his hand. I expect we will do better once this happens. Many times a new coach gives a bump in recruiting.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still only 4 games left in this make or break season. We could lose next week and a few more and Lyons will look like a genius saving millions on a buyout which could be used to bring a higher profile coach. We could win a few more and Lyons could try to extend before the end of the season before other jobs open up. We could keep winning and watch DH leave for greener pastures. Any way you look at it it is a gamble.

If we get a new coach, the cupboard will not be bare. We will be in a much stronger position than when DH came in. WE all just hope that we don't get Kragenthorped like Louisville did a few years back.

Agree, Lyons just took the safe play IMO, Dana has a lot invested here now and a good season sets him up for years to come so it's going to take a blue blood type of program wanting him for him to go anywhere IMO and let's face it, if a blue blood wants him he's gone anyway. If he doesn't meet the standard that Lyons wants then he makes a move and fans are happy to see him go, he meets or exceeds expectations then he gets extended way before signing day and the recruiting is fine.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this because that players are worried about a coach being fired, or is it because of a coach who is not recruiting hard enough because he feels that this is his last year her regardless of outcome?

There is still plenty of time until signing day. At that time, we will have a coach with a contract in his hand. I expect we will do better once this happens. Many times a new coach gives a bump in recruiting.

Here is the perspective of one of our top shelf recruits....

Mountaineers still way ahead for four-star QB

The Crystal Ball reads 67-percent for West Virginia and 33-percent for Virginia for the nation’s No. 10 dual-threat quarterback in the 2018 class by 247SportsComposite.

"I told (Mountaineers coach Dana Holgorsen) that they are really high on my list," Desue said. "Definitely if they we're going to keep the coaches there and keep everything the same by the next time I visit there it would definitely be a school I would consider committing to."

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, this year should never have been a make or break season.

When WVU is making the kind of money it's making today as a Big 12 member, there is no reason to worry about the costs of letting Dana go last year.

If Dana has a terrible season, he will be fired. The new coach will take over a program with average recruits, and the threat of losing some on the current commit list. This poor recruiting class will impact the program in a huge manner in future years.

If Dana has a great season, he will either leverage his success to get more money in a raise than he would have earned last year... with more guaranteed money, or he will get a sweet offer from another school and leave. If he stays at WVU, it is unlikely he will get any top rated recruits to sign as most of them are already committed. This poor recruiting class will impact the program in a huge manner in future years.