• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best and Worst NFL Announcers

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more. And yet Brad Nessler is great, I love him doing SEC basketball games. If anyone can put up with Mayock's bullshit, he must be a pro.

Not only do I enjoy listening to Brad Nessler, but I think he even sounds a bit like Pat Summerall.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have your announcer guy that isn't a football guy. Like Cosell, Michaels & such, & then you have your so called expert in the field. Collinsworth is hands down the best guy in that department. By far!
Honestly if he wanted to take a pay cut to work harder he could become a coach on either side of the ball. Intelligence wise anyways. Not sure if he could be a hard ass when needed. So maybe a consultant.

I am a Cowboys fan but I don't like Aikman much either.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... My takeaway from reading that is if we were to calculate the screwups on a per word basis...since he has so much less airtime on broadcasts Tony Siragusa is exponentially worse than any other NFL announcer...and probably worse than any announcer or reporter in any sport, or from any planet, in the history of time.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Collinsworth too. He did the Olympics 4 or so summers ago and I thought he did an excellent job there, which is really when I turned on him.

One I can't stand on TV but love on the radio is Shannon Sharpe. On TV I think he struggles, but I've seen him do a 30 min radio spot and he comes off very knowledgable. Night and day for him.