• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best and Worst NFL Announcers

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the Collingsworth hate either. He may have an annoying personality but he teaches the common fan soooo much about the complexities of the game.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman is the worst, dumb as a rock and a biased packer hater.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the Collingsworth hate either. He may have an annoying personality but he teaches the common fan soooo much about the complexities of the game.

I think most of the hate really stems from his voice, whether people realize it or not. It's very monotone and that grinds on certain people either consciously or subconsciously. But if you actually listen to what he's saying, he's one of the few that actually provide real insight. Unlike guys like Dan Dierdorff, who spend their time kissing the ass of a certain player or team or spewing crap that makes no logical sense. Seriously, listen to his games. It's obvious he does zero prep work.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Worst colour guy I've heard this season (yes even worse than Jon Gruden) is Dan Fouts. He's not only terrible; he's also a huge homer.

My 2 favourites are Al Michaels & Mike Mayock.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know who the worst announcer is...there are a few....but I know without a doubt who the worst pre-game analyst is.

20110805__broncos-shannon-sharpe-080511-2~p1.jpg

Totally agree about Mr. Ed there. Warren Sapp is close though.

I haven't seen Donnovan McNabb, but I'm sure he sucks too because he usually sucks at everything.

Favourite pregame guy: Deion. Yes I'm a sucker for the superficiality & hype of Deion; the camera loves him. And as much as I hate to admit it: Michael Irvin is pretty entertaining too.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Buck is the worst IMO there isn't a close second

Could not agree more and it's funny because his dad was great. Al Michaels blows as does Aikman. I like Jim Nantz, Mike Tirico and Cris Collinsworth.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`d rather have my ex-wife bitch at me 24/7 than listen to mayock and Collinsworth.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for analyst..

warren Sapp and Michsel Irvin......Wow just simply WOW!

Could they get any bigger loud mouths from the NFL ever?

Oh yeah.......I forgot Deion Sanders.:doh:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree more and it's funny because his dad was great. Al Michaels blows as does Aikman. I like JiNantzo, Mike Tiricm and Cris Collinsworth.

These guys............:nod:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Collinsworth just notices EVERYTHING while it's happening. He'll notice in real-time a subtle block 15 yards away from the play that eventually led to its success. He will then show why the chipped guy would have caught the ball carrier down field if he hadn't been chipped. NO OTHER announcer comes close to being able to do that. The fact that he's teamed with Michaels means I think they're the GOAT broadcast team.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll jump into the support Collinsworth camp. You'll notice he'll pick up what coverages teams have been playing and what he thinks the other team will do to exploit it and almost on cue the offense will do exactly what he said. To be perfectly honest, I tone out most announcers.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Tirico didn't do worse. Every time I watch a MNF game, he seems to goof-up, and poorly recover afterwards.

I can't listen to the CBS crews at all.

Worst pregame guy would be Ditka to me. He's likable, but adds nothing any other senile old man couldn't offer.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman is the worst, dumb as a rock and a biased packer hater.

Aikman is awesome!

"That interception really hurts the Bears because not only do they lose possession of the ball but now the Packers are on offense."

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michaels/Collingsworth are the best tandem in the business which is why they are on the biggest prime time stage. You can dislike Collingsworth's voice but the guy is by far the most intelligent of all the commentators out there right now and never shows favoritism. He also isn't afraid to call out dumb plays and/or play-calling when it is there for all of us to see. I find that refreshing. The only problem I have (and it's a minor one) with their broadcast is when Al starts using some of his "big words" that really have no place in a football game.

I don't mind Buck/Aikman as much as some do. I think Nantz/Simms are very good. I was surprised to see so many mistakes in that article. Dierdorff is retiring anyway so I will lay off the old guy. The worst by a mile for me are Tirico/Gruden. Tirico might be able to be good with somebody else but I'm not sure. He seems to mess up on names quite often or maybe it just seems that way because I'm already in such a foul mood from listening to "Chucky". Mayock should never be on the air but the NFL network seems to have the bottom of the barrel for all their guys. I think Mayock should probably be doing college ball games (maybe no-name div 2 or something). Most of the other guys, I don't pay much attention to. They aren't great or awful, just mediocre.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best--Howard Cosell Lots hated him but he knew his shit
Worse--Dennis Miller--He wasnt funny and knew nothing about football:suds:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kornheiser was by far the worst ever. It's not even close.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Totally agree about Miller, especially the bolded part. The guy never was and never will be humorous. Just flat out annoying. Not just about football either. Dennis wasn't even funny on SNL, just stupid. Also agree that Kornheiser is right there with him at the bottom of a big stinking pile of dog shit when it comes to commentating.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree about Miller, especially the bolded part. The guy never was and never will be humorous. Just flat out annoying. Not just about football either. Dennis wasn't even funny on SNL, just stupid. Also agree that Kornheiser is right there with him at the bottom of a big stinking pile of dog shit when it comes to commentating.

Miller was horrible. I'm not old enough to remember Cosell but he doesn't seem that great to me. I've heard replays and thought he was annoying. Madden and Summerall were my favorite tandem. I always knew it was the big game when they were at the mic.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to despise Chris Collinsworth for years.

Then Mike Mayock came along.

He's more obnoxious than John Gruden, Chris Collinsworth and Kornhesier combined.

He's atrocious.

Al Michaels, Dan Dierdorf and Mike Tirico are the best IMO.

the only one I cant stand is Mayock

Try being a Notre Dame fan, we get Mayock for every home game.

Can't stand the guy