• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals/Steelers act one.....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unfortunate thing about this loss is that most people will just remember it as another example of why Andy Dalton sucks...... We know that.

But I feel like all the Dalton blame will mask a bigger issue..... Our D is horrendous. It's been horrendous all season.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unfortunate thing about this loss is that most people will just remember it as another example of why Andy Dalton sucks...... We know that.

But I feel like all the Dalton blame will mask a bigger issue..... Our D is horrendous. It's been horrendous all season.

This.

And this team has no heart and is mentally weak. When one thing goes wrong the whole team implodes. There is no leadership and no emotion.
4 blowouts and no one gives a shit but us

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

And this team has no heart and is mentally weak. When one thing goes wrong the whole team implodes. There is no leadership and no emotion.
4 blowouts and no one gives a shit but us

But, but, but....

63174301-e1378757805661.jpg

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And....

peko.jpg

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, half our fans want to trade AJ for a first round pick..... The one true playmaker we have.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best course of action would be to totally clean house coaching wise. This team will never achieve anything above what they already have with this current regime. Marv's message is falling on deaf ears. It is high past time for a change. We all know this isn't going to happen however and alas, here we sit.

How sad is it that a coach with 3 NFC Championship games in 4 years is about to lose his job, yet an 11 year coach with nary one single playoff win, is untouchable? Fuck the Bengals.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see a big drop off from Gruden to Jackson...... Jackson is better in some ways.

There is a HUGE difference between Zimmer and Pauly G..... This D isn't a shell of what it was the past 2 seasons.

Dalton looked competent under Gruden. He looks horrible now. Last year he had 33 TD and 20 INT. This season so far he's 13 and 13.

Last season we were averaging 26.9 ppg, now 21.7.

Agreed on the defense.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The best course of action would be to totally clean house coaching wise. This team will never achieve anything above what they already have with this current regime. Marv's message is falling on deaf ears. It is high past time for a change. We all know this isn't going to happen however and alas, here we sit.

How sad is it that a coach with 3 NFC Championship games in 4 years is about to lose his job, yet an 11 year coach with nary one single playoff win, is untouchable? Fuck the Bengals.

Nailed it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton looked competent under Gruden. He looks horrible now. Last year he had 33 TD and 20 INT. This season so far he's 13 and 13.

Agreed on the defense.

interesting stats

he has been consistently improving until now
I'm hesitant to attribute causation to Gruden until I see him figure out what he's doing in Washington, but I guess he'd be welcome here if Hue gets a job elsewhere.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gruden's offense was simply a better fit for Dalton. Who is the better overall OC assuming a normal QB, that's arguable.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As has been Pittsburgh's............neither team will go far in the playoffs...........I would like to say that I met a bunch of COOL Bengals fans on these threads and I may even start to create a five-way chili in homage to fans of the town that gave us WKRP... :suds:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on the defense.

I don't think Gruden would have Andy looking competent with Jones out for the season, AJ missing three games and Newhouse starting three games. Jackson has more to work with in terms of runners so he should be doing better.....

We'll see how good Gruden is when he's an OC somewhere next year.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked to the tune of 0 points yesterday.

At home.

would give it more time.

Colt McCoy is similar to Dalton I think.
Colt is more reliant on his tight end though, and the rams are good against tight ends.
he's not a complete QB yet, so maybe Gruden can shape him a little better.

might be a little too late though.

the skins are aweful.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dalton is what he is imo, an AVG NFL QB...not below avg...average...I will say though...the effort to get balance might've cost the Bengals this game...40-50 pass attempts should've been the game plan...AJ would've gone over 300 yds easy.

Steelers D hasn't been much better, I might argue worse than the Bengals actually...injuries I know, but aside from that, Idk what happened to the Bengals D after your bye week...looked very solid for 3 weeks then NE.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I am able to just now comment on this stinker.

As much as I want to blame this train wreck on Dalton, it is our defense that just sucks ass. They are down right horrible.

Dalton had a decent game I thought, Green was superman, and the rest, ehhhh..pretty pathetic. Even if we got lucky by the grace of God and made the playoffs, and Dalton was to finally have a decent game, our defense would give up 40 points. They suck.

That is all I have to say. Continue about your business.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I want to blame this train wreck on Dalton, it is our defense that just sucks ass. They are down right horrible.

Dalton had a decent game I thought, Green was superman, and the rest, ehhhh..pretty pathetic. Even if we got lucky by the grace of God and made the playoffs, and Dalton was to finally have a decent game, our defense would give up 40 points. They suck.

our defense is average, but our run defense is below average.
Bell is a very versatile RB so it makes since that the Steelers would beat us.
he might as well been Barry Sanders

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defense played like shit. They were on the field too much, partly of their own doing, but there's been absolutely no pressure the past 4 games and their inability to get to the QB hs been their biggest problem recently.