• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals should beat Sea at home

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the season comes down to week 8. At least we will see where we stand with a relatively healthy group against a SB contender

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs SF on the road.

if we win that game, this shit is on.

otherwise this team is competing for a wildcard seed at the end, and will end up losing in someone else's stadium.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs SF on the road.

if we win that game, this shit is on.

otherwise this team is competing for a wildcard seed at the end, and will end up losing in someone else's stadium.
Bengals win in SF and win at home against Buffalo. At 5-3 they are back to being one of the top 4-5 favorites for Super Bowl odds.

They immediately lose to the Texans..... Because of course we'll lose to the fucking Texans.

Then they lose to the Ravens. Everyone writes off the season again. 5-5.

They then win 5 of their last 7 and secure the last wildcard.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 5 weeks are the swing weeks of the season.

@ SF
Vs Buf
Vs Texans
@ Balt
Vs Pitt

I mean, if we are being honest...they have to split SF/Buf, at worst, and have to win the other 3. Need to earn that split w/Bmore, and then need to win both against the Steelers when going for the split to end the season against the Browns to get to 4-2 in the division.

Going 3-2 is the most likely outcome here, but the wins still have to include Balt and Pitt....

After that stretch you get a little respite with Jax, Indy, and Minn...before wrapping up with another tougher 3 game stretch to end the season, Pitt, KC, Cleve.

First things first, though...the next month+ is going to tell us where this team is headed.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 5 weeks are the swing weeks of the season.

@ SF
Vs Buf
Vs Texans
@ Balt
Vs Pitt

I mean, if we are being honest...they have to split SF/Buf, at worst, and have to win the other 3. Need to earn that split w/Bmore, and then need to win both against the Steelers when going for the split to end the season against the Browns to get to 4-2 in the division.

Going 3-2 is the most likely outcome here, but the wins still have to include Balt and Pitt....

After that stretch you get a little respite with Jax, Indy, and Minn...before wrapping up with another tougher 3 game stretch to end the season, Pitt, KC, Cleve.

First things first, though...the next month+ is going to tell us where this team is headed.
The way Baltimore is playing and the way their schedule breaks, I think they have a clear advantage for the division. In that case, I'm hoping to get to 10 wins by any means necessary. We know this group can compete on the road in the postseason. They've done it for two years straight. To be honest, they've probably been as good on the road in the postseason as they have been at home.

So, if we can go 3-2 over the next 5 weeks, I really like our chances to pick up 4 of the final 6 and make it to 10 wins. That will be good enough for a wildcard and I can make the argument that all of the division winners have flaws/quetions that would make them vulnerable.

Obviously this is all a moot point if we don't round into form. If this team is just not going to fire, I think we'll struggle to get to 8 wins this season and we will look back at this year as a lost season. On the other hand, if this team plays 90% up to expectations and talent level I think they should win enough to get in the dance.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Baltimore is playing and the way their schedule breaks, I think they have a clear advantage for the division. In that case, I'm hoping to get to 10 wins by any means necessary. We know this group can compete on the road in the postseason. They've done it for two years straight. To be honest, they've probably been as good on the road in the postseason as they have been at home.

So, if we can go 3-2 over the next 5 weeks, I really like our chances to pick up 4 of the final 6 and make it to 10 wins. That will be good enough for a wildcard and I can make the argument that all of the division winners have flaws/quetions that would make them vulnerable.

Obviously this is all a moot point if we don't round into form. If this team is just not going to fire, I think we'll struggle to get to 8 wins this season and we will look back at this year as a lost season. On the other hand, if this team plays 90% up to expectations and talent level I think they should win enough to get in the dance.
Agreed...They've put themselves in the driver's seat with winning early...something the Bengals continue to struggle with under Taylor. At some point, he needs to realize they can't punt on the first 4-5 games of the season as a defacto pre-season session.

Getting to 10 wins all depends on how this team comes out of the bye and plays. If they continue playing the way they have on offense, it's going to be a struggle, if we are being honest. If they continue to play as they have, they likely lose to both SF and Buff. They can handle the Texans, but then would likely split Balt/Pitt. So, that's only 2 wins in the next 5 and puts them at 5 wins.

Meaning, they would need to win all 3 off the Jax/Indy/Minn games to put them within striking distance of 10 heading into the final 3 games of the season...needing to win 2 of 3 against Pitt, KC, Cleve. I don't really like those chances.

Now, that being said - if this team can get back to the previous 2 years form on offense...that changes things dramatically....I think they can go 4-1 over this next 5 game stretch, but even at 3-2, that puts them at 6 wins...and likely winning all 3 games in that Indy/Jax/Minn stretch...9 wins, and likely winning 2 of the final 3. Not only pushing them past 10 wins, but a legit shot at stilling winning 11 or 12.

I guess it's a long way of saying, I don't see a lot of middle ground with this team right now, and how the schedule is set up. Either they are going to struggle overall, or they are going to get where they need to be ... not "easily" but with some room to spare.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...They've put themselves in the driver's seat with winning early...something the Bengals continue to struggle with under Taylor. At some point, he needs to realize they can't punt on the first 4-5 games of the season as a defacto pre-season session.

Getting to 10 wins all depends on how this team comes out of the bye and plays. If they continue playing the way they have on offense, it's going to be a struggle, if we are being honest. If they continue to play as they have, they likely lose to both SF and Buff. They can handle the Texans, but then would likely split Balt/Pitt. So, that's only 2 wins in the next 5 and puts them at 5 wins.

Meaning, they would need to win all 3 off the Jax/Indy/Minn games to put them within striking distance of 10 heading into the final 3 games of the season...needing to win 2 of 3 against Pitt, KC, Cleve. I don't really like those chances.

Now, that being said - if this team can get back to the previous 2 years form on offense...that changes things dramatically....I think they can go 4-1 over this next 5 game stretch, but even at 3-2, that puts them at 6 wins...and likely winning all 3 games in that Indy/Jax/Minn stretch...9 wins, and likely winning 2 of the final 3. Not only pushing them past 10 wins, but a legit shot at stilling winning 11 or 12.

I guess it's a long way of saying, I don't see a lot of middle ground with this team right now, and how the schedule is set up. Either they are going to struggle overall, or they are going to get where they need to be ... not "easily" but with some room to spare.
I'm not optimistic. I sort of feel like this is going to be a lost season. On the other hand, if you would have asked me how things were going to go last year on 11/1, I would have said they were dead in the water. They were 4-4, Chase was injured, Chido went out for the year and the Browns violated us on MNF. I hate counting on 10 game win streaks, but it's clear that this team has a different gear if they can find it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not optimistic. I sort of feel like this is going to be a lost season. On the other hand, if you would have asked me how things were going to go last year on 11/1, I would have said they were dead in the water. They were 4-4, Chase was injured, Chido went out for the year and the Browns violated us on MNF. I hate counting on 10 game win streaks, but it's clear that this team has a different gear if they can find it.
SF is banged up. Coming off a short week. I'll continue to say it - it's not about WHO you play as much as WHEN you play them.

Come out of the bye and get a win at SF, and now they've won 3 in a row and 4 of 5 and have some momentum. They've always matched up against Buf well and if they somehow win both of those....you get shades of last years' run...

Of course, they could lay an egg and lose both and then yeah...lost year...LOL

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF is banged up. Coming off a short week. I'll continue to say it - it's not about WHO you play as much as WHEN you play them.

Come out of the bye and get a win at SF, and now they've won 3 in a row and 4 of 5 and have some momentum. They've always matched up against Buf well and if they somehow win both of those....you get shades of last years' run...

Of course, they could lay an egg and lose both and then yeah...lost year...LOL
I'd feel better if SF didn't lose last night. I have more faith in that squad playing with a sense of urgency than I do in our squad playing with a sense of urgency. But, you're right - They are banged up and reeling a little. Jumping on them early would really do some favors.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF is probably climbing a snow capped mountain for their training montage video.

but really, they kinda look wounded right now, this might work out for us. I still wouldn't bet on the game though.