• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals should beat Sea at home

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will get man handled. Absolutely blown out. We are no match for Seattle, and it will be proven Sunday.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a fairly even game, as long as Joey B feels up to it.

if we had to play it in Seattle, I think the Hawks would definitely have the advantage.
The Hawks have had the fortune of playing some jobbers so far this year, which is sort of what we are, but we're more middle of the road.

San Fran is going to expose our defense though, that's going to be something to watch, just how slow our defenders are comparatively.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if we had to play it in Seattle, I think the Hawks would definitely have the advantage.
The Hawks have had the fortune of playing some jobbers so far this year, which is sort of what we are, but we're more middle of the road.

San Fran is going to expose our defense though, that's going to be something to watch, just how slow our defenders are comparatively.
Seattle is going to kill us, now be quiet you are ruining my mojo!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll disagree on our defensive speed...I think it is pretty good. Turner is fast. CBT is pretty quick. I think the safeties all have at least decent speed, and the LB's are 2 of the best in coverage in the NFL.

Where SF gets you is that they have an offense that is just STACKED. With Aiyuk, Samuels, CMC, Kittle...their QB only has to be a manager making the right throws. Honestly, it reminds me a lot of the 2015 Bengals when you had a top tier AJ Green, Marvin Jones, a Health Eifert, and Jeremy Hill in his prime year. Dalton was so good that year because he was surrounded with playmakers and only had to make the right read/throw....which is to say they didn't have to rely on him doing a lot of heavy lifting with his arm. I think the same is very true currently for SF.

That's a long way of saying - when you have that kind of talent on an offense - no matter how "fast" your defense may be, there are going to be plays to be had for the offense. The best hope is to try and disguise the defense as best as you can, and hope you can apply quick pressure and force the ball out sooner than the QB can truly read the defense. Bengals have had some success with this - going back to their games against Buf and KC...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree on our defensive speed...I think it is pretty good. Turner is fast. CBT is pretty quick. I think the safeties all have at least decent speed, and the LB's are 2 of the best in coverage in the NFL.

Where SF gets you is that they have an offense that is just STACKED. With Aiyuk, Samuels, CMC, Kittle...their QB only has to be a manager making the right throws. Honestly, it reminds me a lot of the 2015 Bengals when you had a top tier AJ Green, Marvin Jones, a Health Eifert, and Jeremy Hill in his prime year. Dalton was so good that year because he was surrounded with playmakers and only had to make the right read/throw....which is to say they didn't have to rely on him doing a lot of heavy lifting with his arm. I think the same is very true currently for SF.

That's a long way of saying - when you have that kind of talent on an offense - no matter how "fast" your defense may be, there are going to be plays to be had for the offense. The best hope is to try and disguise the defense as best as you can, and hope you can apply quick pressure and force the ball out sooner than the QB can truly read the defense. Bengals have had some success with this - going back to their games against Buf and KC...

yea basically. they have so many playmakers it's like trying to swat a fly in a tornado.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SF's skill personnel is going to all stay healthy, things are going to be difficult for the entire league. That's always been the rub with them - Their stars have missed a lot of time in prior seasons.

As for Seattle.... Hard to know what to make of them. Obviously a lot of talent on that team. Best chance against them is to have a strong first half. Getting behind against them will play right into their hands.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SF's skill personnel is going to all stay healthy, things are going to be difficult for the entire league. That's always been the rub with them - Their stars have missed a lot of time in prior seasons.

As for Seattle.... Hard to know what to make of them. Obviously a lot of talent on that team. Best chance against them is to have a strong first half. Getting behind against them will play right into their hands.
yea, 3 and outs in the first quarter won't cut it

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is hard to project, IMO....lost on opening weekend to the Rams, who were likely closest they've been to healthy this season...so no real shame there.

Beat the Lions, who have been good, but they did give up 30+ points. Then nearly gave up 30 again the next week to the Panthers, which was their season high in points to date.

Then held the Giants to 3 without Barkley, but overall a team that has struggled nearly as bad as the Bengals (until last week) to score consistently.

For me, early returns are muddy, but I'm leaning to the "I don't think that they are likely as good as their record" side of things at the moment. Assuming Burrow has turned the corner with his calf, and he can do the things we saw last week and build on that momentum of health - I think the Bengals should be in a very favorable spot to win heading into the bye week - especially since this is a home game.

And once again, assuming for a moment they do win and get to 3-3....we will spend the bye week looking back at games 1-4 wondering if this team could have been 4-2 or even 5-1 if they had just come out of the pre-season better prepared to hit the ground running...a theme under Taylor of slow starts...and for a team with SB aspirations - getting homefield is a huge key - and writing off the 1st quarter of the season is a stupid approach.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is hard to project, IMO....lost on opening weekend to the Rams, who were likely closest they've been to healthy this season...so no real shame there.

Beat the Lions, who have been good, but they did give up 30+ points. Then nearly gave up 30 again the next week to the Panthers, which was their season high in points to date.

Then held the Giants to 3 without Barkley, but overall a team that has struggled nearly as bad as the Bengals (until last week) to score consistently.

For me, early returns are muddy, but I'm leaning to the "I don't think that they are likely as good as their record" side of things at the moment. Assuming Burrow has turned the corner with his calf, and he can do the things we saw last week and build on that momentum of health - I think the Bengals should be in a very favorable spot to win heading into the bye week - especially since this is a home game.

And once again, assuming for a moment they do win and get to 3-3....we will spend the bye week looking back at games 1-4 wondering if this team could have been 4-2 or even 5-1 if they had just come out of the pre-season better prepared to hit the ground running...a theme under Taylor of slow starts...and for a team with SB aspirations - getting homefield is a huge key - and writing off the 1st quarter of the season is a stupid approach.
I can't make much out of Seattle either. That Detroit win looks incredible given how well Detroit has played outside of that game. That said, Detroit turned it over 3 times that day and the game still went to overtime. The MNF game against the Giants was 14-3 deep in the second half with the Giants driving to make it a 1 score game and then they gave up the huge pick 6.

It looks to me that if the offense can play a clean game without turnovers and penalties, we'll be in decent shape. Getting out to a lead against them would really add to the advantage as Seattle strikes me as one of those teams that can make it very uncomfortable if they get up on you.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to beat Sea to even entertain staying with SF. We've yet to jell

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here to collect my check. I think.

we win barely, need to score more than 17 points at home in the future, damn.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played the best they have all season. Lou dialed different pressure packages and forced Geno into risky throws and sacks on key downs.

I really like our young DBs. Hill has flashed this year. As has Turner. But CTB is a future Pro Bowler IMO. He got in Metcalf’s head early on and has been pesky all season really.

The offense cooked for about 4 drives. Then vanished again. They need some serious self scouting during the bye week. Joe is healthy finally. There is no excuse for the lack of production on that side of the ball with the talent they have. None.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played the best they have all season. Lou dialed different pressure packages and forced Geno into risky throws and sacks on key downs.

I really like our young DBs. Hill has flashed this year. As has Turner. But CTB is a future Pro Bowler IMO. He got in Metcalf’s head early on and has been pesky all season really.

The offense cooked for about 4 drives. Then vanished again. They need some serious self scouting during the bye week. Joe is healthy finally. There is no excuse for the lack of production on that side of the ball with the talent they have. None.
I'm also excited about the secondary. CTB was awesome. It's a nice luxury to have a corner that physical that seems to get better at guarding every week. He frustrated DKM for most of the day.

The offense continues to just flat out miss blitzers on D. I realize Seattle has been good at this with their scheme, but this is 3 straight years that we can't consistently identify or pick-up blitzes or stunts. And when it starts to happen the offense just goes to shit. I agree that they desperately need some self-scouting and to find some solutions that go beyond just getting Ja'Marr the ball and hoping for the best.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also excited about the secondary. CTB was awesome. It's a nice luxury to have a corner that physical that seems to get better at guarding every week. He frustrated DKM for most of the day.

The offense continues to just flat out miss blitzers on D. I realize Seattle has been good at this with their scheme, but this is 3 straight years that we can't consistently identify or pick-up blitzes or stunts. And when it starts to happen the offense just goes to shit. I agree that they desperately need some self-scouting and to find some solutions that go beyond just getting Ja'Marr the ball and hoping for the best.
Chase should get 8-10 balls a game in different ways/slots. We don't need to force things to him, but we need to find creative ways to keep putting the ball in his hands, and balance the rest of the offense just to keep the defense honest on Chase.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game. our offense scored on the opening drive with ease then got wrecked the entire rest of the game. Just to put it out there I was to the max pulling for you guys to beat the rams in the super bowl.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase should get 8-10 balls a game in different ways/slots. We don't need to force things to him, but we need to find creative ways to keep putting the ball in his hands, and balance the rest of the offense just to keep the defense honest on Chase.
I felt early on, the playcalling once again hit the middle...then as the game progressed...that went away. The only real target I saw over the middle in the 2nd half, I think, was the chase slant that went for 12-15 yards...

Higgins is simply having a terrible season. I would wager he has nearly as many drops/OPI as he does catches. He looks awful out there...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I wan to see more of Chase Brown...I like Mixon and I don't think he's doing badly...but man...the amount of times he goes down on contact has got to be a concern....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game. our offense scored on the opening drive with ease then got wrecked the entire rest of the game. Just to put it out there I was to the max pulling for you guys to beat the rams in the super bowl.
Good luck to you guys the rest of the way. Lots of weapons on Seattle - I was not feeling very good after they basically just walked down the field at the beginning of the game. I'd say that the Bengals got really lucky yesterday, but they've won several games just like this over the past two years.... Relying on a D that bends a bunch but is stingy in the redzone. That was missing so far this year, so hopefully this is a trend.