• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, sarcasm isn't easily picked up on via forum and text without proper emojis or punctuation lol
About 90% of what you read on the Hoop should always be taken as sarcasm until proven otherwise lol. Its definitely more difficult to pick up on in the individual team forums though. After a few months you'll start to understand who's who.

Oh yea... and fuck that poosay Flacco

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll probably throw for 400yds & 3 TDs against the Steelers with this scheme & secondary. People will be talking OROY afterwards.

I’m being half sarcastic half serious….

@Wamu

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll probably throw for 400yds & 3 TDs against the Steelers with this scheme & secondary. People will be talking OROY afterwards.

@Wamu

Pretty sure Kizer will be the Clowns 27th starter since their return in '99. All I can say is I hope he has more success than the last Clowns starter from N.D. Brandy Quinn.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Wamu

What this says to me...Hue is pretty comfortable right now. He's not worried about going 8-8 or 4-12. Some people felt Kiser had the most upside of the top QBs imo, getting pushed into the 2nd round was really a nice find for CLE...is he ready? Probably not, but it sounds like he's won the job.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, the Steelers don't see the Bungles until week 7.

Just give that cocksucker the banhammer already.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, the Steelers don't see the Bungles until week 7.

Just give that cocksucker the banhammer already.

It's hard to believe you can get 5 games for hitting a guy in the chest - In the field of play.... Before the whistle.

But that's the reality for Burfict now - He's not going to be an effective player in this league for much longer.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to believe you can get 5 games for hitting a guy in the chest - In the field of play.... Before the whistle.

But that's the reality for Burfict now - He's not going to be an effective player in this league for much longer.
Wasn't the hit far away from the play? Didn't see it but it definitely sounded dirty to me.

Regardless, all the foul play over the years has painted a huge target on his back. Take James Harrison for example. If it even appears that Deebo hits someone above the neck or late there will be a letter in the mail the next morning, if not that night, fining his ass. Players have to learn to adapt. NFL rules definitely favor the offense nowadays.

So far Burfict hasn't given anyone any reason to believe he has changed his style of play. But you already know that I'm biased since I loathe the man.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the hit far away from the play? Didn't see it but it definitely sounded dirty to me.

Regardless, all the foul play over the years has painted a huge target on his back. Take James Harrison for example. If it even appears that Deebo hits someone above the neck or late there will be a letter in the mail the next morning, if not that night, fining his ass. Players have to learn to adapt. NFL rules definitely favor the offense nowadays.

So far Burfict hasn't given anyone any reason to believe he has changed his style of play. But you already know that I'm biased since I loathe the man.

I agree with your point about Harrison - I think I've heard him say as much. Burfict doesn't help himself by making an unnecessary play like the one here (watch the video)..... But if you are going by the letter of the law, I think you have to call it a legal play, even though it looks pretty bad. Regardless, Burfict will be suspended and he's also costing himself a ton of money in FA. Not sure he'll ever change - And if he did, I'm not sure he'd be quite as good.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I could see from replays...there was nothing wrong with the hit itself aside from the fact there was no reason to hit the player....if he brushes him or bumps him to knock him off his route, we're not talking about this...he drove a shoulder into the guy's chest...legal, but he could've avoided that level of contact.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns released Joe Haden.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw that coming...just too much cash on the books for his production.

Should PIT be on the phone?

Yes! But I don't want to pay him much more than $4 mil per.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I hear he's burnt toast now. He was very good, now used up.
I wouldn't touch him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like it's quite possible he'll be a Steeler.

Beggars and Choosers.

William Gay looks to be trying out to make a move to S, too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I hear he's burnt toast now. He was very good, now used up.
I wouldn't touch him.

He played well last yr...reportedly his knee is sound...the major issue here is health...he's better than Cockrell hands down.

His 3 int, would tie Burns for the lead among Steeler CBs LY and his 11 PD...would have been 2nd to Burns.

No guarantees, but I like this move if it happens...he knows the DIV WRs already...I think he will be up to speed with the DEF relatively quick, but most importantly...I think he's an upgrade at CB2.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worth noting that the corner I've seen AJ Green struggle the most against is Joe Haden. It's been a few years since we've seen Haden at his best, but he flat out shut AJ down a few games early in their careers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worth noting that the corner I've seen AJ Green struggle the most against is Joe Haden. It's been a few years since we've seen Haden at his best, but he flat out shut AJ down a few games early in their careers.

Antonio Brown apparently vouched for him as being a tough defender as recently as LY. PIT has people on the ground in Charlotte as of this afternoon for a meeting with Haden. The Steelers know several other teams are interested.

This is such a no brainer that it should be done already...I'm hearing this is Cockrell's 2nd trip to Tomlin's dog house so I have a feeling this or another move at CB will happen this season.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is accurate. Haden is the official A.J. Green stopper. If the Steelers completely neutralize him, Bengals have no prayer.

God I hate the Steelers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3