• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAL 20, CIN 0...people have been throwing dirt on BAL...I didn't see any of this game, but from the highlights, it seems like the Bengals OL nor DL was not playing well...I'm on record thinking they are not going to like moving the kid that bombed out at RT over to LT. I'm not sure if the Ravens picked up this on tape or whatever, but they were all over Dalton's release of the ball...two picks were batted balls and Suggs was not really trying to pass rush when he batted one that was picked...something to note.

I've been feeling this is the last straw for Lewis in CIN and they finally pull the plug on him if they don't go to the playoffs and win...Getting shutout at home in your opener has to have his seat a little warmer today.

It's a shame as a fan that I know the entire Bengals playbook. It's so vanilla and the Ravens finally strengthen their defense and wasn't gonna put up with that shit anymore.

With Whitworth not on the team anymore, we have no leadership to speak of and our O-Line is officially the worst in the league. Dalton and Marvin have no emotion; no fire. You saw the Texans replace mediocrity immediately yesterday!? Yeah. We're incapable of that. Like we can barely tie our shoes.

The seat may be warm, but that won't stop Marvin from smiling. Nothing won't happen. Because this is a joke and the Bengals are the joke.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame as a fan that I know the entire Bengals playbook. It's so vanilla and the Ravens finally strengthen their defense and wasn't gonna put up with that shit anymore.

With Whitworth not on the team anymore, we have no leadership to speak of and our O-Line is officially the worst in the league. Dalton and Marvin have no emotion; no fire. You saw the Texans replace mediocrity immediately yesterday!? Yeah. We're incapable of that. Like we can barely tie our shoes.

The seat may be warm, but that won't stop Marvin from smiling. Nothing won't happen. Because this is a joke and the Bengals are the joke.

Ravens really seemed dialed in on Dalton.

I think Lewis was granted some extra time for bringing the Bengals back to playoff caliber football after a long period of not being in the playoffs. He's gone through a lot of coordinators that have gone on to HC jobs...a lot of top 15 draft picks so the talent was always there in CIN...I think (I know) it was okay to the FO for the team to be competitive, even if they didn't win once they got to the playoffs.

Now, after realizing that with good talent, Lewis can't get them over the top in the playoffs, what's the purpose of letting him get the team back to playoff caliber? It would kind be like...we've seen this movie before.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens really seemed dialed in on Dalton.

I think Lewis was granted some extra time for bringing the Bengals back to playoff caliber football after a long period of not being in the playoffs. He's gone through a lot of coordinators that have gone on to HC jobs...a lot of top 15 draft picks so the talent was always there in CIN...I think (I know) it was okay to the FO for the team to be competitive, even if they didn't win once they got to the playoffs.

Now, after realizing that with good talent, Lewis can't get them over the top in the playoffs, what's the purpose of letting him get the team back to playoff caliber? It would kind be like...we've seen this movie before.

It's like...

It's like we have this impenetrable wall of ineptitude and it's impossible to breakthrough ( not even with a miracle ). You can cry, scream, insult, understand, etc... It's some form of a sick joke the Football Gods cursed us with :heh:

It has no reason. Lol I don't know how to explain this shit. Fortunately, I won't have to too much longer ( following McCarron wherever he goes ). Made up my mind for awhile now. Count your blessings everyday you were born a Steelers fan. No one deserves this torture.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the beginning of the end for Lewis. They got rid of their two leaders last offseason (Whitworth and Peko) and then failed to sign Lewis to an extension. I think the guys on the team are playing out the string.... They know it's over after this season. There is a lot of talent at skill positions on the Bengals roster. But the offensive line is trainwreck, the coaching is watered down (after losing talent to other teams) and Marvin's message no longer gets it done for the team.

As for the Ravens - Good D, but we knew that. Can't make any judgements on the offense. They didn't really have to do much yesterday to keep control of the game. I still don't see them as a threat in the AFC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT 21, CLE 18...obviously happy for the road win...even w/o their #1 overall draft pick, the Browns DEF came to play yesterday. Kizer was a steal as a 2nd rd player...clearly has the arm talent to be a big time player in the league, but it wasn't going to happen in week one. I think the Steelers front 7 played well without showing a ton...lot of man on man battles won at the point of attack....PIT hosts MIN this week and CLE stays in the DIV for back to back weeks as they are going to BAL.

BAL 20, CIN 0...people have been throwing dirt on BAL...I didn't see any of this game, but from the highlights, it seems like the Bengals OL nor DL was not playing well...I'm on record thinking they are not going to like moving the kid that bombed out at RT over to LT. I'm not sure if the Ravens picked up this on tape or whatever, but they were all over Dalton's release of the ball...two picks were batted balls and Suggs was not really trying to pass rush when he batted one that was picked...something to note.

I've been feeling this is the last straw for Lewis in CIN and they finally pull the plug on him if they don't go to the playoffs and win...Getting shutout at home in your opener has to have his seat a little warmer today.
CIN... Been talking about it all offseason. That O-line is going to be serving Dalton a full diet of rubber pellets this season. They wanted to go in another direction this offseason, but one would have thought they would have better prepared for these losses in the draft. They had 11 picks in the draft, and only 1 of those went to the O-line. And they waited until the 5th rd. That was ridiculous. The grabbed some stellar pieces with Ross, Mixon & Willis, but I think 1 of those picks would have been better served on a OT. They put entirely too much faith in Ogbuehi, when he has already proven to be a failure. Not sure what they were thinking there.

BAL... Sure didn't notice a team fielding backups at multiple different positions on both sides of the ball. They looked like their old self, which is scary. That defense is going to be dominant this season. And I think I have underestimated the addition of Maclin on some level. The speed they have at WR is dangerous. Not a big believer in their ground game though, so they may still be a tad 1-dimensional.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Bengals Football.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what are you chaps going to do with the #1 overall pick?

Want to trade it to us for LeVeon Bell?

Assuming they keep Dalton (which I suspect will happen), they can hopefully trade it for some picks.

Two issues..... 1) we're not smart enough to win a draft day trade and 2) we won't get the first pick. Everyone knows the Bengals will win some meaningless football games in December. Meanwhile, the Jets will be tanking the entire season.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming they keep Dalton (which I suspect will happen), they can hopefully trade it for some picks.

Two issues..... 1) we're not smart enough to win a draft day trade and 2) we won't get the first pick. Everyone knows the Bengals will win some meaningless football games in December. Meanwhile, the Jets will be tanking the entire season.
Aah, moral victories!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Bengals. I heard a bunch of y'all talking mad shit about this year. What the hell is happening?! You do know that, in order to win games, you gotta score points right?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bad time for the Bengals to be playing HOU's DEF.

@ GB this week, I think the Bengals staring down an 0-3 start and I would probably bet on @ CLE week 4.

A lot not to like from a CIN fan standpoint...a rookie QB coming into your building...not a great game by any stretch, but a few key plays the CIN DEF allowed...one that probably will go unnoticed....3rd & 15+ not quite in FG range in the 4Q and Watson runs for 11 or 12 yds and get them into FG position...that took a FG winner out of play for CIN.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way too much talent I think to be in the conversation with the Jets...the boys in a green are heading towards a 3 or less win season. SF will be close in proxmity...Long way from a legitmate conversation, but if the Bengals end up top 10 again...there are reportedly 3 top 15 DEs including the LSU kid Keys, who is probably top 5. Or...would they take the 2 or 3rd QB off the board?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be facing Case Keenum this week and not Sam Bradford. 2-0!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be facing Case Keenum this week and not Sam Bradford. 2-0!
That would be unfortunate. I want to see what this team is made of, not to get gift-wrapped wins. I don't want them to limp through the regular season and crumble in the postseason.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be unfortunate. I want to see what this team is made of, not to get gift-wrapped wins. I don't want them to limp through the regular season and crumble in the postseason.

Don't worry, we will get plenty of challenges from the Chiefs, Patriots, Packers and Ravens (always gotta count them in as a challenge).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, we will get plenty of challenges from the Chiefs, Patriots, Packers and Ravens (always gotta count them in as a challenge).
True. Especially the Packers. Because games against NFC opponents are essentially meaningless for the Steelers in regards to AFC seeding. So getting to play against NFC contenders is a great way to test this team. Win or Lose, they get to test their mettle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Especially the Packers. Because games against NFC opponents are essentially meaningless for the Steelers in regards to AFC seeding. So getting to play against NFC contenders is a great way to test this team. Win or Lose, they get to test their mettle.

Not entirely...rare, but some tie breakers can go down to the common opponent level.

I do like seeing the team get tested by the top QBs...gives you a real sense of what we are working with as a team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely...rare, but some tie breakers can go down to the common opponent level.

I do like seeing the team get tested by the top QBs...gives you a real sense of what we are working with as a team.
I made that statement with the assumption the Steelers will be in a position where they won't need tiebreakers lol.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Bengals. I heard a bunch of y'all talking mad shit about this year. What the hell is happening?! You do know that, in order to win games, you gotta score points right?

Bullshit. There isn't a single post on the SportsHoopla with Bengal fans talking 'mad shit' about this year. I haven't heard a single Bengal fan say that the Bengals were any threat to the Steelers. Did some of us believe they could sneak a WC spot in a top-heavy AFC? Yes. But, that doesn't mean anyone thought they were a contender.