• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now .....

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this may be the end for Read. Just my opinion, but I see the Flyers going for bigger and faster players. I like Read, but he seems to have lost his step in Hakstol's system. I think he will be dealt during the offseason or the TDL.
He has lost a step every year since his rookie season. We have to get bigger or faster and it would help to get bigger and faster and move out players like Read although I like him too.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read was at his best when Jake was on the right side of the line with Cooter. His shoulder and ankle injuries appear to have taken a greater tole than probably expected. He still has a wicked shot. He still had good hockey sense and can play a decent defensive first game. He is much less likely to make a move that has a higher risk/reward than a simple safe play. This is also most likely a side effect of the ankle injury and shoulder injury.
I think he could still be a good productive player. I don't think he is as much a part of the future as he was even as much last offseason. He could bring a nice return or as part of a package a very very nice return.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read is just no longer fast enough to make up for his smaller stature. That and he seems to have lost his scoring touch. I hope he gets it back for the next couple of seasons, because his time in Philly will probably be up at that stage.

White had 11 goals (same as Read) from the 4th line. I love this guy, but he needs to get to the dirty areas and pump that puck home, like Ryan does. No more fucking around.

The same can be said for Voracek, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, hindsight is obviously 20/20, but this was and still is a bad trade for us. We should've gotten another year or two from Hartnell and then ditched him for a pick. Instead, we ended up with essentially a $4.6 million bag of pucks for three seasons. Buying out Umberger lessens that some, but it still leaves $1.6 million for next season and adds $1.5 million to the following season, which hurts. I'll forgive Hexy for the move though however.

The headline of that article is misleading. It's fine that we moved Hartnell, because now we don't have to protect him, but he has since been fairly productive. We essentially got nothing in return for that production except a lack of cap space...lol

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hindsight is obviously 20/20, but this was and still is a bad trade for us. We should've gotten another year or two from Hartnell and then ditched him for a pick. Instead, we ended up with essentially a $4.6 million bag of pucks for three seasons. Buying out Umberger lessens that some, but it still leaves $1.6 million for next season and adds $1.5 million to the following season, which hurts. I'll forgive Hexy for the move though however.

The headline of that article is misleading. It's fine that we moved Hartnell, because now we don't have to protect him, but he has since been fairly productive. We essentially got nothing in return for that production except a lack of cap space...lol
I thought the headline was misleading also. Ill also give Hexy a pass on this as I thought the trade stunk but it was the beginning of what hopefully is a long run at the cup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we going to do with Matt Read? We have him 2 more years at 3.625 mill per

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we going to do with Matt Read? We have him 2 more years at 3.625 mill per

Hope he takes a long look at himself and works his tail off in the offseason, then coach him up during the season and hope he improves. There's not much else to do. Let him play out his two seasons and then he can likely walk.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he takes a long look at himself and works his tail off in the offseason, then coach him up during the season and hope he improves. There's not much else to do. Let him play out his two seasons and then he can likely walk.
We can only hope he returns to a player who makes a difference in a game about 20- 30 games per year. He had 47 points and plus 13 in his rookie year what happened to that guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains his lack luster play, But I like how he took the heat and didn't use the injury as an excuse!!!

Top notch guy!!!!
The Captain played this injury like a captain should. No excuses. It was clear something was wrong when I saw him take a shot a bend over and wince. Another sign was the amount of shots he took it was very low for him.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Captain played this injury like a captain should. No excuses. It was clear something was wrong when I saw him take a shot a bend over and wince. Another sign was the amount of shots he took it was very low for him.

Agreed

To many athletes today use the excuse, "I was hurt"
Says a lot for his character that he didn't use this as an excuse and did his best to play through it, Props to the Captain!!!!