• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now .....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it Eville. I am speaking primarily of extensions and sech going forward as a couple of articles I have read indicate that Hextall is thinking along those lines. Sorry if I had not made that clear.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would be wise to extend either goalie until after next season. They them play it out and the better goalie gets the extension. Neither goalie is a picture of health. Hopefully Stolarz is ready come 2017 to split time with whoever is signed after next season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude, I was ready to post this up also, just came through on CSN PHILLY.
I hope they keep him!!!!!

:suds:
I wouldn't mind keeping him but id rather have Matt Martin if it doesn't cost too much. Its going to be an interesting summer. Enjoy the weekend I know I am

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind keeping him but id rather have Matt Martin if it doesn't cost too much. Its going to be an interesting summer. Enjoy the weekend I know I am

It's going to be good!!!

Take care!!!!!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO
White gets resigned. He wants to stay and it is pretty clear that the Flyers want to keep him. I have no problem with that.
Gudas, the Flyers would like to extend him. Fine. How long?
Vinny is retiring. That money comes off the cap. The 1/2 contract for Luke Schenn and the $500k for Grossmann come off the books.

My biggest concern/question....how much of the current roster is kept intact going into training camp? There are moveable assets who could both improve the draft position, free up cap space and potentially bring back good returns.

IF Hexy wants to go low and slow, he may extend Gudas but he will not make any more moves regarding the blue line (accept for showing Medvedev the door) until after camp opens and he sees Provorov and Morin in Hakstol's system with other NHL players. That is fine but that is somewhat how this past year played out.

When it comes to forwards, resign Schenn. Either trade Read or put him in a time machine back to his rookie season. The bottom line is that the Flyers NEED more speed and size at the forward position. They need Raffle to develop more offensive chops (no pressure, really). They need a player bigger than Gagner who has at least Gagner's speed and offensive chops.

I am really looking forward to how the off season plays out.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO
White gets resigned. He wants to stay and it is pretty clear that the Flyers want to keep him. I have no problem with that.
Gudas, the Flyers would like to extend him. Fine. How long?
Vinny is retiring. That money comes off the cap. The 1/2 contract for Luke Schenn and the $500k for Grossmann come off the books.

My biggest concern/question....how much of the current roster is kept intact going into training camp? There are moveable assets who could both improve the draft position, free up cap space and potentially bring back good returns.

IF Hexy wants to go low and slow, he may extend Gudas but he will not make any more moves regarding the blue line (accept for showing Medvedev the door) until after camp opens and he sees Provorov and Morin in Hakstol's system with other NHL players. That is fine but that is somewhat how this past year played out.

When it comes to forwards, resign Schenn. Either trade Read or put him in a time machine back to his rookie season. The bottom line is that the Flyers NEED more speed and size at the forward position. They need Raffle to develop more offensive chops (no pressure, really). They need a player bigger than Gagner who has at least Gagner's speed and offensive chops.

I am really looking forward to how the off season plays out.

Did Medvedev sleep with someones' wife? Why sign the guy,to sit him?- bye bye

Read seems to be getting worse as he goes along- bye bye

As for the size and speed up front,they need someone to help Simmonds keep the other teams in check.

That's why I hope they keep White-guy plays hard,and is not afraid to bang bodies

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for the size and speed up front,they need someone to help Simmonds keep the other teams in check.

That's why I hope they keep White-guy plays hard,and is not afraid to bang bodies
Agreed on all accounts White is a good guy to keep plus he can play on the PP.

Not sure about Med he looked good at times but they have a lot of D coming up...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudas deserves to stay love the guy.

Read hard to say but he needs more production for the small guy.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands the Flyers pick 17th, 48th, 56th, 78th, 84th, 108th, 138th, 168th, 174th, 198th.

Five in the top 100. In a draft that is deep, but not historic, this could/should continue the restocking that Hexy has been working on since taking over.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall is going to continue to work is rebuild to perfection just like he learned in LA. We saw the foundations of a championship team this year with their gutsy, no-quit, find-a-way-to win attitude in the face of some pretty stiff adversity. I suspect he'll address our lack of size and the additions for a better PP which was our Achilles Heel all year. This can can only continue to get better.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. This will essentially replace Gagner with more of a scoring force and provide offensive firepower to either the first or second line (and power play). It helps Couturier expand his game further as well.

Thoughts on the FA front? I can't see them going after someone much on the wrong side of 30 given the fact that this team is still at least a couple of years away from being a Cup contender. I also can't see them shelling out huge dollars for one of the top guys (ok, Holmgren might have), which probably rules out Ladd (30), Staal (31) and Lucic (27). Next tier LWs that come to mind are Mikkel Boedker (26) and Teddy Purcell (30). Both of the latter would bring a good combination of size, speed and skill, although neither plays a hard-nosed game. They both can also play either wing when needed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Martin is a free agent.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see him playing? I suspect he's going to get $1.5mil+/yr, which is a lot for a 4th liner.
How about a third line left wing spot. in the end we wound up having Colin McDonald there.