• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now .....

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thought. Vinny and Luke Schenn were both traded to the Kings. People felt sure this was Vinny's chance for another deep run...and the Flyers go deeper, okay one game, but deeper than the Kings.

Are we saying goodbye too?: RJ Umberger, Sam Gagner, Radko Gudas, Brandon Manning, Ryan White, Matt Read?
Will Mason and Neuvirth both be back?
Will we every find out just how injured Giroux and Jake were?

We pretty much know that Medvedev is gone. That is really the only given that we have.

So much to look forward too. So much promise. Really excited about 5 on 5. PK has flashes. PP has flashes. So many prospects who could force moves.

This off season will not be dull.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umberger and Gagner will be gone I'd say. Probably White too, even though he's a guy we love. It's just that he's a UFA and could make a little more money elsewhere.

Tough call on Gudas and Manning. They play a similar game, so one will probably be dealt. Not enough room for them both in the top 7 or 8.

Unless we try to sell high on Neuvy, I'd expect both goalies to be back. They are both signed.

I'm sure the injuries we were dealing with will trickle out here in the next few days.

We just looked a little too weary altogether to truly compete with the rested, high-powered Caps, but we gave them everything we had. Enough so that I think they will be screwed against the Pens.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, if a goalie move is made it will be in training camp or during the season and it will be because Stolarz or Lyon make it impossible to keep them down on the farm.

The biggest thing Gudas has going for him is he is right handed. Mark Alt is the only other right handed defenseman in the system at this time.

On greater reflection I must say that AMac played a really good series. Not as good as Justin Schultz, but far better than might have been anticipated. He really used his skating and ability to get into passing and shooting lanes and then let his partner or nearest forward deal with the puck.

The other X-factor IMHO will be Mark Streit. His return was inspiring. He actually looked better in the playoffs as an all around defenseman than he did when healthy in the past. He still has a wicked shot and can run a PP. The issue is that there are only so many spots on a blue line. There are younger legs coming and they don't make as much money. Streit at the draft could move you up considerably (if moved to the right team).

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gagner, but I know he will probably be gone. I like White as well. Umberger will be gone. What is the status on Schenn? I hope we resign him long term.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn earned his extension this year. He is RFA. I'm guessing he gets a deal similar to coots

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both are signed through next year

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's clear Umberger will be bought out. With the injuries/suspensions we went with an AHL player, Colin McDonald (who played pretty well in my opinion).

Gudas and Manning had good series. A Mac had a good series. I still believe A Mac will be 6-7 next year. I would think Manning is the odd man out as we need at least 1 spot for a young guy.

Both goalies are back. They are both under contract. Stolarz is there for when one of those guys gets nicked up during the season.

Schenn and White will be resigned. Gagner and Medvedev are gone.

I can see Streit being moved at the draft. A few teams always need some salary and he can still QB a PP and play top 4 minutes. His problem is that we have 2 guys that are now better at what he does in Ghost and MDZ.

JMHO!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see the Flyers go after a top 6 LW either via trade or free agency.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see the Flyers go after a top 6 LW either via trade or free agency.

Absolutely. This will essentially replace Gagner with more of a scoring force and provide offensive firepower to either the first or second line (and power play). It helps Couturier expand his game further as well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Neuvy is a bit more determined than Mase. Signing him has turned out to be a huge blessing and we may have just found our new starting goalie for the next few years. He'll likely be cheaper and perform better, and at the same age as Mase. If Neuvy stays healthy, can handle the workload of a starter and continues to perform at or above his current level, he's our top guy. He knows this and he is coming.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Neuvy is a bit more determined than Mase. Signing him has turned out to be a huge blessing and we may have just found our new starting goalie for the next few years. He'll likely be cheaper and perform better, and at the same age as Mase. If Neuvy stays healthy, can handle the workload of a starter and continues to perform at or above his current level, he's our top guy. He knows this and he is coming.
I agree I like Neuvy better. He uses less movement stays calm and he has better rebound control and puck control. Maybe we get them both back for 1 more season until Stolarz is ready.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I like Neuvy better. He uses less movement stays calm and he has better rebound control and puck control. Maybe we get them both back for 1 more season until Stolarz is ready.

Obviously Mase is the bigger goalie, but I think you can argue that his positioning and instincts are worse and he is much more easily rattled. Those traits (or lack thereof) are kind of a big deal, especially in the playoffs. Neuvy is quicker, more athletic, extremely determined and often plays with more confidence. The team feeds off of that and we play better in front of him as a result.

I'm not ready to hand Neuvy the starting job right now, but he definitely has a head start on it in my eyes.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing against Mase, I like the guy, but after this season Mase shows his weaknesses in a big way in shootouts. I know it doesn't solely put on him, but damn. He would get beat on the shootouts way to many times.

Neuvy, is always calm, cool, and collect in any situation, and is smaller and can recover a little faster than Mase.

I would hate to see either of them go, they compliment eachother and push eachother to be better, but if there was a choice, I would take Neuvy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That competition they got going on is why Hextall needs to sign both of them. Even if Mason gets relegated to back-up, I think he and Neuvy would still be good goalies for us.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That competition they got going on is why Hextall needs to sign both of them. Even if Mason gets relegated to back-up, I think he and Neuvy would still be good goalies for us.
again...they are both signed through next year