• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now .....

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a third line left wing spot. in the end we wound up having Colin McDonald there.

Could be, unless they also sign a top 6 LW that bumps Raffl to the 3rd line.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, unless they also sign a top 6 LW that bumps Raffl to the 3rd line.
This is true but we need to get bigger and tougher somewhere or the Washington's of the world will just keep knocking the Coots of the world out for the series.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but we need to get bigger and tougher somewhere or the Washington's of the world will just keep knocking the Coots of the world out for the series.

What kind of contract would you be willing to give Martin? He made $1.3 mil. this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The toughness and physicality doesn't bother me that much. Same for size. The Flyers need to get someone who can score goals. That's the biggest thing missing to me, a shoot first, selfish, goal scorer. Size would be nice, speed would be nice, but scoring is my primary concern.

Other than that, i expect them to keep to the script for the most part. Resign White, makes me sense to me than Matt Martin because i think you can get White significantly cheaper and they're not much different on the ice to me. Medvedev gone, agreed. I think Gagner will likely be gone, though I could see them bringing him back cheap if they cant find anything else. Both goalies will stay as they're both signed. I don't think Stolarz (or Lyons) will be ready for another few years.

I think Konecny and Provorov make the team in the fall, other than that i don't expect big changes. I'm hoping they draft the shoot first, selfish scorer, with the 17th pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing missing in your post awaz is lots of work and subsequent progress on improving the PP. We were terrible all year!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The toughness and physicality doesn't bother me that much. Same for size. The Flyers need to get someone who can score goals. That's the biggest thing missing to me, a shoot first, selfish, goal scorer. Size would be nice, speed would be nice, but scoring is my primary concern.

Other than that, i expect them to keep to the script for the most part. Resign White, makes me sense to me than Matt Martin because i think you can get White significantly cheaper and they're not much different on the ice to me. Medvedev gone, agreed. I think Gagner will likely be gone, though I could see them bringing him back cheap if they cant find anything else. Both goalies will stay as they're both signed. I don't think Stolarz (or Lyons) will be ready for another few years.

I think Konecny and Provorov make the team in the fall, other than that i don't expect big changes. I'm hoping they draft the shoot first, selfish scorer, with the 17th pick.
Konecny may be your scorer he looked good. Proverov may also be huge..may be enough with those two to improve. I'd sign White shuffle a few guys around...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one guy who I really want and would fit perfectly is Okposo. Not sure how much he would be getting, but he will be getting a raise?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree for the most part. However, with more comments I read regarding Hexy I don't think Konecny will be up next year. Homer made a comment that Hexy would rather over-cook prospects in the minors than bring them up before they are done. Provorov is a shoe-in as long as Streit is moved at the draft.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of contract would you be willing to give Martin? He made $1.3 mil. this year.
Depends where we put him. If he's going to be our third line winger I would have to go at least 1.8-2.2 million range. If we sign a top 6 and push Raffl back we don't need him at the price he will be offered from other teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree for the most part here but it pretty much sounds like this years team all over again where we overachieved just to get where we were. This may be pretty good if we don't run into teams that are way bigger and can survive a 7 game series ala Washington's and Anaheim's of the world.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup,I read it earlier. They are doing things the right way. The draft will be crucial.
I'm not sure how much the new breed of analytics helps but if it does it sounds like we hired the right guy .

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how much the new breed of analytics helps but if it does it sounds like we hired the right guy .
I thought this has been around the league for awhile, but the Flyers are now on board?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part here but it pretty much sounds like this years team all over again where we overachieved just to get where we were. This may be pretty good if we don't run into teams that are way bigger and can survive a 7 game series ala Washington's and Anaheim's of the world.

Heh, ya, pretty much the same team and I would expect a pretty similar result. The major help for this team is coming from the draft, so having provorov and konecny (maybe) would be the influx for next year. Might not be super dramatic, but it will start paying dividends eventually. And doing it this way, keeps your cap sitting pretty. Then when these guys get some experience and start becoming the core of the team, you have money to go out and make a splash or two acquiring established players.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part. However, with more comments I read regarding Hexy I don't think Konecny will be up next year. Homer made a comment that Hexy would rather over-cook prospects in the minors than bring them up before they are done. Provorov is a shoe-in as long as Streit is moved at the draft.

The reason I say that is because konecny had 101 points in 60 junior games this season. If he goes back as an overager he's just going to destroy everyone. I don't think he gets much from another year in juniors. His big obstacle is going to be playing his game, at his size, against nhl size. Maybe they send him back just to have his confidence at ridiculous levels in 2017-18, but I think he sticks this fall.

It'd be nice if he could play in the ahl next year...

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I say that is because konecny had 101 points in 60 junior games this season. If he goes back as an overager he's just going to destroy everyone. I don't think he gets much from another year in juniors. His big obstacle is going to be playing his game, at his size, against nhl size. Maybe they send him back just to have his confidence at ridiculous levels in 2017-18, but I think he sticks this fall.

It'd be nice if he could play in the ahl next year...
Yeah, that age 20 AHL rule is bullshit