• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now .....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, true Doobs. Doan is not 25 years old anymore and I suppose Hextall is not going down that road anymore.
Yeah man, I'm not saying Shane Doan isn't going to be good or anything like that, dude obviously still has mad game. I just look at the Flyers' roster and think they got enough guys who could do what Doan could do, they just need to work on their speed game, and they'll be a lot like the Pens.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be going after one of Eriksson, Ladd, McGinn or Okposo. Everyone else is either too old, too expensive or doesn't score enough. This should be a short term deal too. I'd also consider going after someone that scores less often but has speed, like Helm or Grabner.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good choices as well Maverick. I like Helm and Grabner with their blazing speed. If even they don't score right away, there is always the set-up to other scorers that speed affords. Case in point. Gostisbehere.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be going after one of Eriksson, Ladd, McGinn or Okposo. Everyone else is either too old, too expensive or doesn't score enough. This should be a short term deal too. I'd also consider going after someone that scores less often but has speed, like Helm or Grabner.

Good choices as well Maverick. I like Helm and Grabner with their blazing speed. If even they don't score right away, there is always the set-up to other scorers that speed affords. Case in point. Gostisbehere.
I think Jiri Hudler would also be a very attractive FA target.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No questioning Hudler as far as speed, skill or experience go, but he will be turning 33 next season. That's a bit of a red flag in all honesty.

That said, our forward group probably needs that experience to compete for a Cup. It's a fine line.

Last edited:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No questioning Hudler as far as speed, skill or experience go, but he will be turning 33 next season. That's a bit of a red flag in all honesty.

That said, our forward group probably needs that experience to compete for a Cup. It's a fine line.
I would probably offer him a 3 year deal, he should be good for 3 for that.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not slow, but he doesn't give the Flyers the speed they need to take their game to the next level. I think the ideal free agent pickup for the Flyers would be someone like Michael Grabner. He's a very fast skater, he's 28 years old (so he's just about to hit his prime), & he's someone you could sign for a reasonable price.
I wish a guy like Matt Duchense was available. He would fit the bill nicely for the Flyers imo.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish a guy like Matt Duchense was available. He would fit the bill nicely for the Flyers imo.
Matt Duchense is no doubt a great player and has the skill sets that could take the Flyers to the next level, but don't forget he comes with a $6 million cap hit until 2019. I think that the Flyers could get their missing pieces without having to pay anyone more than $4 million per season. That way they could get faster and build their depth as well. I think your first 2 lines are set, just gotta work on the 3rd & 4th lines.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Duchense is no doubt a great player and has the skill sets that could take the Flyers to the next level, but don't forget he comes with a $6 million cap hit until 2019. I think that the Flyers could get their missing pieces without having to pay anyone more than $4 million per season. That way they could get faster and build their depth as well. I think your first 2 lines are set, just gotta work on the 3rd & 4th lines.
Great to hear from you @DoobeeDoobeeDoo . Congrats on the Pens buddy.. My in-laws are loving life in the sports world these days. The Pens winning the Cup and now the Cavs are champs. Holy hell, and the Buckeyes are on top of the world. :suds:I'm drinking a cold Guiness now!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to hear from you @DoobeeDoobeeDoo . Congrats on the Pens buddy.. My in-laws are loving life in the sports world these days. The Pens winning the Cup and now the Cavs are champs. Holy hell, and the Buckeyes are on top of the world. :suds:I'm drinking a cold Guiness now!
Thanks Mall, great times for tRust Belt!
:suds: