• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL West Talk

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the fact the A's won it last year and lead now. But, I'm telling you now A's fans, the Rangers are nobody to count out. The Rangers have starters out with injuries due to return in time for the stretch drive, plus they have more capability than the A's to make deadline moves. Add to that the disparity between Texas/Oaklands record with over .500 teams, AND, the Tigers who have proven to strangle Oakland are one of the road trips awaiting the A's for 4 games in Detroit.. Texas is all finished in that place. Not putting the A's down.. both teams are probably going to the playoffs, but I'd thonk twice before saying you'll outfinish Texas-- not saying for sure you won't, just don't get caught counting chickens on that is all I'm saying.

Us making moves will deff help a lot on deciding who will win the division

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 games to 3.5 in a few days.
Watch out.

Would really be nice to extend the current four-game win streak in Oakland this weekend. Very encouraging that we've scored 27-runs over that span, following only 25-runs scored in the first ten games after the break. Hopefully that continues, too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers take 2 of 3 from Oakland to cut their lead to 2.5. Rangers aren't going anywhere A's.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting points. I particularly like the warning about counting chickens.

Oh, yes.. and it's a very grave warning that nobody over there had better take lightly. I know the Rangers well.. that's a tough ballclub with a good pitching staff who won't back down from anyone.. contenders included. Like the umpire would say-- I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yes.. and it's a very grave warning that nobody over there had better take lightly. I know the Rangers well.. that's a tough ballclub with a good pitching staff who won't back down from anyone.. contenders included. Like the umpire would say-- I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Your warning is now looking prescient. Following the break the Rangers lost 8 of their first ten games to fall 6 games back of the A's. Since then, and a team meeting following getting swept in Cleveland, the team has won 8 of 9 games, including 2 of 3 in Oakland, to get within a game of the A's. Still have to deal with the loss of Cruz and the fact that the A's are a good team, so I'm certainly not about to start counting chickens.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting points. I particularly like the warning about counting chickens.

Yup, and that was Garza to add to an otherwise solid rotation. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. Ogando is the one not to underestimate-- When his head is on straight, he's good, and I mean real good. I wouldn't doubt but what we'll find Texas in October in one capacity or another, either as a division champion or WC. PS, in my pre season picks still on record at espn, I showed the Rangers winning that division.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and that was Garza to add to an otherwise solid rotation. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. Ogando is the one not to underestimate-- When his head is on straight, he's good, and I mean real good. I wouldn't doubt but what we'll find Texas in October in one capacity or another, either as a division champion or WC. PS, in my pre season picks still on record at espn, I showed the Rangers winning that division.

Ogando has great stuff, but, to me, he is most effective as a late inning RP. While he has had stretches when he's been effective as a starter, he's never really shown the consistency that he did as a late inning RP in '10 and '11. Just my opinion.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your warning is now looking prescient. Following the break the Rangers lost 8 of their first ten games to fall 6 games back of the A's. Since then, and a team meeting following getting swept in Cleveland, the team has won 8 of 9 games, including 2 of 3 in Oakland, to get within a game of the A's. Still have to deal with the loss of Cruz and the fact that the A's are a good team, so I'm certainly not about to start counting chickens.

I've been an uber fan for 38 seasons now and A's fans simply flipped their cap at me at the time like yeah, yeah whatever you say.. we got this. I came back with ONE coment-- don't bet on it, this was on one of the other sites I go to from time to time. They're gettin' real scared now.. as well they should.. I don't just talk to hear myself say something.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando has great stuff, but, to me, he is most effective as a late inning RP. While he has had stretches when he's been effective as a starter, he's never really shown the consistency that he did as a late inning RP in '10 and '11. Just my opinion.

Ogando is a good starter, but now that you have Garza in that rotation slot, then yes, I'd say you can afford to slide him over there, and if you do, bear in mind that he can go 1,3, or 6 for you as needed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando is a good starter, but now that you have Garza in that rotation slot, then yes, I'd say you can afford to slide him over there, and if you do, bear in mind that he can go 1,3, or 6 for you as needed.

Ogando won't be moved until Harrison comes back, which will hopefully be at the first of September.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harridon is a good pitcher now.. he's what?? a 3.50-3.80 ERA pitcher on the basic average?? Oh, yes.. you find a spot for good pitchers like :omg:those ERAs in your rotation, oh yes.. you certainly do.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harridon is a good pitcher now.. he's what?? a 3.50-3.80 ERA pitcher on the basic average?? Oh, yes.. you find a spot for good pitchers like :omg:those ERAs in your rotation, oh yes.. you certainly do.

Hard to say. Last year was his best year with a low 3's ERA among other things. He was hurt to start the year so we're not really sure how good he'll end up being. At minimum he's what you described and probably is ultimately an outstanding #3 or fringe #2.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you can ask your opening day starter to hopefully be ready to be your #5 in September, things are going ok for your rotation

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Rangers are a NASTY tooth and nails ballclub. Texas is nobody you want on your schedule. Not to belabor the point, but my goodness, the truth is this-- with a Rangers lineup above average and starters who come at you SUB 3.80, I ask you.. do YOU want to tangle with the Rangers?? Stupid question I'm sure....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Rangers are a NASTY tooth and nails ballclub. Texas is nobody you want on your schedule. Not to belabor the point, but my goodness, the truth is this-- with a Rangers lineup above average and starters who come at you SUB 3.80, I ask you.. do YOU want to tangle with the Rangers?? Stupid question I'm sure....

Not to mention that bullpen.

#Filthy.