• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL West Talk

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to the race.

A's should fall back to earth soon enough.

Angels coming on a bit.

Texas always dangerous.

Your M's are also showing some life, trailing the LAA by only four games. Pretty remarkable what Ibanez is doing and Seager and Morales are very good hitters.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you referring to?

Good question. Claiming that it's loose use of language to call Harrison, Lewis, Ogando, or Feliz a SP is pretty ignorant.

Still, injuries are part of the game and something good teams overcome. In the Rangers case, I think that they are probably going to have to do so with a trade or two.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was pretty clear.

No you weren't. That's why we asked. If you're just here to troll then kindly stay out of the discussion. If not, please elaborate as asked.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're using the phrase SP pretty loosely there...

You don't think Harrison, Yu, Ogando, or Colby are starting pitchers on other teams I guess? Feliz? Tepesch is a rookie but he's a legit #5 so far.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. Claiming that it's loose use of language to call Harrison, Lewis, Ogando, or Feliz a SP is pretty ignorant.

Still, injuries are part of the game and something good teams overcome. In the Rangers case, I think that they are probably going to have to do so with a trade or two.

oh yeah, I'm not saying that we should suspend the season or anything to wait for health. Just saying that with all those injuries to our SP and we are still within a head to head series of Oakland is pretty remarkable.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you weren't. That's why we asked. If you're just here to troll then kindly stay out of the discussion. If not, please elaborate as asked.
So me saying you're overrating the impact of those injuries is being a troll.

K GOT IT

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your M's are also showing some life, trailing the LAA by only four games. Pretty remarkable what Ibanez is doing and Seager and Morales are very good hitters.

m's won't factor into anything this year, but seager and a couple other kids have been fun to watch. really looking forward to next year for the first time in a very long time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m's won't factor into anything this year, but seager and a couple other kids have been fun to watch. really looking forward to next year for the first time in a very long time.

I'm ever the optimist. I feel like if the right additions are made we could have a contender next year.

But I know those right additions will not happen. Such is the life of a Mariners fan.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can hope for is that the Mariners at least get Felix enough wins to have a solid case for a Cy Young.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So me saying you're overrating the impact of those injuries is being a troll.

K GOT IT

If you weren't being a smart ass, then why are you dodging a legit question and playing to the troll comment? My guess is Romeo landed that one and it stings.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing you will be selling Ibanez? He isn't the future of the team, but could help build it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine the Mariners would listen to offers on Ibanez.

As I stated in another thread my main concern is that no team would offer anything worth trading him for. Because of his advanced age and the possibility he falls off, I can't imagine any team would really give anything decent for a half season rental on a 41 year old. If I'm a team looking at Ibanez the first thing I have to ask myself is if he will continue producing like this, and that is a huge red flag that really decreases his value.

I have a feeling if the Mariners don't get any decent offers (really strong chance), they hold on to him and give him another 1 year deal at the end of the season. Although he will be 42 next year, you have to imagine with the season he is having he would have bought himself at least another year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine the Mariners would listen to offers on Ibanez.

As I stated in another thread my main concern is that no team would offer anything worth trading him for. Because of his advanced age and the possibility he falls off, I can't imagine any team would really give anything decent for a half season rental on a 41 year old. If I'm a team looking at Ibanez the first thing I have to ask myself is if he will continue producing like this, and that is a huge red flag that really decreases his value.

I have a feeling if the Mariners don't get any decent offers (really strong chance), they hold on to him and give him another 1 year deal at the end of the season. Although he will be 42 next year, you have to imagine with the season he is having he would have bought himself at least another year.

YEah, trying to get him on another 1 year might work. But I'd try to sign him to that prior to the deadline to make sure this year doesn't make himthink he can get a higher value deal next year. If I'm the Mariners, I know I'm not likely going to make the playoffs this year and take anything of value offered. Even if it is just a projected RP currently in AA, it is younger/cheaper/will be around longer than Raul. And if he keeps hitting and you lose a few games without his bat, then you draft a little higher next year. Gotta go full rebuild in regards to rentals if you want to make the quick turn around. SEA has the talent there, just need a couple of pieces. One good young bat and then a mid-30's veteran leader who can still DH...right in the mix in the west.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think rangers win this division once they pick up that bat and hopefully get Garza

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the fact the A's won it last year and lead now. But, I'm telling you now A's fans, the Rangers are nobody to count out. The Rangers have starters out with injuries due to return in time for the stretch drive, plus they have more capability than the A's to make deadline moves. Add to that the disparity between Texas/Oaklands record with over .500 teams, AND, the Tigers who have proven to strangle Oakland are one of the road trips awaiting the A's for 4 games in Detroit.. Texas is all finished in that place. Not putting the A's down.. both teams are probably going to the playoffs, but I'd thonk twice before saying you'll outfinish Texas-- not saying for sure you won't, just don't get caught counting chickens on that is all I'm saying.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the fact the A's won it last year and lead now. But, I'm telling you now A's fans, the Rangers are nobody to count out. The Rangers have starters out with injuries due to return in time for the stretch drive, plus they have more capability than the A's to make deadline moves. Add to that the disparity between Texas/Oaklands record with over .500 teams, AND, the Tigers who have proven to strangle Oakland are one of the road trips awaiting the A's for 4 games in Detroit.. Texas is all finished in that place. Not putting the A's down.. both teams are probably going to the playoffs, but I'd thonk twice before saying you'll outfinish Texas-- not saying for sure you won't, just don't get caught counting chickens on that is all I'm saying.

Interesting points. I particularly like the warning about counting chickens.