• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL West Talk

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your rotation is nastier than a bucket of old piss. Here I am saying that as a Tiver fan, and I don't think I have to say a word there.. this is how you know the crediting is real for what you have there.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention that bullpen.

#Filthy.

You would be the one Detroit would have it's toughest battle with come October imo. I'm not so much afraid of teams like Boston, Tsmpa, Clrveland, New York etc.. we know the way to get to them.. Rangers are that one I'm not sure of.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Romeo about that bullpen even better with Ogando and Feliz in there ;)

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so few in the AL who scare me, so few.. then there were the Rangers, YIKES. Gotta admit though, Detroit is nobody to sneeze at either.. jus sayin

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have such a wealth of pitching, but you could use one more .300-30-100 type in your order. Do you ever expect the Rangers to make a move in that regard??

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have such a wealth of pitching, but you could use one more .300-30-100 type in your order. Do you ever expect the Rangers to make a move in that regard??

They've been working their asses off to make that happen, but so far towers and loria were idiots. I'm not sure Justin Upton would've made a huge impact on our lineup though.

I think they make a move this winter. Loria finally listened on Stanton right at the deadline which tells me he'll listen this winter. Frankly, because of the second wild card I think most bigger moves will happen in the winter.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been working their asses off to make that happen, but so far towers and loria were idiots. I'm not sure Justin Upton would've made a huge impact on our lineup though.

I think they make a move this winter. Loria finally listened on Stanton right at the deadline which tells me he'll listen this winter. Frankly, because of the second wild card I think most bigger moves will happen in the winter.

JUpton was on a tear early on and he is absolutely destroying the ball right now. He did nothing for June and July, but good greif he's found a groove now.

I just hope that we have enough talent to get him without having to empty the system. We don't really have a superstud prospect right now. Profar is still up there, but not the same. I think now it would take profar + Perez + a few more names we all know for Stanton. If we get Garza locked up, I'm ok moving Perez and Profar for the right guy. I think Stanton is that guy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be able to include one of our BP guys for trades. Soria, Feliz, Ross. Not necessarily recommending any of these, but if we're going to move players for a RF bat, then someone's gotta go. I actually think Cruz will be strongly considered! The Rangers will not trade Perez! He's 22 and showing signs of being a solid # 3 guy. There's no assurances Garza will resign or even be wanted at this point. But next season, as starters, Darvish-Holland-Harrison-Perez-Ogando would be terrific, and this doesn't even take into account there's a possibility of Lewis returning.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frasor for sure!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's been the A's division to lose all fucking year. Sack up boys... it gon' hurt.

I just realized that no A's fans had been posting in this thread in the past week or so, so I'm hoping that by bumping this post some of them might remember that there is unfinished business here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUpton was on a tear early on and he is absolutely destroying the ball right now. He did nothing for June and July, but good greif he's found a groove now.

I just hope that we have enough talent to get him without having to empty the system. We don't really have a superstud prospect right now. Profar is still up there, but not the same. I think now it would take profar + Perez + a few more names we all know for Stanton. If we get Garza locked up, I'm ok moving Perez and Profar for the right guy. I think Stanton is that guy.

I'm absolutely not ok with moving Perez.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that no A's fans had been posting in this thread in the past week or so, so I'm hoping that by bumping this post some of them might remember that there is unfinished business here.

Funny how that works isn't it. :dhd:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm absolutely not ok with moving Perez.

me either. i think we re-sign Garza and go with Darvish, Holland, Garza, Harrison and Perez. wouldn't be surprised to see either Ogando or Feliz as part of a package in the off-season to bring in a bat like Stanton or CarGo

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homage is no longer able to post, so that might be why :)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there's that shit talker RespectOaklandBaseball who's been pretty silent.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn! That's disappointing.

Also think it would be a mistake to deal Perez. He has really shown a lot of promise, particularly in his starts @LAA, @ St. Louis, and v. Cincinnati. Very impressive for the young lefty to shut down potent lineups like those. He's got the stuff to develop the ability to put guys away and could become really outstanding, in my opinion.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be able to include one of our BP guys for trades. Soria, Feliz, Ross. Not necessarily recommending any of these, but if we're going to move players for a RF bat, then someone's gotta go. I actually think Cruz will be strongly considered! The Rangers will not trade Perez! He's 22 and showing signs of being a solid # 3 guy. There's no assurances Garza will resign or even be wanted at this point. But next season, as starters, Darvish-Holland-Harrison-Perez-Ogando would be terrific, and this doesn't even take into account there's a possibility of Lewis returning.

You only trade him if you think he's only going to be a #3 guy cause those are easy to find. I wouldn't trade perez if you think he's gonna be a TORP

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only trade him if you think he's only going to be a #3 guy cause those are easy to find. I wouldn't trade perez if you think he's gonna be a TORP

First of all I think it's way too early to put a ceiling in place for Perez. As far as saying a #3 being easy to find, I guess you can plug anyone in and call him a #3, but finding a quality #3 is not easy at all. In 2010 & 11 I heard a lot of people questioning the Rangers starting rotation simply because they didn't have that true ACE. (until Lee, but they were already leading division and he wasn't exactly lights out in regular season) But the one of the main reason the Rangers have been successful is because of pitching, and it's because they had depth, they might not of had the best #1 going, but the back end matched up or was better than most in the AL.

If your 3-5 is better than the majority of teams in the league, that is HUGE going through the regular season, and a 7 game series as well. You may have a really good 1 & 2, but if 3-5 is shit, you could have some trouble getting through the regular season. Quality pitching depth is so important, and being a Ranger's fan you should be able to see that more than a lot of people. Perez is a 22 year old already in a rotation that is contending with upside. Not saying he is untouchable, but it would have to be a deal that really makes sense