• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aging Spurs about to get older

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this logic, Westbrook is also better than Lebron and KD. Just because a guy wins MVP doesn't mean he is the best player.

Steve Nash won 2 MVP's...Kobe only won 1.

Yet Kobe was the better player.

The biggest reasons LeBron and Durant weren't up for consideration for the award was because...

1) The Cavs won a pedestrian 51 games in the weak east and with a much better supporting cast than Westbrook had in OKC.
2) Durant didn't play in enough games to qualify.

And since when have voters voted based on pure stats??? If that's the case, then Kobe would indeed have more than the one MVP as you've pointed out. It's the Most Valuable Player Award, and Westbrook was more valuable to OKC last season than Leonard was to the Spurs.

The reason everyone on the board says that Kawhi is better, is because he is.

And just because you say someone is better doesn't mean he/she is.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest reasons LeBron and Durant weren't up for consideration for the award was because...

1) The Cavs won a pedestrian 51 games in the weak east and with a much better supporting cast than Westbrook had in OKC.

And since when have voters voted based on pure stats??? If that's the case, then Kobe would indeed have more than the one MVP as you've pointed out. It's the Most Valuable Player Award, and Westbrook was more valuable to OKC last season than Leonard was to the Spurs.

"Pure stats" is different than averaging a triple- double. Most players don't ever acheive a triple double. Westbrook AVERAGED one while scoring over 30 points per game. That's no normal stat. That's above and beyond.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing with the MVP is that no one seems to be able to agree (at least among voters) what qualifies for the award. Some say the MVP should go the leagues best player. If that's how it were done, then Lebron would be on probably his 7th or 8th straight MVP award and Kobe would probably have 4 or 5 more MVP's himself.

Some say it should go to the guy who puts together the best season statistically.

Some say it should go to the guy who is most valuable to his team.

It usually goes to the best player on a playoff team.

There are strengths and weaknesses in all 3 options.

As for Westbrook being more valuable, that is because he was the best player on a team that likely doesn't make the playoffs without him. That doesn't make him better than Kawhi. It just means he played with a worse roster, thus making him more valuable. If the 2 switched teams, Kawhi likely wins MVP because the Thunder would need him more than the Spurs would need Westbrook.

Also, Westbrook did something that had only been achieved one other time in NBA history. So yeah, he got the award. Doesn't make him the best player and it doesn't make him better than Kawhi or anyone else. He accomplished a pretty amazing feat and was rewarded for it.

If I were the only one saying that Kawhi is better, you might have a point. But I'm not, so you don't.

Additionally, this type of bullshit is exactly why no one on here likes you and why you constantly find yourself in arguments. Virtually everyone on here says that Kawhi is better and you make a post acting like I'm the only one who said it because you're pissy that no one agrees with you.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLD ANCIENT OVERPAID MAN Aldridge scored 41 tonight

Quietly he is a darkhorse MVP candidate and a strong comeback player of the year

Maybe, the Spurs knew what they were doing?

Well, at least for the time being anyways.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with the MVP is that no one seems to be able to agree (at least among voters) what qualifies for the award. Some say the MVP should go the leagues best player. If that's how it were done, then Lebron would be on probably his 7th or 8th straight MVP award and Kobe would probably have 4 or 5 more MVP's himself.

Some say it should go to the guy who puts together the best season statistically.

Some say it should go to the guy who is most valuable to his team.

It usually goes to the best player on a playoff team.

There are strengths and weaknesses in all 3 options.

As for Westbrook being more valuable, that is because he was the best player on a team that likely doesn't make the playoffs without him. That doesn't make him better than Kawhi. It just means he played with a worse roster, thus making him more valuable. If the 2 switched teams, Kawhi likely wins MVP because the Thunder would need him more than the Spurs would need Westbrook.

Also, Westbrook did something that had only been achieved one other time in NBA history. So yeah, he got the award. Doesn't make him the best player and it doesn't make him better than Kawhi or anyone else. He accomplished a pretty amazing feat and was rewarded for it.

If I were the only one saying that Kawhi is better, you might have a point. But I'm not, so you don't.

Additionally, this type of bullshit is exactly why no one on here likes you and why you constantly find yourself in arguments. Virtually everyone on here says that Kawhi is better and you make a post acting like I'm the only one who said it because you're pissy that no one agrees with you.
Lmfao...

Did anyone other than Hurricane Shark Shit pick Westbrook?

Russ is FEROCIOUS.

But, he is not better than Kawhi.

Gmafb

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quietly he is a darkhorse MVP candidate and a strong comeback player of the year

Took a little longer than most thought, but he seems to have bought into Pop and is now looking like the guy everyone thought the Spurs were getting last year.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm happy for Aldridge. Good for him to bounce back after all the criticism he took last year.

@trojanfan12 The Point I've been trying to make all summer long is that Kawhi's game had become increasing iso-heavy last season. I'd say so much that it had in fact limited the effectiveness of Aldridge. The point I had been trying to make for virtually the entire year of 2017 is that for all the criticism Westbrook recieves for ball-hounding and limiting the effectiveness of his teammates, Kawhi gets let off the hook way too easy in this regard because of the system he plays in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Aldridge. Good for him to bounce back after all the criticism he took last year.

@trojanfan12 The Point I've been trying to make all summer long is that Kawhi's game had become increasing iso-heavy last season. I'd say so much that it had in fact limited the effectiveness of Aldridge. The point I had been trying to make for virtually the entire year of 2017 is that for all the criticism Westbrook recieves for ball-hounding and limiting the effectiveness of his teammates, Kawhi gets let off the hook way too easy in this regard because of the system he plays in.

Kawhi is not increasingly iso heavy. Kawhi plays within the Spurs system. He is the Spurs best player and one of the top 4 players in the league, so he is naturally going to get more shots.

Additionally, he gets more shots than earlier in his career because earlier in his career he wasn't nearly as accomplished offensively as he is now and was not his teams first option like he is now. He also isn't the point guard like Westbrook is, so he doesn't start the offense nearly as often and therefore doesn't call his own number like Westbrook.

In short, get back to me when Kawhi starts dominating the ball and ignoring his teammates for long stretches like Westbrook does.