• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aging Spurs about to get older

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the surprise is that the Spurs would settle for being top 8 and a playoff team. Holding out and signing a big name next summer could have put them back in the hunt with the big dogs. This is a very Spur thing to do, just not sure it is the right play.
I seriously doubt Popovich is settling for anything. I think he knows a championship is not as likely as it was with Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, but smart enough to get the next thing to it - until they get what was needed in the draft.

To illustrate, how lucky we Lakers were - If the Lakers had not drafted Kuzma, the Spurs would have. The same Spurs that drafted Tony Parker really late in the draft over a decade and half ago - I wouldn't under-estimate Popovich by any means.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't doubt it. Still not a personal connection for you though. Your uncle, sure.

And his widow (my aunt) moved to Texas to work for Popovich after her husband's death. So yeah, I got connections, which was my whole point in the OP...Nothing more, nothing less.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know somebody who knows Paul George. Which means I know Paul George.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his widow (my aunt) moved to Texas to work for Popovich after her husband's death. So yeah, I got connections, which was my whole point in the OP...Nothing more, nothing less.

LOL.

Have you personally ever met Popovich?

If not, then you don't have anything. Your aunt and uncle may have a connection. There is a big difference. Also, your "connections" aren't in any way relevant to the point in the OP, so not sure why you brought it up at all aside from trying to impress everybody. Don't think it worked.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't hurricane the fella that went on a rant about how so many in the NBA threads are constantly kissing the mod's asses?

Aren't you the dude that thought the notion of Lebron teaming up with Whiteside would be funny???

Because anyone with any semblance of knowledge of how the business of basketball works (which you apparently don't) knows that it's pure and utter stupidity...

Riley was responsible for bloating his payroll for a .500-ish roster and to the point that any sort of notion of LeBron returning to Miami would in fact not be possible.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the dude that thought the notion of Lebron teaming up with Whiteside would be funny???

Because anyone with any semblance of knowledge of how the business of basketball works (which you apparently don't) knows that it's pure and utter stupidity...

Riley was responsible for bloating his payroll for a .500-ish roster and to the point that any sort of notion of LeBron returning to Miami would in fact not be possible.

The fact that you took my comment about LeBron teaming up w/ Whiteside seriously shows how much of a fucking idiot you are. You truly are clueless.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you took my comment about LeBron teaming up w/ Whiteside seriously shows how much of a fucking idiot you are. You truly are clueless.

Wow, todd. Somebody that's not a Lakers or Warriors fan thinks you're a moron too.

Kinda ruins everything you've been saying. Unless you want to add Celtics fans to that list too?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, todd. Somebody that's not a Lakers or Warriors fan thinks you're a moron too.

Kinda ruins everything you've been saying. Unless you want to add Celtics fans to that list too?

Don't forget Net, Raptor, Knick, 6er, Bull, Cav, Pacer (yes Pacer), Piston, Buck, Wizard, Magic, Hawk, Hornet, Sun, Clipper, Long, Warrior, Grizzly, Pelican, Rocket, Maverick, Spur, Wolve, Blazer, Nugget, Thunder, and Jazz fans too.

That is all though. No beef with anybody else on the NBA board.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Have you personally ever met Popovich?

If not, then you don't have anything. Your aunt and uncle may have a connection. There is a big difference. Also, your "connections" aren't in any way relevant to the point in the OP, so not sure why you brought it up at all aside from trying to impress everybody. Don't think it worked.

As a matter of fact, I have. Freshman year in HS at a Bulls/Spurs game at the United Center during David Robinson's final season. Pop went on and on that night toward us about what a bad attitude Malik Rose had.

My uncle was only 60 when he dropped dead of a heart attack, and it was such a mentally draining time for my entire family on my dad's side that at the funeral Popovich personally made a point to reach out to my dad and said "if you need anything just give me a buzz".

I get it though, you don't like the fact that a poster who constantly disagrees with your self-proclaimed "infinite wisdom" on the boards could actually have connections to the greatest basketball coach of all-time. Therefore, you can't legitimately use Pop's players (namely Kawhi) as leverage against me.

So, I'll give you a pass on this one...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elementary school...What a hoot.

He really did graduate HS with my uncle and they were good friends before my uncle's death in 2009...I don't have to prove it to a soul.

I believe you. I saw that picture you posted with Pop and your uncle. All the proof I need.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance And for the record, I wasn't trying to impress a soul with that last line in the OP...Just stating a fact.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance And for the record, I wasn't trying to impress a soul with that last line in the OP...Just stating a fact.

And it is still completely irrelevant to the point of the thread.

So why include it?

Only 1 reason I can think of.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to know someone is lying...way too much detail trying to make it believable.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge with yet another dominating performance early on.

Although the 21 year old Murray is the next Spurs superstar

I feel like he can easily morph into the next Tony Parker. He is a little better defensively, but not quite the passer.

They have a lot of young talent for being so darn old.

Still a long ways to go....things can change....but so far I am happy with the youngster.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have an average age of 28.9. They're a bunch of young guns in comparison to the Cavs at 30.1. GS is at 28.8 right now. KD, Curry and Klay better hope they have no injuries the next couple years because father time is undefeated and when those guys are in their early thirties the young guns won't be pushovers like last year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have an average age of 28.9. They're a bunch of young guns in comparison to the Cavs at 30.1. GS is at 28.8 right now. KD, Curry and Klay better hope they have no injuries the next couple years because father time is undefeated and when those guys are in their early thirties the young guns won't be pushovers like last year.

Yep. I still think the Ws are gonna get 2 more, but they will get harder each time. No way they go 16-1 this year.