• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aggies’ Loftin still vows ‘anytime, anywhere’ with Longhorns

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We debated this a few weeks ago. Note that the author of this piece is still sloppy with his writing:

This all comes (back) to light because earlier this month A&M senior associate athletic director Jason Cook told me regarding the Longhorns, “We hope to play them again in a BCS or playoff game at some point,” quite the opposite of Loftin’s assertion from two years prior.

While Cook offered no further explanation at the time, the message was evident: A&M, under the direction of outspoken chancellor John Sharp, no longer intended to schedule the Longhorns in football in the regular season, even if UT was up for it.

Really? ... what Cook said isn't "quite the opposite" of what Loftin said, and the message isn't evident to everyone. This is so sloppy you have to wonder if he writes for Bleacher Report.

Aggies? Loftin, citing his integrity, still vows ?anytime, anywhere? with Longhorns - Aggies

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They leave the conference and then they claim that it is Texas that is "ending" the yearly rivalry.

Must be Aggie logic.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loftin if getting ready to teach Industrial Engineering next semester. It doesn't matter what he says.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at A&M's joke of a non conference schedule this year and next. Next year they play Rice, some school named Lamar, LA-monroe, and SMU.

UT plays North Texas, BYU and UCLA. I think we can all see who's willing to play, and who's not.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We debated this a few weeks ago. Note that the author of this piece is still sloppy with his writing:

Really? ... what Cook said isn't "quite the opposite" of what Loftin said, and the message isn't evident to everyone. This is so sloppy you have to wonder if he writes for Bleacher Report.

Aggies? Loftin, citing his integrity, still vows ?anytime, anywhere? with Longhorns - Aggies

That was my take last time as well. Someone who isn't the AD saying nothing along the lines of "we don't want to play Texas" or "We will never play Texas" like the writer tried to argue.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at A&M's joke of a non conference schedule this year and next. Next year they play Rice, some school named Lamar, LA-monroe, and SMU.

UT plays North Texas, BYU and UCLA. I think we can all see who's willing to play, and who's not.

Yeah, that tends to happen when you leave a conference that has a different way of scheduling.

I see two cupcakes in the TU schedule, so not really seeing your point.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i'm glad you admit the aggies took the SEC way of scheduling.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i'm glad you admit the aggies took the SEC way of scheduling.

We are in the SEC, so we have to play their conference schedule. Your attempt to make fun of the SEC is lame and tired...much like your football program

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw insults all you want, but Rice, Lamar, LA-monroe and SMU speak for themselves. I know you play small Texas schools to keep an identity in the state, but at least play 1 BCS school.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that tends to happen when you leave a conference that has a different way of scheduling.

I see two cupcakes in the TU schedule, so not really seeing your point.
-

??? BYU, Ole Miss, and NMST.. NMST is garbage, but I dont see 2 cupcakes. This is tired thread, but lets not start making things up. BYU would be one of the better OOC games on many teams schedule. That is more of an indictment on general scheduling, than giving BYU/Texas credit

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see two cupcakes in the UT schedule, so not really seeing your point.

You must have double vision by counting North Texas twice. The current BCS standings have UCLA at #14, BYU is #39, even North Texas is #56.

While the best your school has scheduled is SMU at #91 :omg:

If you see two cupcakes in the UT schedule, how do you describe your school's OOC opponents? Mashed Potatoes?:laugh3:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah_blah_blah.png

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have double vision by counting North Texas twice. The current BCS standings have UCLA at #14, BYU is #39, even North Texas is #56.

If you see two cupcakes in the UT schedule, how do you describe your school's OOC opponents? Mashed Potatoes?:laugh3:
Pretty weak of you UT fans ... TAMU makes a succesful switch to the SEC, pissing you guys off. Get a Heismann, recruiting well. Meanwhile, UT in disarray, getting beat down by lowly Ole Miss (your evaluation at the time, not mine), etc. Going to fire your coach. Polls show TAMU popularity at all time high in Texas. Texas fans say: your OOC schedule sucks. Seriously, that's all you guys got? Pathetic.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty weak of you UT fans ... TAMU makes a succesful switch to the SEC, pissing you guys off. Get a Heismann, recruiting well. Meanwhile, UT in disarray, getting beat down by lowly Ole Miss (your evaluation at the time, not mine), etc. Going to fire your coach. Polls show TAMU popularity at all time high in Texas. Texas fans say: your OOC schedule sucks. Seriously, that's all you guys got? Pathetic.

You forgot
1. Y'all can't win with out JFF
2. Your defense sucks
3. Sumlin only successful with other peoples recruits
4. And my fav - Y'all ended the rivalry not us.

:deadhorse:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Georgia fan trying to stick up for team sec. The subject is a non conference game between UT and a&m, and its clear that a&m doesn't want any team with a pulse on their schedule.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you got your agenda going full bore. The gaggie wrote that UT had 2 cupcakes on its' OOC schedule and when I point out that UT's OOC is vastly superior, you go on a rant.

... and really you don't have a leg to stand on. Georgia is one of the most underperforming teams in the SEC. I guess that explains why you want to concentrate on other schools.:laugh3:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Ags,

He's right. If A&M was playing that schedule there would be at least 2 cup cakes. For the longhorns, not so much.

For you t-sips, was Rice a cup cake when you scheduled them? Isn't Rice on the Texas future schedule? Didn't Rice win a bowl game last year and have 8 wins this year? I seem to remember you horn fans using those arguments when explaining how tough your OOC schedule in the past.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ags,

He's right. If A&M was playing that schedule there would be at least 2 cup cakes. For the longhorns, not so much.

For you t-sips, was Rice a cup cake when you scheduled them? Isn't Rice on the Texas future schedule? Didn't Rice win a bowl game last year and have 8 wins this year? I seem to remember you horn fans using those arguments when explaining how tough your OOC schedule in the past.

Rice is actually your premiere OOC game. They have a BCS ranking of 55.

... and when we play Rice in 2015, they will be considered to be a 'cupcake'. This is just too funny.

It must be hard and embarrassing to defend a shitty OOC schedule like yours.