• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

theSabanator20's Top 20 Most Anticipated OOC games of 2016

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think FSU vs Ole Miss is a bigger game. I'm not sure what to expect out of USC, but it's not much so I don't know how us playing them could be #1. I think UNC/UGA is more intriguing than Bama/USC. I'd put, in order -

1. OSU/Oklahoma
2. FSU/Ole Miss
3. UNC/UGA
4. Bama/USC

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee vs Virginia Tech???

There is about 4 total people excited about that game.

A bunch of rednecks might get liquored up and wonder where all the cars are at the racetrack, but a gimmicky site doesn't make for a good matchup.

Fuck the Sooners,

but OU-Ohio State deserves to at least beat that snooze-fest.

I would not even put Tenn-Va Tech in the top 10 of games I want to watch.

There is an anticipatory element to Tenn-Va Tech given the venue, at least IMO. And it's a match up that we normally don't see. I'm not sure I'd watch that game after all the bells and whistles subside. For instance Arkansas/TCU is on at the same time as Tenn/VT, I'll be spending the majority of my time on Ark/TCU.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5:
1. Ohio St. vs Oklahoma __ Potential Playoff game
2. FSU vs Ole Miss ______ A rare time Clemson will be happy to root for FSU
3. Oklahoma vs Houston __ Big statement game for Houston
4. Bama vs USC _________ A lot of tradition between the two
5. VT vs Tennessee ______ Will be a fun one to watch on TV

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you could possibly have VT/Tennessee ahead of OU/Ohio State. I know Tennessee is supposedly (yet again) expected to be good, but I'm not sure that game belongs in the top 20 let alone #2.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5:
1. Ohio St. vs Oklahoma __ Potential Playoff game
2. FSU vs Ole Miss ______ A rare time Clemson will be happy to root for FSU
3. Oklahoma vs Houston __ Big statement game for Houston
4. Bama vs USC _________ A lot of tradition between the two
5. VT vs Tennessee ______ Will be a fun one to watch on TV

One of the great things about the USC/Bama matchup is if you look at the history of their matches from 1970 when USC came to Legion Field (Birmingham) with black players, and beat the snot out of us as we had an All-White team. Significant game for the South, as the next year we dressed our first black football player, played USC, and beat them 17-10.

A ton of significance that I hope get's more publicity as it was a defining moment in sports in terms of racial barriers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the most anticipated. Unfortunately I think it will likely be a slapdown. By the time the 4th quarter comes around, Bama will have completely ground them down like they do to so many opponents. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm betting it will be closer than people think. USC recruits well and has talent, it's just a matter of if they can get it together than if their coaching can get it together.

Won't be surprised if USC does really well in the Pac12 next year.

And yet at the same time I won't be surprised if they only win 8 or 9 games and get handled. That's just the nature of being potential based.

I worry about the game. They might not look like our toughest opponent of the year, but there is nothing that says they can't beat Alabama. Especially since it's the 1st game of the year and there will be lots of people needing to get experience up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an anticipatory element to Tenn-Va Tech given the venue, at least IMO. And it's a match up that we normally don't see. I'm not sure I'd watch that game after all the bells and whistles subside. For instance Arkansas/TCU is on at the same time as Tenn/VT, I'll be spending the majority of my time on Ark/TCU.
This perfectly sums up the point. Anticipating the pageantry of a game and anticipating a game are very different things. Anyone who says this actual game is the 2nd most highly anticipated game this OOC season is either a UT or VT fan.