• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Stunned by Johnny Manziel

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe "toning it down" for Manziel meant that he wouldn't shag Vegas showgirls on stage while simultaneously snorting coke and chugging vodka?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe "toning it down" for Manziel meant that he wouldn't shag Vegas showgirls on stage while simultaneously snorting coke and chugging vodka?
The kid is just living life to the fullest. Hard to complain about that.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19-6, that is just winning 76% of the time. That is terrible, isn't it Hookem?

I will just list some of the greatest to play in the BCS era and their career won-loss records. You come to your own conclusions...

Vince Young 30-2
Tim Tebow 35-6
Matt Leinart 37-2
Andrew Luck 27-4
RGIII 23-18
Michael Vick 20-2
A.J. McCarron 36-4
Chris Weinke 31-2
Sam Bradford 24-7
Kellen Moore 50-3
Russell Wilson 30-20
Colt McCoy 45-8
Pat White 41-9
Colin Kaepernick 32-17
Drew Brees 24-12

Johnny Manziel 19-6

He is toward the bottom compared to other great QB's from a winning standpoint. Just sayin'

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just list some of the greatest to play in the BCS era and their career won-loss records. You come to your own conclusions...

Vince Young 30-2
Tim Tebow 35-6
Matt Leinart 37-2
Andrew Luck 27-4
RGIII 23-18
Michael Vick 20-2
A.J. McCarron 36-4
Chris Weinke 31-2
Sam Bradford 24-7
Kellen Moore 50-3
Russell Wilson 30-20
Colt McCoy 45-8
Pat White 41-9
Colin Kaepernick 32-17
Drew Brees 24-12

Johnny Manziel 19-6

He is toward the bottom compared to other great QB's from a winning standpoint. Just sayin'

He went 20 and 6 unless you're not counting the Rice game because he was suspended for the first half and yanked for taunting in the second half. I'll give him the win there though because Rice was dominated in that game and he threw three TDs in only eight passing attempts, owned them in his limited action.

2012 was Sumlin's first season in the most brutal division in college football by a mile. It's not close. They finished in the top 5 in the country at 11 and 2 and completely smashed Oklahoma by 28 in the bowl game. The following season his defense was an out and out joke. It was absolutely pathetic on every level. They played six end of year ranked teams as well, two of which finished in the top 5 and another in Alabama who finished in the top 10 and they still finished 18th in the rankings.

You can try to throw shade on him all you want as a Texas fan, but that kid was a winner who dominated defenses with both his arm and feet.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw him out there too soon and he'll be the next Colt McCoy. McCoy had the potential to be a pretty decent NFL QB. I don't watch a lot of NFL besides the Cowboys so i never really saw how he did at Cleveland but since he was gone pretty quick im assuming that they started him before he was ready. Bowns should hold their horses.

I agree that if he gets out to early and does poorly, the haters are going to have a blast. The good news is that it doesn't matter what the haters think, only the coaches. I admit that I don't like him. His attitude at Texas ATM both on and off the field were ridiculous. He's got talent, but I don't like him because he continues to act like a punk. Do I think he will fail in the long run, yes, but only because he so small. McCoy was the same. Just not big or strong enough to play in the NFL. Those 10 yards passes don't work in the NFL. He's a great kid, but just not an NFL Qb.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went 20 and 6 unless you're not counting the Rice game because he was suspended for the first half and yanked for taunting in the second half. I'll give him the win there though because Rice was dominated in that game and he threw three TDs in only eight passing attempts, owned them in his limited action.

2012 was Sumlin's first season in the most brutal division in college football by a mile. It's not close. They finished in the top 5 in the country at 11 and 2 and completely smashed Oklahoma by 28 in the bowl game. The following season his defense was an out and out joke. It was absolutely pathetic on every level. They played six end of year ranked teams as well, two of which finished in the top 5 and another in Alabama who finished in the top 10 and they still finished 18th in the rankings.

You can try to throw shade on him all you want as a Texas fan, but that kid was a winner who dominated defenses with both his arm and feet.

So every QB I named on that list won like 2 games over ranked teams in their entire career? You get no points from me for losing to really good teams. To be considered a winner in my book you have to beat good teams. I'm not sitting here and acting like the losses fall on his shoulders alone though. His defense did have a lot of the blame. However, a bunch of times during his career he had the ball in his hands at the end of the game and couldn't come through. ATM lost a bunch of close games during the Manziel era. I watched just about every game he played in (in person) and loved to see him play. I'm just giving my opinion that he wasn't all that clutch at times. Other times he was awesome with the game on the line. He was inconsistent if anything in that regard.