• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Stunned by Johnny Manziel

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am shocked & appalled"

Wait, no I'm not. Who didn't see this coming? Can anyone think of a young potential franchise QB who came into the NFL acting like Johnny 8-Ball who became a successful franchise QB?

I guessing the closest would be Joe Namath:noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone keep saying Joe Namath? Have you ever heard of Ken Stabler?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away his antics and you get Tebow ....and the press will still find something.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny really is stupid. NFL players are SUPPOSED to be rolling in the dough. Johnny Quarterback decided to put his dough into a roll. And then have people take pictures. What a idiot.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns organization needs to shut the fuck up. This is the most anybody has ever talked about Browns football

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Young and JaCarcuss Russell both come to mind.

JaMarcus was dumb enough to fall into sizzurp addiction. VY is a basically good guy who worked hard but made some mistakes. IMO it's very unfair to compare VY to JaMarcus (other than mentally).

VY also abused the competition in the NFL. He went 32-19 as a starter, went to 2 pro bowls and was ROY. He even helped the Titans to the playoffs and almost helped lead them to another playoff after taking over for Kerry Collins when the Titans started out 0-6. VY's talent was never a problem; it was his immature attitude, which pretty much ended his career. Jamarcus Russell just flat out sucked and took over as the worst bust ever, replacing Ryan Leaf.

This thread is about Johnny breaking a promise to the Browns to tone down the partying.

Why are we talking about Vince Young? :noidea:

Cause like JaMarcus, Ryan Leaf ,Kordell Stewart, Jeff George, Matt Leinhart Vince expected his talent alone to be enough to succeed in the NFL . This differentiates from the shell-shocked (David Carr Tim Couch & Joey Harrington come to mind) . Or the how did they get drafted in the first round types (JP Loosman Rich Campbell Jim Druckenmiller Cade McNown) The draft is a crap shoot and at QB more so. So many are drafted cause of need not want. And how many regimes tried to buy themselves some time by drafting QB's early

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading some posts, Vince Young is dumb. Vince Young is bankrupt.

Vince Young was not a bust in the NFL. Vince Young was ROY and on the cover of Madden's NFL Football game in 2008.

Vince Young was just too private and embarrassed about certain things in his life. Which still are private, but there are reasons he did some of the stupid stuff he did with his money.

Vince Young's restaurant in Austin gets good reviews.

Vince Young did get a degree from Texas. BS in Applied Learning and Development, Youth and Community Studies. 120 credit hours needed.

Vince Young is employed as an Ambassador for the University of Texas. Which basically means he does nothing and gets paid by some booster. I have yet to find a description for an employee Ambassador position that is paid at the University of Texas, but I can find lots about student ambassadors.

There are lots of student ambassadors at Texas, of which none are paid.

http://www.utexas.edu/hr/forms/student_nonbenefits_eligible_emp_app.pdf

BTW, I was a student ambassador at the Colorado School of Mimes. I was unpaid.

I also thought that Manziel would be a bust in the NFL. He is going to be intercepted a lot on those throw it up in the air and hope his receiver catches it throws he makes.

I always thought that when online, mimes would only use emoticons to get their message across.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, if I'm not mistaken, the The Hungarian Howitzer always liked his ladies but didn't start the major partying until the Super Bowl win.
-------
If I'm not mistaken, he was dressed down by the NFL commish at the time for "partying" at clubs supposedly owned/operated by the mafia LONG before his Super Bowl win.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
If I'm not mistaken, he was dressed down by the NFL commish at the time for "partying" at clubs supposedly owned/operated by the mafia LONG before his Super Bowl win.

His family are whitebread gypsies...Irish Travelers...not surprising.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partied like a rock star when I was 21...and I was broke!
The guy is not a starter, he works hard, and he is hounded by the press and every move is scrutinized. So he is basically taking the screw you I'll do what I want approach. Good for him. What could the Browns do? Drop him to the practice squad? Trade him? The fan base is already wound up with manziel mania. His browns jersey is the #1 seller nation wide. Who cares at this point if he has a fun lifestyle. Write an article when he is a starter and the team misses the playoffs because of it.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I partied like a rock star when I was 21...and I was broke!
The guy is not a starter, he works hard, and he is hounded by the press and every move is scrutinized. So he is basically taking the screw you I'll do what I want approach. Good for him. What could the Browns do? Drop him to the practice squad? Trade him? The fan base is already wound up with Manziel mania. His browns jersey is the #1 seller nation wide. Who cares at this point if he has a fun lifestyle. Write an article when he is a starter and the team misses the playoffs because of it.

Let's see he is getting a $4.32 Mil signing bonus of a 4yr $8.247 mil deal His partying lifestyle has already cost him around 8 mil in signing bonus and another 4 mil in salary over 4 years thanks to the red flags that his partying ways raised. The people paying him and who hitched their wagons to him by drafting him have a vested interest in his performance or lack there of. This is a career and a short one at that

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, let's try this one more time because I haven't seen one single post that acknowledges what the issue is. Stop already with the "he's not doing anything wrong."

He promised the Browns he'd "tone down the partying" and he's not. That is what has "stunned" the Browns.

"But he's not doing anything wrong" in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's not doing anythi.....oh ho ho! I almost walked right into that one. The Browns should be stunned and disappointed, guy is a liability for their organization with every rolled 20 and Vegas night party.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hard to feel sorry for the Browns or Rams. They knew what they were inviting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hard to feel sorry for the Browns or Rams. They knew what they were inviting.

Don't feel sorry for them at all. They were looking for a quick marketing boom and to sell a bunch of jerseys. They knew exactly what they were getting. Now enjoy it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Browns who knew exactly what they were getting, Fisher specifically went after Sam and now he has to live with that circus. If Manziel promised to tone down his partying and then ratcheted it right back up, I suspect the Browns would get their jimmies in a wad but they really don't then have a beef if they knew Manziel would pull the old switcheroo.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word from camp is that so far he's not looking all that great, making the typical rookie mistakes.

The Browns are probably still going to start him when the season starts, and that first INT and loss, the floodgates will open on them.......

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case starbigd, the Browns are going to rain down on his backside about all that partying when he promised otherwise and how that contributed to the loss and as you stated, get your waders if you are in that locker room.